By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 boxart change is bothering me! :(

Warning: this may be a silly argument/thread for some people (with bad english, sorry!).

Ok with that out of the way, thanks to some of you guys' opinions I got myself a PS3 Slim with Final Fantasy XIII and other games a few weeks ago. And I am pretty happy about it, no complains, to the contrary I am very surprised for the better with what the PS3 does. Thanks you all for the info.

Now, all my current games (only 4) use the new PS3 boxart, with "PS3" logo on the horizontal bar. The old design has the "PLAYSTATION3" logo vertically on the left, with the Spider Man font I really despise... I'm glad Sony changed it, but now if I get one of the older games I'll be stuck with the older boxart design and collection will not look uniform (examples of games I'd like to get: Tekken 6, Soul Calibur IV, Demons' Souls, Valkyria Chronicles...).

What I'd like to ask is, anyone was a bit upset with this too? Maybe someone knows of a coverart site that converts the old PS3 boxes to new style so we could print them out? I google'd some but didn't find (bad english).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Around the Network

I feel your pain, I really don't want Microsoft to redesign the boxart of 360 games when natal comes out (there was a rumour)

If you take pride in your collection and put them on a shelf visable, then yeah it would suck.

Some people are gonna call you crazy, but they obviously don't take pride in appearence like we do ^^

Personally, I dont care about it. But, honestly, I understand why it may bother others.

I love building up my library but I personally don't care of the boxart design change because it looks much better than previous version.

dunno of any site...sry. but maybe you can play around with photoshop and do it yourself, shouldn't be too hard.

anyway i actually prefer the original spider-man PLAYSTATION instead of the new PS3 font, and while i agree it sucks that the collection looks diff, it doesn't bother me all that much.

anyway, worse comes to worse you're gonna hafta make due. Afterall, it's the original one that you don't like. Either your whole collection would be of a boxart you despise (had sony not changed it) or you'd have to deal with the change. pick your poison lol

Around the Network
Seece said:

I feel your pain, I really don't want Microsoft to redesign the boxart of 360 games when natal comes out (there was a rumour)

If you take pride in your collection and put them on a shelf visable, then yeah it would suck.

Some people are gonna call you crazy, but they obviously don't take pride in appearence like we do ^^

360 BOXART would not be changed

PS3 boxart was only changed cause SONY wanted to change the PS3 brand image,they said themselves it.They wanted to change the PS3 look from a fat expensive machine to a slimmer inexpensive and elite machine

OP,it does bother me too.I have many of the older PS3 games with old boxarts but what else can we do

Some people don't care about it but some perfectionists do and want all things in order and suiting with each other like we do

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:

360 BOXART would not be changed

PS3 boxart was only changed cause SONY wanted to change the PS3 brand image,they said themselves it.They wanted to change the PS3 look from a fat expensive machine to a slimmer inexpensive and elite machine

OP,it does bother me too.I have many of the older PS3 games with old boxarts but what else can we do

Some people don't care about it but some perfectionists do and want all things in order and suiting with each other like we do

It's no secret Microsoft have said they want to treat this like the launch of a new console, if a slim is true, then a new box art isn't out of the question. Especially given the rumours I mentioned...

yeah they look so fake in my collection...

Why not just make your own spline inserts? I use to do it to make the greatest hits versions and normal versions to make it more uniformed, but I got lazy and stopped doing it.

I go to ps3 themes.com on my ps3 and i got a nice death note and sergant frog theme... they work well.

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi