By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

its all very professional and i understand you want to grow,but it does feel a lot less like a community from the ols home page you could go and get anywhere quickly and see it all,your recent posts,different sections in topics

maybe you still can and i haven't worked it out yet,

HAVE i lost all my photos and sigs,did you guys have to redo your sigs and stuff,

THE recent posts on the left should  come back and somewhere to navigate between forum topics easily should be made,

maybe you have or will,i understand everything is new and i just haven't worked it out yet,but the old home page with a bit of everything on it and your recent posts and peoples threads in different sections really made it like you were involved and could jump in and out easily,but maybe you can

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zarx said:

I posted this in another thread but I think the site people are more likely to read it here so I will re post.

"ok first of all the only thing I didn't like about 2.0 was the fact that at the time I had a 4:3 monitor and I had to scroll to the left all  the time in the forums.

The new design on the other hand has lots of problems that I have noticed after just a few minutes using it.

1st it suffers from the same thing I hate about the google and youtube changes, white with light grey soft borders, stuff blends together and it's hard to see the difference between quotes and the replies. Combined with the floaty design it makes the site a pain to read.

2nd in long threads like this one the fact that the link to go to the next page of the thread is only at the top of the page makes it a pain to read. Seriously PUT A LINK AT THE BOTTOM when the page first loads you don't want to go to the next page of posts strait away, you do when you reach the bottom  so it makes sense to put the link at the bottom or both.

3rd the lack of a quick reply box is annoying bring it back please.

4th light green on white is a no no ether make the green darker or change it.

5th an dark design option for the people that prefer it would be nice.

fix those issues and bring back the ability to refresh the list of recent threads without refreshing the page and bring back the list of threads that you have posted in and an indication that you have been quoted in one back on the side when in the forums and I think I will like the site again."

ok second edit the forum seems buggy cut off most of my post and when I edited it doubled up my sig

This, specially the 4th point, as depending on screen settings it could become a real pain to read, and except for the 2nd one, since reaching the "Home" button ain't that much of a pain.

Also, some aspects just became less streamlined. Like the forum. Before, you could see all the recently posted threads on the entires forum and then, at a single click, without going to another page, see only those of a given sub-section and then another one and then go back, etc. It was really easy and fast and now you have to actually open each sub-section individually which takes much more effort and time. Another point is how you can't middle-mouse-button/ctrl-click some things, like the "go to gamrXXX" buttons.

Other than that, the Chartz section looks kind of "dead". I couldn't find the graph thing either but that may be my mistake.

Oh, and there's this hideous bug that deletes your reply when you try to select a part of it with the mouse.

Anyway, I appreciate the hard work involved here, don't want to sound like all I have are complaints.

darthdevidem01 said:

Wow so many imporvement made already great work!

ONLY want 2 things now:

- A page with hot topics on it, with tabs to chose a forum & then have it coem with the hot topics for that forum without loading the page, so live ( basically like what we had on the old sites front page), this could be at the top of the forums list

- Recent threads side bar with red colour when someone quotes me

Once thats done I don't want anything else

as a refference:

also noticed the video adding button isn't there.

Also anothir quick (possibly poitless) thing:

I was fun to see why people were banned, please put the reasons back

CharmedontheWB said:

Aesthetically this new design is really nice and separating VG into four entities makes logical sense, but for me it is a bit impractical.  It was a lot easier when all the information was on one website--that way I could get everything I needed in one quick glance.  I could see hardware and software numbers and see new article headlines simutaneouslyObviously I will allow myself to adjust to this new style before I can decide which I like better.

(note: bolded and italicised by me)

Regarding gamrFeed I liked the one-liners too and perhaps there should even be an even more condensed version, but I am with Charmed here.

Forum posts signatures I would welcome to be less prominent, perhaps by giving them less width than the posts or by putting them inside a non opaque div. Having less space between posts also might be nicer.

Other than these the forum post presentation is ingenious just like the gamrReview site: it's like art and it looks beautiful. Very well done! Great!

I also like the new games collection interface with all its features like rating games or noting games as completed!

My first post (after 3 years lurking as most things I would have written had been written or got written and it always was an entertaining read except for some)!

Okay, I've found a bug. I'm not sure if anyone else has spotted this, but I am able to add Super Scribblenauts to my game database, even though it hasn't been released yet, and I am also able to give it a rating. When I looked on my profile's news feed, it says that the release date of Super Scribblenauts is December 30, 1899. I don't think that's right. I think we may have a similar problem with other games that haven't been released yet, as I have the same issue with Glacier3, which hasn't been released yet as well.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Carl2291 can't post on the forums!

This new feature is great!

Edit: Aw, rats. They removed it already.

Positive:

I like the new color and look of the site ,and it opens alot faster. I also think the  way the site is separated is good as you can find what your looking for more easily. 

Negative:

I dont like the forums section(gamrconnect) at all, for a start the forum area at the bottom right of the page(know as recent threads) is rubbish, its not got categories like microsoft or Sony and theres no recent post section to tell me my recent posts. I also dont like the news section(gamrfeed) because it the news stories are too big on the first page which means it takes alot longer to see lots of news stories unlike the old site which i could just look at and what news thee was at a glance.

Overall i do like the new look the site has but i feel its been downgraded a bit by separating the site up.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Carl2291 can't post on the forums!

This new feature is great!

Edit: Aw, rats. They removed it already.

Lol.

chazy13 said:

Positive:

I like the new color and look of the site ,and it opens alot faster. I also think the  way the site is separated is good as you can find what your looking for more easily. 

Negative:

I dont like the forums section(gamrconnect) at all, for a start the forum area at the bottom right of the page(know as recent threads) is rubbish, its not got categories like microsoft or Sony and theres no recent post section to tell me my recent posts. I also dont like the news section(gamrfeed) because it the news stories are too big on the first page which means it takes alot longer to see lots of news stories unlike the old site which i could just look at and what news thee was at a glance.

Overall i do like the new look the site has but i feel its been downgraded a bit by separating the site up.

There is a recent posts and recent replies feature... which I think is a pretty good idea, but they are only on the "recent posts" link (in a list of links below your avatar on gamrConnect)

They do take up a lot of space, but if there was a list version of "recent replies" on each forum page that would solve that nicely.

When all the media are converging to a single one, vgchartz splits them all. It makes absolutely no sense for me and I think it was an awful choice.

But war... war never changes