By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which ignored IP would you rather see brought back?

Which ignored IP would you rather see brought back?

Kirby 27 22.88%

Donkey Kong 30 25.42%

StarFox 38 32.20%

Pikmin 23 19.49%

Total:118

I have heard many people complaining that these four franchises haven't been utalized this generation. Pikmin is a newer franchise brought in during the GameCube generation. However Donkey Kong, Star Fox and Kirby have been neglected this generation as well. So I wondered which franchise do people want the most.

If you could have one of these franchises brought to the Wii which one would it be? Why do you want this franchise over the others?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I wouldn't call Pikmin "neglected" so much as "overdue" as we have confirmation that Pkimin 3 is in the works.

Out of those I'd say Donkey Kong; DK Country 4 with Crysis-level pre-rendered graphics would be SWEEEEET. ;) Don't know about a 3D one though, I didn't like DK64.

Starfox is a franchise I've lost faith in; the original is still one of favourite games ever, but it seems nobody has been able to make one nearly as good since, and the last 3 in particular have been just awful.

If anything I'd want a new F-Zero; GX is still the best racing game ever made in my opinion.

Star Fox and Kirby have had new games this generation. They are just on the DS. I'd swear there was a new DK game as well, but I could just be confusing it with the GC port they did.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Donkey Kong was my childhood. No more King of Swing/Jungle Climber style games either. DKC4 for Wiiware would be really cool, or perhaps a 3D adventure for Wii or 3DS.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

star fox

Around the Network

Star Fox, but to be honest I'd love to see a new game in any of the franchises mentioned.

easily Starfox and f-Zero.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Donkey Kong! They need to make one immediately. I'd buy a Wii for a true DK game (although I'll buy it anyway for the new Zelda).

Hard choice between Kirby and Star Fox. I chose Kirby, because I prefer the IP, but I think they could do more with a Star Fox on the Wii.

Paper Mario, or 2D Metroid (and not like Fusion).

Super Paper Mario is not a real Paper Mario game.