By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

TWRoO said:
Rainbird said:

I made a thread where I copypasted an article into the OP, and tried to do some editting. I managed to make it look fine in the RTE, despite it acting funny, but the end result is pretty fucked up.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=110851

Chrome 5.0

I have no idea if I can fix it.

Looks fine to me (or have you fixed it already?)

Odd. This is what it looks like to me:

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

In fact I'm going to stop with the list of issues since they can mostly be summerised as what took me one or two clicks before now takes twenty.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but after a couple weeks, I find the overall experience much more difficult and quite the turnoff. I used to visit this site at least once a day, but now I find myself barely being able to stomach once a week.

Do you know why data aggregators are so successful? Because they take data scattered in many different places and put them in one. The site update did exactly the opposite. What used to be on the front page has now been split into 4 separate pages.

Most of all, I miss the Hot Topics section. I hate having to go to the individual forums now. Every forum has half a page of stickies, so I have to scroll down just to see a new topic.

I know this site isn't built just to please me, but from what I've seen, this isn't an uncommon complaint. Simpler is better.

Currently playing: Civ 6

I am one of those people that like to log on to this site to have a quick look at articles, numbers and forum posts all at once, for that the old site worked a lot better, but understanding that by dividing the website becomes simpler for others my suggestion goes towards the hub page (that condenses all MY needs).

The top half: gamrFeed and gamrReview - i think works

The bottom half: VGChartz and gamrConnect - not so much. I think that 2 things have to be looked at:

1 - on VgChartz's tab the addition of the weekly hardware numbers

2 - on gamrConnect's tab the addition of color coding acording to section and more topics being displayed.

This way people that like the site for one feature can access it through the direct sites, but those that like it all like before can still have the past experience with VGC 3.0 hub

The lack of Hot Topics basically caused me to ignore the entire community aspect of the site for the last week... I'd recommend bringing it back ioi!

If you put your cursor on the forum topic you cant see what the rest of title is. This makes you have to select every single forum topic if it is too long for the sidebar. Very annoying and in general the set up of the forums was better on VG 2.0   GO BACK TO IT

Around the Network

theman88 said:

If you put your cursor on the forum topic you cant see what the rest of title is. This makes you have to select every single forum topic if it is too long for the sidebar. Very annoying and in general the set up of the forums was better on VG 2.0   GO BACK TO IT

Or turning this into a constructive suggestion:

"items such as thread titles that get ellipsized should have the whole content as a popup hint"

We aren't going back to VGC v2.0, let's help the authors make a better v3.0, instead.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

I also votef or the return of "Hot Topics", without them I am now ending up just following threads i've already posted in. I don't have time for (or interest in) scanning through the different forum sections manually.

"Recent Forum Posts" I'm guessing is supposed to serve the same purpose, but it's much more interesting to see which topics have the biggest recent activity rather than just which threads happen to have the last postings. (Some correlation there will be of course).

I don't know what to say, the new design is a mess. Seriously. They stripped away the best part of VGChartz: The integration of different parts and functionalities. Who needs "just another forum", "just another review site"? The integration of it all was the unique selling proposition of VGChartz. 

And navigation has become soo complicated, jebus. First, a hub. When I click on Gamrconnect: Still no content. I click on the pic saying "Forums", but it is unclickable. Finally I find the menu entry saying "Forums", but there's no longer an overview of all the forum action (Ok, I just found it, at the very bottom of the page... so nobody will notice what's going on in all the forums, compared to V2, when forum action was visible right on the front page).

I understand that they wanted to make VGChartz look more professional, but right now they're effectively killing the site. I stopped visiting from one day to the other, and I've been a daily visitor for 5 years. 

How do we embed Youtube videos? I can't make it work with the old method of posting the code, edit post, done.

Chrome 5.0