Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 boxart change is bothering me! :(

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:

I feel your pain, I really don't want Microsoft to redesign the boxart of 360 games when natal comes out (there was a rumour)

If you take pride in your collection and put them on a shelf visable, then yeah it would suck.

Some people are gonna call you crazy, but they obviously don't take pride in appearence like we do ^^

360 BOXART would not be changed

PS3 boxart was only changed cause SONY wanted to change the PS3 brand image,they said themselves it.They wanted to change the PS3 look from a fat expensive machine to a slimmer inexpensive and elite machine

OP,it does bother me too.I have many of the older PS3 games with old boxarts but what else can we do

Some people don't care about it but some perfectionists do and want all things in order and suiting with each other like we do

It's no secret Microsoft have said they want to treat this like the launch of a new console, if a slim is true, then a new box art isn't out of the question. Especially given the rumours I mentioned...

Xbox360 Slim.....Like This????  Or Maybe slimmer??I hope not.....

Around the Network

Yeah the older boxart looked better imo, but the new one really suits some games, like FF13 and Demons Souls (EU version).

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Seece said:

I feel your pain, I really don't want Microsoft to redesign the boxart of 360 games when natal comes out (there was a rumour)

If you take pride in your collection and put them on a shelf visable, then yeah it would suck.

Some people are gonna call you crazy, but they obviously don't take pride in appearence like we do ^^

360 BOXART would not be changed

PS3 boxart was only changed cause SONY wanted to change the PS3 brand image,they said themselves it.They wanted to change the PS3 look from a fat expensive machine to a slimmer inexpensive and elite machine

OP,it does bother me too.I have many of the older PS3 games with old boxarts but what else can we do

Some people don't care about it but some perfectionists do and want all things in order and suiting with each other like we do

It's no secret Microsoft have said they want to treat this like the launch of a new console, if a slim is true, then a new box art isn't out of the question. Especially given the rumours I mentioned...

MS could change it but it won't make much of an impact

the only reason SONY changed it cause the FAT PS3 and its haevy price had changed the PS brand's image in people's minds.Alot of people would have bought PS3 if it were cheap and more marketed so PS brand image was damaged and they wanted to restore it

the XBOX brand image is not lower than it was before so it wouldn't matter.A few would but not alot.

another thing if they surprise us with a new console

Dude, I'm not talking about the impact it will have, just that it might happen.

I know but why would MS change them,just for fun?

they wouldn't wanna cause disharmony to 360 owners and the fact that it won't do much for 360 itself so there is nothing to change for

it might be rumored but many other things are too,i'm just trying to say what most likely will happen,anything could happen otherwise though

I don't care about the boxart,I just care about the game. I know I'm just going to trade in all my games eventually.

fps_d0minat0r said:
most my games have playstation written vertically.
now the newer games have it horizontally but i dont really mind.
what i do mind are the ugly platinum covers.....i have no idea what they were thinking when they designed them.

"Hmm, how do we stop people from waiting until the game is discounted to buy it?"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gamrReview - Arthur Kabrick | My All-Time Top 50 | 2013 Metascores

Around the Network
Kantor said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
most my games have playstation written vertically.
now the newer games have it horizontally but i dont really mind.
what i do mind are the ugly platinum covers.....i have no idea what they were thinking when they designed them.

"Hmm, how do we stop people from waiting until the game is discounted to buy it?"

LOL awesome.. I was just thinking that. I often tread the thin line btwn the date the game is cheap and when the new boxes come out lol

I really wish you there was a way to buy new inserts cheap from Sony from the old games,, (hopefully double-sided) that were made with the new branding. I know they had some kind of thing with alternate Heavyrain covers you could get sent.  I would rather have all the old ones use new branding, though i guess making the new labels would be lots of work, since the back would have to be adjusted too.

By the way, today I saw a Bayonetta cover in a store and surprisingly it had the "PS3" logo boxart. The VGChartz site has the cover with the "PLAYSTATION3" vertically, I wonder if they're making two version of boxes for the same games (new shipments, etc).

I like the change, the old boxart was crappy. The less text on my cover the better.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad