By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will we see more full 1080p native games in ps3 future?

Will we see more full 1080p native games in ps3 future?

Yes 80 33.90%

No 38 16.10%

If developers pull their socks up 34 14.41%

Ps3 can't handle it 57 24.15%

Ps3 can handle it. 12 5.08%

If more spu power is used. 14 5.93%

Total:235

GT5 run in 1080p so the answer is yes. I haven't read anything about GT5 not in 1080p. While GT5 will run in 1080p it will not be in 16:9 format but 5:4 like my old PC monitor. Racing games like Gt5 will clearly benefit run in 1080p since you are looking in the distance (down the road) most of the time. It's more useful to have 1080 lines vertical then to have 1920 pixels running across.

By the way I haven't seen a HD movie yet that runs in 16:9 format. Some runs in 2:1 format.

Around the Network
gamerstation151 said:
Mazty said:
gamerstation151 said:
phxprovost said:
gamerstation151 said:
I think the rsx graphics card can handle it since. Blu ray space means no compressed files. So graphics card wont have to decompress them. Cpu does some graphics work. Leaving the graphics card less things to do.

way to not understand anything at all.....

Well it's true... You obviously don't understand it.

Gamer, seriously go learn something about GPUs. There is a lot more to them then just uncompressing data, like pipelines.

Long story short, the PS3 isn't ready to do games like Uncharted 2 in 1080p.

Well sorry im not an uber computer geek i'm trying my best >.>

Trolling is your best? oh dear. Don't argue about things you don't understand. 

Mazty said:
gamerstation151 said:
Mazty said:
gamerstation151 said:
phxprovost said:
gamerstation151 said:
I think the rsx graphics card can handle it since. Blu ray space means no compressed files. So graphics card wont have to decompress them. Cpu does some graphics work. Leaving the graphics card less things to do.

way to not understand anything at all.....

Well it's true... You obviously don't understand it.

Gamer, seriously go learn something about GPUs. There is a lot more to them then just uncompressing data, like pipelines.

Long story short, the PS3 isn't ready to do games like Uncharted 2 in 1080p.

Well sorry im not an uber computer geek i'm trying my best >.>

Trolling is your best? oh dear. Don't argue about things you don't understand. 

I disagree he is a troll but probably has not done a lot of PC gaming. As PC gamers know ram is always better (faster) than any drive DVD/HDD. PS3  GPU has 256 ram which is one of the  factors of how much a GPU can do. You could run any game in 1080p but you have to sacrifice something else: framerate, shadowing, draw distance, etc.

Wipeout HD is 1080p.

i dont understand why it matters if a game runs at native 1080p. Usually people just want native 1080p so they can just have the bragging rights saying it runs at native 1080p. It doesn't actually improve the performance of the game. Many devs can't even run 60 frames at 720p so it will be a while until we see the "super amazing" native 1080p games.

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Wipeout HD is 1080p.

And?

Did you know theres more than just 1 1080p game on the ps3? Or the 360?

Oh and nice sig...says ''ALOT'' about ya.

DarkisWR said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Wipeout HD is 1080p.

And?

And?

Ohhh you got annoyed by my sign.....says "ALOT" about ya.

Only certain games.

PSN games and racing games with minimal animation, however detailed the models are, generally require fewer resources to max out texture and memory buffers. Sports games like tennis or basketball with a fixed number of characters and a small, static stadium/arena should also fall into this category.

But no Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3 at 1080p native. 256MB of VRAM simply isn't enough without significantly reducing the size and scope of levels.

1080p native is definitely preferable visually on a native 1080p display, but not worth the trade off if it means frame rates drop below 30fps on anything but slow moving games.

If it means that much to a gamer, odds are they have decent PC gaming set up already.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
DarkisWR said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Wipeout HD is 1080p.

And?

And?

No not really...just with your comment I had you already pegged...then I saw your sig and had it confirmed.

Now all we need is you running around calling yourself a gamer.

DarkisWR said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
DarkisWR said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Wipeout HD is 1080p.

And?

And?

No not really...just with your comment I had you already pegged...then I saw your sig and had it confirmed.

Now all we need is you running around calling yourself a gamer.

LOL! You judge ppl base of their signs? clearly says a lot about you.

Funny thing is theres shit load of xbox VGC members here with a far more fanboyish signs than mine but I don't see you calling them out for their signs,wonder why........(looks at your console owned tag) ohh NVM that explains it....(hey I can judge you too base of signs and tags)