Forums - General Discussion - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran is a man of peace.

mrstickball said:
Samus Aran said:
mrstickball said:

For those decrying the West and globalization...

The real reason Africa is poor is because of Africans. Look at Rhoedsia. It used to supply most of the food for the entire continent before Mugabe and ZANU-PF started killing white farmers. Now the country imports crops.

Here is another article about why some places in Africa aren't improving:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/opinion/23kristof.html

 

 

So you actually Think Africa got poor in 1980? Wow. Good luck explaining why Africa is poor by only looking at Africa. That will work![sarcasm]

Yes, I think Africa is poorer now than they were. African GDP has dropped about 30% since the 70's. You can look at pictures from Africa circa 1970 and today and see how much worse it is in most places.

We should of either stayed entirely out of Africa, or at least had the balls to keep them colonized until they were educated enough to survive on their own. We did neither.

You're actually agreeing with me here you know. 

And my question was not "do you you really think Africa is poorer now". The globalization we know today started in 1970. I could explain why, but it's boring world history that I had to learn for my exam.  



Around the Network

It's ironic he got banned for trolling the Mac.

Well... not ironic... but funny none the less.



SamuelRSmith said:
Slimebeast said:
Samus Aran said:
Slimebeast said:
Samus Aran said:
highwaystar101 said:
He is a peaceful man.

It's just that the kind of peace he wants will only come about by threatening the rest of the world to conform on pain of death... Kinda defeats the object.

Cause the Western peace is so much better right? You know except for the fact we're destroying our world and the south is paying for all the ecological and social costs while the north is leeching from their back.

With north I mean Europa/USA and with south I mean mostly Africa, but south america and parts of Asia as well.

Because of our global economical system 9 million people die of starvation each year in AFRICA alone. It's destroying the local agriculture which is/was the primary source of survival for many people in the world. A lot of people will die for our global economical system. A lot.

You shouldn't listen to so much socialist propaganda.

It's not socialist propaganda, it's the hard cold truth. I my self vote for N-VA(Nieuw-Vlaamse Alliantie), which is a right wing party. So, I'm not a socialist, far from it actually. I actually don't give a shit about the environment and couldn't care less if 9 million people died because of starvation each year. I just don't deny the fundamental problems of our globalist economical system. And do I want our system to change? Yes, but only because our economy would grow as well if the south wasn't so extremely poor.

You should stop being a negationist if you think it's just socialist propaganda. Or perhaps you just don't have a clue about globalization and it's impact on the world.

I am probably even more conservative and right wing than you but I don't believe in the myths from the globalization-critics (that come from some elements in the extreme right, not just from commies).

Actually you could argue that it's the protectionism measures and subsidies to EU farmers, which is the opposite to globalization, that makes it hard for the Africans to export their crops at a fair price.

And I happen to care about people who die from starvation, but it simply isn't the West's fault that the South is poor.

Just to aid your point, the UN estimates that if the USA and EU were to end their protectionism of agriculture it could lift up to between 200 and 300 million people out of poverty within a very short period of time. The cost to us? Pissing off a few French farmers. We'd also benefit from more efficient crop production, thus reducing prices and increasing quality, as well as having to pay less taxes to the EU to fund the CAP program.

But, those French farmers hold a lot of power, and, as such, half of the EU's budget goes towards protecting them. >.>

Yeah, both countries really should get rid of farm subsidies.  I mean, they're mostly a myth anyway... in the US anyhow.  It's not like there are many "Mom and Pop" argiculture buisnesses around.



Samus Aran said:
NKAJ said:
Samus Aran said:
NKAJ said:
@Samus Aran
I dont see how making the west look bad makes the president of Iran a peaceful president.Yes the west has problems ,but it certainly doesnt make us as bad as a megolamaniac who has visions of armageddon.

What big religion doesn't have visions of armageddon? That's more then 3 billion people that believe in that "crap".  

And does the USA have any proof Iran is making nuclear weapons? Nope, just like they attacked Iraq because they had proof of nuclear weapons in Iraq, but they found nothing. 


Quite frankly if being religous means dreaming of armageddon then im so glad i quit.But seriously though,this means a)religion is either one of the worst things ever to exist on this world or b)that the president of iran goes way beyond what his religion says and indeed is a megolamaniac.Either way,he clearly is NOT a peaceful man.

Yes having nucleuar weapons isnt the only thing that worries america.Even if he doesnt,he has expressed his wish to wipe isreal of the face of the earth and start another holocuast,i wont even go into all the other crap he said.

Well, he's right when he says that the "Jews" don't have any right to have an own state, but now that they have it's impossible to take it away from them(without doing something horrible). International organisations will need to find a solution so Palestine can co-exist next to Israel. Negotiating with Israel is next to impossible however when a certain political party is in power...  

Oh well, Israel is the fault of the UK anyway. 

Religion isn't the worst thing to exist on this world though because it made it possible for people to be brought together in bigger structures like empires. I am however very anti-clerical.

I think the problem with Ahmadinejad, and many other religious people, is that they take their religion to literally. It's not that he goes beyond his religion, he's actually following it. It's just that he takes the Quran way too serious.   

Yeah even if you think that its wrong for Isreal to exist,you dont go round saying you gonna wipe it off the maps.Quite frankly it sounds like your making escuses for him.Unlike the west who actually try to achieve things through diplomacy,Ahmadinejad wants to go straight to the killing.

@bolded part. Yeah thats the thing,if you actually take these holy books seriously and to the letter, then you turn out to be a homicidal nutcase.When people are moderate (muslims,christians etc..) that means that they dont take everything that is supposed to come from god literally then your a "normal " person like the rest of us.

But anyway,the point of this thread is that Ahmadinejad is a peacefull man,he is not.Even if the west was as evil as you clearly think it is,that doesnt make him any better.



"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

 


I never said he was better, you just don't need to demonize everyone that's against you. I thought we were past that after the world wars and the cold war.

Bush his axis of evil pops to mind lol.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

I never said he was better, you just don't need to demonize everyone that's against you. I thought we were past that after the world wars and the cold war.

Bush his axis of evil pops to mind lol.

Admadinejad doesn't need us to demonize him, he's doing it good enough for himself.  Rigging elections (+10 million votes missing), Creating nuclear weapons (evidence previously provided), holding weekly death chants calling for Death to America and Death to the English, using police to open fire on anyone who peacefully protests his government.

 

And here's a fun quote “As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,” coming from a man who is attempting to (or already has) create nuclear weapons, this doesn't sound like playful banter to me.

 

This man is a tyrant and there is no reason to defend him.  We're not making him look anyworse than how much he himself is doing.



Armads said:
Samus Aran said:

I never said he was better, you just don't need to demonize everyone that's against you. I thought we were past that after the world wars and the cold war.

Bush his axis of evil pops to mind lol.

Admadinejad doesn't need us to demonize him, he's doing it good enough for himself.  Rigging elections (+10 million votes missing), Creating nuclear weapons (evidence previously provided), holding weekly death chants calling for Death to America and Death to the English, using police to open fire on anyone who peacefully protests his government.

 

And here's a fun quote “As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,” coming from a man who is attempting to (or already has) create nuclear weapons, this doesn't sound like playful banter to me.

 

This man is a tyrant and there is no reason to defend him.  We're not making him look anyworse than how much he himself is doing.

American evidence is no evidence at all. There's simply no real proof Iran has nuclear weapons. It would be Iraq all over again. Killing a tyrant, but the people will still live in the same horrible conditions. 

USA shouldn't mind someone rigging elections, after all, you guys are/were the supporters of dictators all across the globe.

Your description of Ahmadinejad sounds awfully familiar to China. Why don't you stand up against them? Why do you defend it?

Ahmadinejad a smart enough guy to know he's done for if he'd ever launch nuclear weapons on Israel anyway.

There's no reason to defend Ahmadinejad, just like there's no reason to support the ridiculous wars of the USA. 



Samus Aran said:
Armads said:
Samus Aran said:

I never said he was better, you just don't need to demonize everyone that's against you. I thought we were past that after the world wars and the cold war.

Bush his axis of evil pops to mind lol.

Admadinejad doesn't need us to demonize him, he's doing it good enough for himself.  Rigging elections (+10 million votes missing), Creating nuclear weapons (evidence previously provided), holding weekly death chants calling for Death to America and Death to the English, using police to open fire on anyone who peacefully protests his government.

 

And here's a fun quote “As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,” coming from a man who is attempting to (or already has) create nuclear weapons, this doesn't sound like playful banter to me.

 

This man is a tyrant and there is no reason to defend him.  We're not making him look anyworse than how much he himself is doing.

American evidence is no evidence at all. There's simply no real proof Iran has nuclear weapons. It would be Iraq all over again. Killing a tyrant, but the people will still live in the same horrible conditions. 

USA shouldn't mind someone rigging elections, after all, you guys are/were the supporters of dictators all across the globe.

Your description of Ahmadinejad sounds awfully familiar to China. Why don't you stand up against them? Why do you defend it?

Ahmadinejad a smart enough guy to know he's done for if he'd ever launch nuclear weapons on Israel anyway.

There's no reason to defend Ahmadinejad, just like there's no reason to support the ridiculous wars of the USA. 

Do you hate the U.S.? Ahmadinejad is a tyrant plain and simple. I think he has nuclear weapons,but proving it is easier said than done. What do you mean the ridiculous wars of the USA? I agree that we did'nt have any business evading Iraq. So I'm going to have to agree to disagree on the other stuff.



oldschoolfool said:
Samus Aran said:
Armads said:
Samus Aran said:

I never said he was better, you just don't need to demonize everyone that's against you. I thought we were past that after the world wars and the cold war.

Bush his axis of evil pops to mind lol.

Admadinejad doesn't need us to demonize him, he's doing it good enough for himself.  Rigging elections (+10 million votes missing), Creating nuclear weapons (evidence previously provided), holding weekly death chants calling for Death to America and Death to the English, using police to open fire on anyone who peacefully protests his government.

 

And here's a fun quote “As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,” coming from a man who is attempting to (or already has) create nuclear weapons, this doesn't sound like playful banter to me.

 

This man is a tyrant and there is no reason to defend him.  We're not making him look anyworse than how much he himself is doing.

American evidence is no evidence at all. There's simply no real proof Iran has nuclear weapons. It would be Iraq all over again. Killing a tyrant, but the people will still live in the same horrible conditions. 

USA shouldn't mind someone rigging elections, after all, you guys are/were the supporters of dictators all across the globe.

Your description of Ahmadinejad sounds awfully familiar to China. Why don't you stand up against them? Why do you defend it?

Ahmadinejad a smart enough guy to know he's done for if he'd ever launch nuclear weapons on Israel anyway.

There's no reason to defend Ahmadinejad, just like there's no reason to support the ridiculous wars of the USA. 

Do you hate the U.S.? Ahmadinejad is a tyrant plain and simple. I think he has nuclear weapons,but proving it is easier said than done. What do you mean the ridiculous wars of the USA? I agree that we did'nt have any business evading Iraq. So I'm going to have to agree to disagree on the other stuff.

I don't hate the US, I just hate the hypocrisy.

It's plain and simple why the US invaded Iraq. If Iran didn't have oil US probably wouldn't even have cared for it. 



Samus Aran said:
oldschoolfool said:
Samus Aran said:
Armads said:
Samus Aran said:

I never said he was better, you just don't need to demonize everyone that's against you. I thought we were past that after the world wars and the cold war.

Bush his axis of evil pops to mind lol.

Admadinejad doesn't need us to demonize him, he's doing it good enough for himself.  Rigging elections (+10 million votes missing), Creating nuclear weapons (evidence previously provided), holding weekly death chants calling for Death to America and Death to the English, using police to open fire on anyone who peacefully protests his government.

 

And here's a fun quote “As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,” coming from a man who is attempting to (or already has) create nuclear weapons, this doesn't sound like playful banter to me.

 

This man is a tyrant and there is no reason to defend him.  We're not making him look anyworse than how much he himself is doing.

American evidence is no evidence at all. There's simply no real proof Iran has nuclear weapons. It would be Iraq all over again. Killing a tyrant, but the people will still live in the same horrible conditions. 

USA shouldn't mind someone rigging elections, after all, you guys are/were the supporters of dictators all across the globe.

Your description of Ahmadinejad sounds awfully familiar to China. Why don't you stand up against them? Why do you defend it?

Ahmadinejad a smart enough guy to know he's done for if he'd ever launch nuclear weapons on Israel anyway.

There's no reason to defend Ahmadinejad, just like there's no reason to support the ridiculous wars of the USA. 

Do you hate the U.S.? Ahmadinejad is a tyrant plain and simple. I think he has nuclear weapons,but proving it is easier said than done. What do you mean the ridiculous wars of the USA? I agree that we did'nt have any business evading Iraq. So I'm going to have to agree to disagree on the other stuff.

I don't hate the US, I just hate the hypocrisy.

It's plain and simple why the US invaded Iraq. If Iran didn't have oil US probably wouldn't even have cared for it. 

So you think the US invaded Iraq for oil?

If so, can you show me how much oil the US is getting from Iraq since the invasion?



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.