By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What difficulty do you play on usually?

What difficulty do you play on usually?

Very Easy 4 2.90%

Easy 9 6.52%

Medium 70 50.72%

Hard 31 22.46%

Very hard 17 12.32%

I let the game decide 7 5.07%

Total:138

If I'm playing a game for the first time in my life, I play it in normal... and then Hard to unlock Very Hard and then I play on Very Hard over and over again (asuming very hard is the hardest difficulty of the game and that there's nothing harder than very hard).

So... I voted Very Hard because that's the difficulty I usually play on... and it doesn't vary from game to game :P I always play on the hardest difficulty.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Poll works fine for me.

Current results for anyone who can't see them:

What difficulty do you play on usually?
Very Easy 0 0.00%

Easy 2 4.08%

Medium 24 48.98%

Hard 13 26.53%

Very hard 8 16.33%

I let the game decide 2 4.08%

Total: 49

Usually normal...but if its a FPS I will usually start on the next difficulty up.

I let the game decide at first. It tells me that I will at least experience most of the stuff the devs wanted me to experience in their game so I don't miss a single thing.

Then, the harder difficulties are just a very nice bonus. Nowadays, with achievements and trophies it's even more worth it to play these difficulties. Sure, bragging rights are still important...!

If I just want to have fun and not worry about dying on bastard enemies, I'll just play the difficulty that still gives me all the game's features, but with dumbed down enemy health or death traps, etc.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The highest available. When I'm going for trophies I beat it on the highest available, then play on the easiest for stuff like collecting items, performing special actions, etc. Then I go to the hardest for the final trophy. 

Atleast that's how it usually works.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I need to play on harder difficulties. Otherwise the game gets to boring and will not present a challenge. Seriously I see people play Mass Effect 2 on normal and then say some stuff is hard. That makes me want to DIE with laughter.

I start off on hard and go to very hard.

easy =(

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

Medium.

I don't like to play on Easy, because there's usually no challenge in it, and little satisfaction when I beat the game, because none of it has been remotely difficult.

I don't like to play on Hard to begin with, because I like to get acquainted with the game, and enjoy the story and gameplay, on my first playthrough. If it's a good game, I'll go back and play on Hard, partly because of trophies, and partly because I can see what it's like on a higher difficulty.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

last gen I was always on easy using as many cheats as I could find. this gen people who I talk to about video games, convinced me that was a waste of a game, and I don't improve any.  so this gen I refuse to take it of the highest difficulty setting it will let me.  I am stuck on the train in killzone 2 and at the very start of gow3 and I refuse to lower the difficulty setting.  so very hard, and nothing else.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).