By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran is a man of peace.

Samus Aran said:
NKAJ said:
@Samus Aran
I dont see how making the west look bad makes the president of Iran a peaceful president.Yes the west has problems ,but it certainly doesnt make us as bad as a megolamaniac who has visions of armageddon.

What big religion doesn't have visions of armageddon? That's more then 3 billion people that believe in that "crap".  

And does the USA have any proof Iran is making nuclear weapons? Nope, just like they attacked Iraq because they had proof of nuclear weapons in Iraq, but they found nothing. 

Saddam said he had nuclear weapons to try and seem strong to Ahmadinejad.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Samus Aran said:
NKAJ said:
@Samus Aran
I dont see how making the west look bad makes the president of Iran a peaceful president.Yes the west has problems ,but it certainly doesnt make us as bad as a megolamaniac who has visions of armageddon.

What big religion doesn't have visions of armageddon? That's more then 3 billion people that believe in that "crap".  

And does the USA have any proof Iran is making nuclear weapons? Nope, just like they attacked Iraq because they had proof of nuclear weapons in Iraq, but they found nothing. 

Saddam said he had nuclear weapons to try and seem strong to Ahmadinejad.

Since when is the USA so gullible? I didn't mind the Iraq invasion(even though nothing improved really, just the death of a dictator who had it coming), but it was for bullshit -official- reasons.

North Korea has nuclear weapons as well yet they don't invade that. Probably because North Korea has no economical value to the USA. The invasion of Kuwait probably left a bad after taste for the Americans. Can't blame them really, but at least have the guts to admit it. 

Samus Aran said:
NKAJ said:
@Samus Aran

Quite frankly if being religous means dreaming of armageddon then im so glad i quit.But seriously though,this means a)religion is either one of the worst things ever to exist on this world or b)that the president of iran goes way beyond what his religion says and indeed is a megolamaniac.Either way,he clearly is NOT a peaceful man.

Yes having nucleuar weapons isnt the only thing that worries america.Even if he doesnt,he has expressed his wish to wipe isreal of the face of the earth and start another holocuast,i wont even go into all the other crap he said.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Samus Aran said:
NKAJ said:
@Samus Aran

You're right all religions have hopes of armaggeddon and many wish for that day to come, thats why humanity needs to move past religion.

But what yous aid about WMDs is wrong.  What America went on before was based on faulty intelligence reports but mostly the fact that Saddam claimed he them.  Now instead we have information from defected scientists, of whom there are an increasing number because of the tyranny of the current regime who have given us specific documents detailing that Iran has been procuring Uranium Deuteride (UD3) which has only one scientific purpose, as a Neutron Initiator, or basically the trigger device of a nuclear weapon.  So yes the USA does have proof, it has the most definitive proof possible.

Samus Aran said:
highwaystar101 said:

This has gotten derailed fast. Let's go back to my original point. President Ahmadinejad would only want peace if his opposition are either eradicated or converted. I think our method of keeping peace is somewhat better. This is the central point to my original argument, and I think I have a valid point there.

I'll only comment on the on topic part seeing as you want to keep this on topic(and you pretty much agreed with what I said actually, you just have a different vision on how things need to be done)

--

Now what you just said about Ahmadinejad actually reminds me of Israel. Yet most of the Western countries support them.

And yes you have a valid point. But just because the current method of keeping peace is better then in the past doesn't mean it can't be improved upon.  

that's because Israel is an ally of the USA, you forget how bad thing's are only bad in this world when they are done by the enemies of the USA, otherwise anything is fair game.

Around the Network

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

NKAJ said:
Samus Aran said:
NKAJ said:
@Samus Aran

Quite frankly if being religous means dreaming of armageddon then im so glad i quit.But seriously though,this means a)religion is either one of the worst things ever to exist on this world or b)that the president of iran goes way beyond what his religion says and indeed is a megolamaniac.Either way,he clearly is NOT a peaceful man.

Yes having nucleuar weapons isnt the only thing that worries america.Even if he doesnt,he has expressed his wish to wipe isreal of the face of the earth and start another holocuast,i wont even go into all the other crap he said.

Well, he's right when he says that the "Jews" don't have any right to have an own state, but now that they have it's impossible to take it away from them(without doing something horrible). International organisations will need to find a solution so Palestine can co-exist next to Israel. Negotiating with Israel is next to impossible however when a certain political party is in power...  

Oh well, Israel is the fault of the UK anyway. 

Religion isn't the worst thing to exist on this world though because it made it possible for people to be brought together in bigger structures like empires. I am however very anti-clerical.

I think the problem with Ahmadinejad, and many other religious people, is that they take their religion to literally. It's not that he goes beyond his religion, he's actually following it. It's just that he takes the Quran way too serious.   

For those decrying the West and globalization...

The real reason Africa is poor is because of Africans. Look at Rhoedsia. It used to supply most of the food for the entire continent before Mugabe and ZANU-PF started killing white farmers. Now the country imports crops.

Here is another article about why some places in Africa aren't improving:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/opinion/23kristof.html

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

The real reason Africa is poor is because of Africans. Look at Rhoedsia. It used to supply most of the food for the entire continent before Mugabe and ZANU-PF started killing white farmers. Now the country imports crops.

So you actually Think Africa got poor in 1980? Wow. Good luck explaining why Africa is poor by only looking at Africa. That will work![sarcasm]

Big reasons as to why Africa is poor is because of imperialism in Africa by European powers, too quick independence for Some African countries(Rwanda, Burundi, Congo, etc), the USA that supported many African dictators during the cold war, some countries in Africa that got torn in a cold war conflict, cheap import of Western goods, destruction of the local communities, neocolonialism by China in Africa, etc

You do know Mugabe rose to power with support of the West right?

Neo-colonialism and imperialism have been the driving forces behind Africa’s relations with the West since independence. It is in this light that the West has offered support to African leaders who have shown willingness to defend western interests. Mohammed Farrrah Aidid, Jonas Savimbi and Mobutu Sese Seko ruled thanks to American support. France helped to create Jean Bedel Bokassa and Amadou Ahidjo. Britain created Idi Amin.

At a later stage when the West had little value for these leaders, they were completely abandoned and left to face the wrath of the people they had robbed while in the service of the West. In cases where some of these leaders went wild as in the cases of Amin and Aidid, the western powers descended on them with military force.

Mugabe belongs to this group of African leaders who once enjoyed the support of the West. When he preached reconciliation and encouraged white commercial farmers to carry on with agriculture he was considered by the West as a great asset and exemplary leader.

When the Zimbabwean leader went wild by seizing land from whites, western countries especially Britain and America because of their interests in Zimbabwe took immediate steps to end his rule. They assisted in the creation of an opposition party - Movement for Democratic Change (MDC), to make this transition look very constitutional.

Samus Aran said:
mrstickball said:

So you actually Think Africa got poor in 1980? Wow. Good luck explaining why Africa is poor by only looking at Africa. That will work![sarcasm]

Yes, I think Africa is poorer now than they were. African GDP has dropped about 30% since the 70's. You can look at pictures from Africa circa 1970 and today and see how much worse it is in most places.

We should of either stayed entirely out of Africa, or at least had the balls to keep them colonized until they were educated enough to survive on their own. We did neither.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.