Socialists oppose wars, we do not want to die in wars which profit the ruling capital class. Ruling capital class started wars in the Middle East to fight against socialist freedom fighters. Wars are started solely for profiting the ruling elite and lives are sacrificed for profits.
Iranian President is a man of peace. He does not want war but he fears that the US will invade his sovereign nation of Iran. Sharia law has worked effectively in Iran. Why is everyone against Sharia law?
"Socialists oppose wars" as a broad statement is incorrect. Many socialists believe that the whole world needs to be united under one world government (trotskyism) and thus would require global revolution by violent overthrow, which is the same as war. But you are right, they oppose wars that would only profit the ruling class. Stating that wars are only started for profiting the elite is untrue also, Bin Laden attacked the U.S. before we ever went to Afghanistan, you can call him a terrorist but it's all the same really. He had an ideaology (which is based in islamic socialism) which made him plan a military attack on a nation.
About Sharia law though, why is everyone against it? Well it infringes upon human and civil rights. Under sharia law a man can beat his wife merely if they fear highhandedness in the woman. This means basically anything can be turned into an excuse to physically abuse your spouse, and it's not only legal, it's your responsibility to do so.
It commands that theives have their hands cut off. Doesn't matter what their economic situation is, it's either steal and lose your hands or keep them and starve. Simply put this is an excessive and cruel punishment which will affect the poor the most and in such a debilitating way that they could never recover.
It commands that homosexuals be executed.
It commands that extramarrital sex be punished by whipping and fornication with stoning to death. This means you must marry to have sex, and if you make a mistake and marry someone you don't love, well you get to die.
It commands death for anyone who criticizes sharia law, the quran, or mohammad. So you would be obligated to kill me as I'm already pointing out how horrid sharia law is.
The punishment for apostasy is death, this means that if you ever leave the muslim faith, you must be killed.
It also commands aggressive use of jihad for unjust reasons, the rules of jihad:
(1) Women and children are enslaved. They can either be sold, or the Muslims may 'marry' the women, since their marriages are automatically annulled upon their capture.
(2) Jihadists may have sex with slave women. Ali, Muhammad's cousin and son—in—law, did this.
(3) Women and children must not be killed during war, unless this happens in a nighttime raid when visibility was low.
(4) Old men and monks could be killed.
(5) A captured enemy of war could be killed, enslaved, ransomed for money or an exchange, freely released, or beaten. One time Muhammad even tortured a citizen of the city of Khaybar in order to extract information about where the wealth of the city was hidden.
(6) Enemy men who converted could keep their property and small children. This law is so excessive that it amounts to forced conversion. Only the strongest of the strong could resist this coercion and remain a non—Muslim.
(7) Civilian property may be confiscated.
(8) Civilian homes may be destroyed.
(9) Civilian fruit trees may be destroyed.
(10) Pagan Arabs had to convert or die. This does not allow for the freedom of religion or conscience.
(11) People of the Book (Jews and Christians) had three options (Sura 9:29): fight and die; convert and pay a forced 'charity' or zakat tax; or keep their Biblical faith and pay a jizya or poll tax