By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 boxart change is bothering me! :(

LBP is the only one I have so far with a different boxart. They were changed to match the new ps3 format, so I'm sure GT PSP has a different look as well.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:

I feel your pain, I really don't want Microsoft to redesign the boxart of 360 games when natal comes out (there was a rumour)

If you take pride in your collection and put them on a shelf visable, then yeah it would suck.

Some people are gonna call you crazy, but they obviously don't take pride in appearence like we do ^^

360 BOXART would not be changed

PS3 boxart was only changed cause SONY wanted to change the PS3 brand image,they said themselves it.They wanted to change the PS3 look from a fat expensive machine to a slimmer inexpensive and elite machine

OP,it does bother me too.I have many of the older PS3 games with old boxarts but what else can we do

Some people don't care about it but some perfectionists do and want all things in order and suiting with each other like we do

It's no secret Microsoft have said they want to treat this like the launch of a new console, if a slim is true, then a new box art isn't out of the question. Especially given the rumours I mentioned...

MS could change it but it won't make much of an impact

the only reason SONY changed it cause the FAT PS3 and its haevy price had changed the PS brand's image in people's minds.Alot of people would have bought PS3 if it were cheap and more marketed so PS brand image was damaged and they wanted to restore it

the XBOX brand image is not lower than it was before so it wouldn't matter.A few would but not alot.

another thing if they surprise us with a new console

just seperate the games from each other ^^ put the old box ones smwhere and the others smwhere else be creative :P

I like the new one better

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:

I feel your pain, I really don't want Microsoft to redesign the boxart of 360 games when natal comes out (there was a rumour)

If you take pride in your collection and put them on a shelf visable, then yeah it would suck.

Some people are gonna call you crazy, but they obviously don't take pride in appearence like we do ^^

PS3 boxart was only changed cause SONY wanted to change the PS3 brand image,they said themselves it.They wanted to change the PS3 look from a fat expensive machine to a slimmer inexpensive and elite machine

OP,it does bother me too.I have many of the older PS3 games with old boxarts but what else can we do

Some people don't care about it but some perfectionists do and want all things in order and suiting with each other like we do

It's no secret Microsoft have said they want to treat this like the launch of a new console, if a slim is true, then a new box art isn't out of the question. Especially given the rumours I mentioned...

MS could change it but it won't make much of an impact

the only reason SONY changed it cause the FAT PS3 and its haevy price had changed the PS brand's image in people's minds.Alot of people would have bought PS3 if it were cheap and more marketed so PS brand image was damaged and they wanted to restore it

the XBOX brand image is not lower than it was before so it wouldn't matter.A few would but not alot.

another thing if they surprise us with a new console

Dude, I'm not talking about the impact it will have, just that it might happen.

Around the Network

The new boxart does look MUCH better. But I guess we just have to live with most of our games having those ugly Spider-Man things.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, man. I wish they went for the current design right from the start, the absolute majority of my games use the old style and the few new ones that I have REALLY stick out.

most my games have playstation written vertically.
now the newer games have it horizontally but i dont really mind.
what i do mind are the ugly platinum covers.....i have no idea what they were thinking when they designed them.

I own 29 PS3 games and 15 of them are of the older boxart and 14 of them of the new and yeah I agree that it is a bit annoying. I do have 2 racks that they take up and I try to balance them out by putting one type of boxart on the top and the other on the bottom but when you're trying to keep games like Uncharted and Uncharted 2 together.. it throws it off quite a bit.

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:

Xbox360 Slim.....Like This????  Or Maybe slimmer??I hope not.....