By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Reasons Why Super Mario Galaxy 2 Doesn't Deserve 10s

10 doesn't mean perfect. It means absolutly must play. no game reviewer worth his salt would say any game is perfect.

Around the Network
Myak-04 said:
d21lewis said:
If I weren't on my Wii right now, I'd post the scene from "Unforgiven".........

-Gene Hackman: I don't deserve this."

-Clint Eastwood: "Deserve? Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

*Kills Gene Hackman*

Gee, great, >_> thanks...... I was JUST about to watch Unforgiven. 

You, sir, are unforgiven.......

........  Okay, I kid. (lol, so lame) 

I was going to say, you gotta be kidding me, I finished wating Unforgiven for the first timer like an hour before I read that...

Anyway, haters gonna hate. No matter how amazing a game is, there will always be people who nitpick and troll it, plus this is Nintendo we're talking about, the wannabe "hardcore" gamer's favourite punching bag, so add a zero onto the end of the troll count.

It makes insecure people feel "cool" and "rebel" to hate on something popularly beloved.

d21lewis said:
If I weren't on my Wii right now, I'd post the scene from "Unforgiven".........

-Gene Hackman: I don't deserve this."

-Clint Eastwood: "Deserve? Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

*Kills Gene Hackman*

hahaha epic!

g-value said:

Why Super Mario Galaxy 2 doesn't deserve 10's

Well, if either you or the writer were a bit more informated, both would know that Galaxy 2 was exactly the same game from the original, with a few stars added, at first. You just can't believe SMG2 is getting better reviews than your precious GTA IV, so you come here "showing" why your game is worth more points.

Do us a favor: go play your favourite game that we'll go play ours.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

I'm not gonna bother reading it until I know if they said the same about GTA4.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Agreed

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Unforgiven is like 20 years old! I thought it was spoiler-free territory!!

NYANKS said:
Metallicube said:
DixieKong said:
You know, it's funny. People always make fun of the Wii and say it doesn't have any highly rated games, and then whenever it does get high rated games, they say it doesn't deserve it. It's ridiculous.

Yep, you nailed it.. Wii can never do anything right in the eyes of some people.

My take on the backlash on Galaxy 2's great scores by some people is that they have this precieved notion that Wii is supposed to be the console with inferior games to the precious HD consoles. It's one of the few things they have left to diss the Wii on, now that it's proven to have the most hardware sales, most software sales, most and best exclusives, best price, motion controls, which the competitors are now immitating, even the best 3rd party sales. The apparent lack of AAA core games is one of the last bastions they have to hold against the Wii, and now that something is occuring to disrupt that preconcieved notion, they don't know how to handle it, so they lash out.

This obviously doesn't fit the mold for everyone, as some people just simply don't agree with the reviews, which is understandable. But this is the only way I can see to explain the irrational HATRED and anger for the reviews coming from some people.

Best exclusives? No.  That has not been remotely proven.  The console has the weakest lineup of good games of almost any winning console if anything.  And it would be nice to see megatons aisde from the usual suspects once in a while.  It guarantees Ninty will always have good games on their consoles and it's why most people on this site have a Wii, but new great ip's would be great every now and then.  And for alot of us, the Wii series doesn't cut it. 

And just because it has the lowest price doesn't mean it has the highest value.  Why would anyone aspire to make higher tech machinery if that was the case?  Once the PS3 gets move the only thing the platform will lack is Ninty's experitse in software. 

Don't you find it silly to pretty much say "Your opinion is not fact!"  only to reply as if YOUR opinion was fact?

Ghstlyflme said:
umm... I thought that The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time was THE BEST game according to metacritic with a score of 99.

only because it has low number of reviews. Uncharted 2 could have stayed on 98 or at least 97 if Metacritic didnt add insane number of reviews to it. OVER 100 REVIEWS and over 1000 user scores and still AAA.

I believe being a direct sequel, it would have some content from the original..............The game is 90% new in every aspect. By the way, no game can never be perfect, not even this one. All because it received 10s doesn't mean it's perfect, I don't believe any reviewer ever said the game was perfect, or a 10 equals perfection. It just means it's a really outstanding game. They are basically telling you, "buy this game, it's really good". IMO, those reasons are weak. The weakest no doubt is the toad one...............really? The new interface is much more intuitive than the hub world, great improvement. I'm sure a lot more would agree than disagree with that.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"