By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Reasons Why Super Mario Galaxy 2 Doesn't Deserve 10s

mushroomboy5 said:

Hehe...not only did they cut and paste from galaxy 1 but they also lifted an entire level from Mario 64 and thought we'd be too stoopid to notice!!!! Lazy nintendo hacks!!!!!!

That level was the throwback level. God fanboys are the worst

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Around the Network

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Gamerankings says you are wrong. SMG 2 is the third highest ranking game of all time, behind SMG(2) and OoT(1)

Nintendogamer said:
I saw no article like this when GTAIV got all the perfect 10's.

lol?

silicon said:

People like the same thing over and over again. People hate change.

A lot less people like change. If you're a developer that wants to cater to the mass audience are you going to make a game that a small group will like or that the mass will like?

The game is targeted at a younger audience. There are older gamers who play Mario games as well and it has a loyal fan base. Mario brand has its own unique platform style. Making the game similar to previous games keeps the fans happy = lots of sales. Good sales is all about keeping the loyal customers happy. It is much easier to sell to an existing customer than it is to sell to a new customer

FlyingLotus said:
mushroomboy5 said:

Hehe...not only did they cut and paste from galaxy 1 but they also lifted an entire level from Mario 64 and thought we'd be too stoopid to notice!!!! Lazy nintendo hacks!!!!!!

That level was the throwback level. God fanboys are the worst

Pretty sure he was kidding.

Around the Network

I havent bought anything from Nintendo exactly for this very reason in ages!!!

I remember buying Zelda:OOT and Majoras Mask, and as I played this so called "sequal", I was thinking...Boy this game sure looks familiar...than I realized that the characters where just copy and pasted from the last game :-|

Unfortunately Nintendo is Lazy...But who can blame them, people gobble up there stuff anyways, So why change

I don't say SMG2 doesn't deserve good scores, but, up to now, I haven't seen anything which makes it better than the first game, unlike what the media said.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity