By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

I think I have found a bug on VGC. For games like Final Fantasy X, where the sales were not tracked fully and instead there are just regional totals, on the actual game page, it just appears as 0, despite the values appearing in the search list

http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=759

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=final fantasy x

Another few VGC questions:

1. Could the totals for the regions be put at the top, because it is very inconvenient having to scroll down through several hundred weeks of sales to find the total

2. Are the software graphs coming back?

Around the Network

Awesome the "Online" thing is back, awesome job guys!

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Lots of improvements since yesterday, nice ^^

I'm getting used to this new white background faster than I thought. I remember it took me much more time to get used to the previous black background.

Many thanks ioi for fixing my nick although it seems I can't access to my profile without adding a word between the slashes.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/7947//

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/7947/a/

The green needs to be changed to blue. The white on green is very difficult to read.

On the hub page, you have gamrFeed and gamrReview on top while VGChartz is on the bottom. Leave gamrConnect where it's at but prioritize the VGChartz link and put it on top. After all, people don't come to VGChartz for news and reviews. They come here for the sales stuff.

And on the VGChartz home page, please put back up the flash widget (whatever you want to call it) showing the grand totals of the current crop of consoles. It seems pointless not to show that.

ioi said:

Only navigating forward and back wasn't a bug or an example of something being unfinished, it was an (incorrect) design choice - big difference.

Things that have been held back to get the site launched are things like links between the game pages (VGC and gR), filter options on feeds, customisable gC homepage and so on. I don't think the exclusion of any of these things at launch was "unacceptable".

I have to say, I am absolutely loving the new site - awesome job man!

Around the Network

In the database when you want to rank games on user scores or critic scores the games that come out on top are the ones that have only been rated by one person or site, this imo makes it pretty useless. 

I'd suggest putting up a minimum number of user or critic scores to make a game count. For example metacritic doesn't rank games until 4 reviews or something have come in.

This is something that's been bugging (no pun) me before 3.0 but it seems like a good time to bring it up now.

Whenever I edit my profile it changes my build to "other" unless I tell it not to. I don't want people thinking I'm morbidly obese or something! It's easily fixed but still annoying. Am I the only one who has this problem?

I can't upload a new avatar, when I try it it doesn't appear (only my nick in green) and the "save changes" option doesn't work.

makingmusic476 said:
scottie said:

Woop woop! My recent threads once again grace the LHS of my screen - thank you for adding that in :)

Is there any way from that to tell if the thread has

No new replies

new replies

or new replies quoting one of your posts

As there was in 2.0?

Best I can tell:

grey = no new replies
green = new replies
orange = quote

However, the only thread in my recent history that showed up as orange contained a quoted post from BEFORE vgc 3.0 went live.  I have been quoted twice since then, in this very thread actually, yet both times the thread was colored green and not orange.  I assume that's something they're still working on.

Thanks guys, when I made that post all of the links were green, turns out that was because all the threads had new responses but I hadn't been quoted in any of them. Now I am seeing threads in grey when they have no new responses. Someone should quote me so I can check for the presence or absence of orange

Just found a bug.

I tried to post plus signs in a post and they didn't show up. I doubled checked by editing my post and putting them in again to no avail.

It appears that some symbols aren't showing up?