By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Blur Commercial Mocks Mario Kart

Play Me

Around the Network

About 3 weeks late.

Pixel Art can be fun.

this is really old lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

People will blur past this game and get something else. trying to hard to be funny. lol

It could be Modnation Racers! Right?

Right!?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

good one

"Race like a big boy"

Oh god that punchline is so bad...

I LOVE ICELAND!

kinda funny

Actually I think it's mocking Modnation Racers.

These kind of commercials pander to the stereotypical self-proclaimed "hardcore gamer" that bashes the Wii because it's "kiddie". Guys who are like that are hung up on their masculinity. Mario Kart is still fun no matter what age you are. Having played the Blur beta, it's a fun game (personally I still feel the Road Rash games on the Sega Genesis are much better arcade racers than Blur though) but I see this attack as a low blow.

The Genesis Does What Nintendon't campaign was brilliant. That campaign gave Tom Kalinske (who later took over) the springboard to kick Sega into high gear in the west. They soon took over the NES (which was very popular obviously) in the west. Then when the SNES entered the scene, the Genesis was still able to hold on to their lead for awhile in North America and they managed to hold on to their lead in Europe. Sega was a firm #2 in North America and a firm #1 in Europe. It wasn't until the jealous Japanese executives at Sega fucked everything up (Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, ousting Sega of American mastermind Tom Kalinske, etc.) that Sega blew it. Attacking Nintendo didn't kill Sega. Internal politicking by the jealous Japanese executives of Sega, envious of the success of their gaijin branch company (Sega of America), killed Sega.

But now the "Nintendo is kiddie" angle is getting old (20 years old!), it needs to stop. Blur isn't even going to have a great debut (it's gonna be overshadowed by UFC Undsputed 2010, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and possibly Red Dead Redemption too) and then after that it's going to quickly drop off the charts like any other front-loaded core game. Meanwhile, Mario Kart Wii still manage to chart.