By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prince of Persia Movie, not good weekend not good Meta

I'm shocked at the budget ($200m?) Their audience is pretty small in comparison to other films; the people who would want to see the movie initially are those who played or heard of the games. Budget should've been trimmed another $50m and things would look great right now.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Spirits Within is a very underrated movie. I honestly didn't like it when I saw it the first time. But when I watched it again years later: I LOVED it.

Spirits Within is awesome

Advent Children is my favorite videogame movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

It actually was decent and very funny at times especially around a certain bird. I've never played any of the prince of persia games, so I can't say how accurate it was to the games, but as a film it was entertaining. Nothing more nothing less.

And for the comments disparaging Robin Hood it was good(a lot better than prince of persia). Russel Crowe may not have been the right fit, but it was SOOOOO much better than its previous films. ESPECIALLY its Kevin Coster abomination. Good film I would recommend.

You can trust my opinion because I think Transformers 2 was one of the most unwatchable film of all time.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Around the Network

Robin Hood was a great movie. But the ending was ultra "MEH" and stupid.

Saw the film and I thought it was good but could have been better. The thing that ruined it for me was the guy who ran the Ostrich racing and the Sudanese knife thrower.

The ostrich guy who 'hates taxes' was more suited to a parody film like scary movie and just wrecked the atmosphere, and it would have worked so much better if he was one of the fictional bandits that he had created. The knife-thrower was handled poorly, and more imtimidating style about him would have improved it a lot for me.

Pharaoh said:
It actually was decent and very funny at times especially around a certain bird. I've never played any of the prince of persia games, so I can't say how accurate it was to the games, but as a film it was entertaining. Nothing more nothing less.

And for the comments disparaging Robin Hood it was good(a lot better than prince of persia). Russel Crowe may not have been the right fit, but it was SOOOOO much better than its previous films. ESPECIALLY its Kevin Coster abomination. Good film I would recommend.

You can trust my opinion because I think Transformers 2 was one of the most unwatchable film of all time.

Regarding Transformers 2 I agree to an extent. The story was a joke and some of the acting was under par. The action on the other hand was great and I enjoyed the movie because of that as I didn't go in expecting a great story to begin with so I guess a lot depends on expectations.

With Robin Hood the problem is that the movie tries to take itself seriously but falls short and has some simply laughable scenes.

Without spoiling anything, the final battle totally ruined the movie for me and for other people I know who have seen it.

Wagram said:
Robin Hood was a great movie. But the ending was ultra "MEH" and stupid.

I wouldn't say great, but I liked it it was a good movie over all with a few cringy moments. Underappreciated by the critics I think because of its departure from the general Robin Hood mood. I think people misread the movie if they think it takes itself too seriously. Just because it's a Robin Hood movie that's not a camp light-weight romp with a token black guy doesn't mean it's being overly pretentious.

With PoP it's downfall, despite ticking most of the block buster boxes, is the screenwriter and apparently the marketing (which might have something to do with the poor story). I mean hiring the guy who wrote Dirty Dancing 2: Havanna Nights puts you on the back foot right from the start. It's a step up from Uwe Boll in the writing department (Maybe), but it's not really hiring the sort of writing talent that can give you a storuy on which to build a reallly great action movie. His only / best action-type movie writing job was "From Dusk Till Dawn 2", which by the look of things was sent straight to DVD to die. He directed 2 good movies: "Remember the Titans" and "Fresh", so maybe they should have given him the director's chair and handed the writing job to a more accomplished writer.

So it seems the industry still hasn't put decent talent into all of the most important jobs to achieve a VG adaptation that is generally regarded as good. I've always maintaineed that if you want a decent VG adaptation you need a good quality screenplay, and that means hiring decent screen writeing talent. But the decent screen writing talent is perhaps not all that interested in doing VG adaptation screenplays.

If PoP had the sort of screen writing talent that produced the Incredible Hulk or Iron Man it might have been the real break out VG movie people were hoping for. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Branko2166 said:
Pharaoh said:

Regarding Transformers 2 I agree to an extent. The story was a joke and some of the acting was under par. The action on the other hand was great and I enjoyed the movie because of that as I didn't go in expecting a great story to begin with so I guess a lot depends on expectations.

With Robin Hood the problem is that the movie tries to take itself seriously but falls short and has some simply laughable scenes.

Without spoiling anything, the final battle totally ruined the movie for me and for other people I know who have seen it.

Why didn't you like the final battle?  SPOILER It wasn't gladiator/troy epic, but it would have been the right tactics if the battle actually took place.  Volleys of arrows to thin ranks, then calvary charge to break ranks, followed by infantry to mopup.  Once you clear the DZ the french would have no means to land without getting massacred.  Or was it just how ridley scott shot it? 

I would glady watch this Robin Hood 82 times before I watched that dreadful Kevin Coster version. Our generation's definitive Robin Hood,(besides the BBC series) is basically Robin Hood: Men in Tights.  Although a funny film, we really did need a better serious Robin Hood than Kevin Costner's.  In this regard, Ridley Scott's Robin Hood succeeds.

No one of the main reasons why Transformers 2 was unwatchable was because of the insanely annoying twins (I won't go into this, you know all about these buck toothed, pace killing, inbred swine), as well as the pot scence at college, balls on devastator, as well as everything else Michael Bay did.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made