By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Reasons Why Super Mario Galaxy 2 Doesn't Deserve 10s

ph4nt said:
Nintendogamer said:
I saw no article like this when GTAIV got all the perfect 10's.

Becauuse GTA 4 wasn't made by NIntendo.

actualy they ara a few.  just search old threads.

omgz biaz!.

Around the Network

why galaxy 2 SHOULDN't get 10's?

Well for one it could easily get 11+'s it's that good

makingmusic476 said:

I wouldn't give it a ten, if only because I think SM64 and SMS are better. :P

I'd give it around a 9.5, and I do like it better than SMG1.

uh, what!!!?!?!? I played SM64 to death and I still think SMG2 is better lol, the spinning is a much happier move than punch kicks =P. Granted that SM64 was the game that started the real 3D platforming movement, SMG2 just set a new bar imo. Sunshine is alright, not really my thing with them water jets but, it's alright.

dahuman said:
makingmusic476 said:

uh, what!!!?!?!? I played SM64 to death and I still think SMG2 is better lol, the spinning is a much happier move than punch kicks =P. Granted that SM64 was the game that started the real 3D platforming movement, SMG2 just set a new bar imo. Sunshine is alright, not really my thing with them water jets but, it's alright.

Read this thread to have a better understanding of why I feel that way.  ^_^

makingmusic476 said:
dahuman said:
makingmusic476 said:

Read this thread to have a better understanding of why I feel that way.  ^_^

but SM64's openess is only an illusion lol. I played it back in high school and the game play hasn't shifted much until galaxy which blew my mind and SMG2 went beyond that, I hope they don't make SMG3 because I seriosuly think SMG2 is at it's best right now, I could be wrong, maybe they can make it even better, but I don't want another Ratchet and Clank x 10.

Around the Network

I do not doubt your opinion pizzahut.  I haven't played Uncharted 2 fully as I have yet to obtain a PS3.  I was just pointing out an inaccuracy with the article, irregardless of the number of reviews.  Please also note that the time inbetween these games is quite alot and that there are also many more reviewers out there today than in the mid 90's.

Looking @ this makes me feel old...PROUD owner of NES, SNES, GENESIS, TurboGrafx 16 (PCE), N64, PSOne, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox360, and PC.

mysticwolf said:
What this guy is doing is making a huge deal out of things that aren't very important. For example, he complains that the map for selecting levels is not exciting. First of all, WHO CARES? The map is not the important part of the game, the GAMEPLAY is the important part. If the map was the exact same as it was in SMG 1, I'm sure he would've said "Oh my gosh, the map is the exact same as it was in the first game, why can't they change it? I don't want to choose my levels the same way I did in Galaxy 1, I want some thing new!!"

Not enough exciting? mmm? the map?

I found the map more than exciting, I found it incredible with such beautiful backgrounds! Actually, all SMG2's maps make me want to travel in space. It shows you the greatness and deepness of Universe...

d21lewis said:
Wagram says he beat the game. I believe him. And to prove it, he's going to add somebody from VGChartz to his Wii friend's list and then he's going to send him the pic that he gets for beating the game!! Go ahead, Wagram!!!! Show those non-believers who's boss!!

You guys are going to have so much egg on your faces.......

First off. I want to apologize for maybe taking this a bit too far. I am sorry for that and I could have handled the situation better. But just to prove that I wasn't just a raging idiot and that I actually did play and beat both games. I have screenies! I took these after I got home that night. :D Except for 1 which was taken for a friend about 2 days earlier.

They are a tad large, but w\e. :D

EDIT: Had to delete one image.

Wagram said:
d21lewis said:
Wagram says he beat the game. I believe him. And to prove it, he's going to add somebody from VGChartz to his Wii friend's list and then he's going to send him the pic that he gets for beating the game!! Go ahead, Wagram!!!! Show those non-believers who's boss!!

First off. I want to apologize for maybe taking this a bit too far. I am sorry for that and I could have handled the situation better. But just to prove that I wasn't just a raging idiot and that I actually did play and beat both games. I have screenies! I took these after I got home that night. :D Except for 1 which was taken for a friend about 2 days earlier.

They are a tad large, but we. :D

SDTV FTL!

dahuman said:
Wagram said:
d21lewis said:

They are a tad large, but we. :D

SDTV FTL!

Was playing on my Plasma. But it looked mega ultra ugly, so I put it back on the SDTV. Looked like HD compared to what I was playin it on. Lol.