By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will we see more full 1080p native games in ps3 future?

Will we see more full 1080p native games in ps3 future?

Yes 80 33.90%

No 38 16.10%

If developers pull their socks up 34 14.41%

Ps3 can't handle it 57 24.15%

Ps3 can handle it. 12 5.08%

If more spu power is used. 14 5.93%

Total:235

No. Not with developers pushing games to have more detail and effects. The only way this will happen is if developers release a game with reduced effects and detail, which will look worse than if the game was at 720P.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
gamerstation151 said:
phxprovost said:
gamerstation151 said:
I think the rsx graphics card can handle it since. Blu ray space means no compressed files. So graphics card wont have to decompress them. Cpu does some graphics work. Leaving the graphics card less things to do.

way to not understand anything at all.....

Well it's true... You obviously don't understand it.

Gamer, seriously go learn something about GPUs. There is a lot more to them then just uncompressing data, like pipelines.

Long story short, the PS3 isn't ready to do games like Uncharted 2 in 1080p.

Well sorry im not an uber computer geek i'm trying my best >.>

Predictions: Gran turismo 5 will outsell halo reach. Call of duty black ops will also outsell halo reach. Medal of honor will surpass any fps in 2010. Killzone 3 will sell much more due to ads and control upgrades to please cod fanboys. Ps3 bundle to be announced with 11n wifi card and bundled wii i mean playstation move.

I certainly hope not, i don't want image detail to go down so the game displays in a higher resolution witch i don't even use.... We will have to wait for the next gen to get Full HD as a standard.

Hell NO, The PS3 still has plenty left, we are seeing games still look better and better, The reason we don't see tons of games at Native 1080p is because it cost a lot more money, and native 720 p looks great, I have developers in family, I get all the scoop, but 360 hardware is out dated, all games look the same since gears 2 , the PS3 is getting there but theres some more there to play with, and the biggest reason is because, with PS3 games like U2 did not even use the RSX for graphics, they were able to code it for the cell to process, which is ossum, 360 can't do that, then they can still use RSX for other smaller tasks for graphics , while the cell is churning in data, 8 processors on the cell alone, makes for ways to split up the direction, as long as the developer can sink all the data together is what sets the PS3 apart, and the 360 graphically can't hang, but sinking all that also costs more money , and takes longer, but you get a better game, Also the PS3 has a better sound processor, for game sound, I am running 7.1 at m y house, and the surround sound from my PS3 , kills the sound from my 360. But we will see some more great games from Sonys first party developers that will raise the stakes again and again.

dirkd2323 said:
Hell NO, The PS3 still has plenty left, we are seeing games still look better and better, The reason we don't see tons of games at Native 1080p is because it cost a lot more money, and native 720 p looks great, I have developers in family, I get all the scoop, but 360 hardware is out dated, all games look the same since gears 2 , the PS3 is getting there but theres some more there to play with, and the biggest reason is because, with PS3 games like U2 did not even use the RSX for graphics, they were able to code it for the cell to process, which is ossum, 360 can't do that, then they can still use RSX for other smaller tasks for graphics , while the cell is churning in data, 8 processors on the cell alone, makes for ways to split up the direction, as long as the developer can sink all the data together is what sets the PS3 apart, and the 360 graphically can't hang, but sinking all that also costs more money , and takes longer, but you get a better game, Also the PS3 has a better sound processor, for game sound, I am running 7.1 at m y house, and the surround sound from my PS3 , kills the sound from my 360. But we will see some more great games from Sonys first party developers that will raise the stakes again and again.

Oh so that's why we are seeing more votes for "if developers pull their socks" up than anything else lol.

Predictions: Gran turismo 5 will outsell halo reach. Call of duty black ops will also outsell halo reach. Medal of honor will surpass any fps in 2010. Killzone 3 will sell much more due to ads and control upgrades to please cod fanboys. Ps3 bundle to be announced with 11n wifi card and bundled wii i mean playstation move.

Around the Network

Does it really matter?

I personally do not care. If making the game 1920x1080p takes ANYTHING away from framrate, draw distance, etc I want nothing to do with it.

Scoobes said:
No. Not with developers pushing games to have more detail and effects. The only way this will happen is if developers release a game with reduced effects and detail, which will look worse than if the game was at 720P.

This.   3d is coming soon as well, which will cut down on the amount of graphical sharpness that you'd get and still have room for everything else.

dirkd2323 said:

cost is not a factor in resolution if the hardware can render in 1080p then they would do it in 1080 , truth is the consoles cant do 1080p games with high budget graphics , its just a matter of hardware not cost of developing a game. tell me why a pc can display above 1080p and run at waaay faster framerates when the pc market is not making as much money with games as the consoles?

secondly uncharted 2 very much used the gpu for its visuals but also used the cell to take some load off the main graphics chip, yes the cell has 8 processors but one is for yield and one is for the os , so that leaves 6 spu for games.

i understand you love your ps3 but you clearly dont really understand that a current gaming pc is 3 times as powerful and would be able to produce a game like god of war3 in 1200p at 100fps and it wouldnt cost the developers anymore money to make it , realistically it would cost them less money because the software would need less optimizing due to the hardware being so much more powerful and versatile

We probably will, but don't expect them to be Uncharted 2 type lookers.The type of processing power required to run a game like UC2 or GoW3 in true 1080p, at least at a playable framerate, is beyond curent console hardware.

True 1080p is to the PS3 as 3D polygons were to the SNES; yeah, it can do it, but only at a rudimentary level.Next generation will be to full HD as the N64/PS1 gen was to 3D, with consoles built from the ground up to handle it well.

For some games yes. For others no.