By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Adventure 2 is the worst game ever created.

Worst game ever?

Come on. I actually liked that game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I loved SA2B on the GC. Definitely one of my favorite games of last gen.

Sounds to me like your problem was your expectations. You played the game expecting something out of it, which is, in my opinion, a silly way to play games. I don't think too much about what I want/hope for a game to be when I play it. It is what it is, and if I accept that before I play, I rarely feel let down.

Oh lawdy, I completely disagree with this thread. Sonic Adventure 2 is my favorite Sonic game of all time.

Not perfect, but I can't think of a platform adventure game that is.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

i liked SA2 , bite me!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I quite liked Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. The story mode was decent. I liked the fetch quests with knuckles. Tails levels bugged me, but the multi-player Sonic Vs. Shadow races were a lot of fun.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

Thoughts?

YOUR A LOSER! SCUMFACE ... NEVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SONIC ADVENTURE 2 ... it was magnificent.

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Sonic Adventure 2 was much, much, much better than Sonic Adventure 1.

Pretty much, it took the best parts out of SA 1 and upgraded them, adding new experiences to boot.

I loved the Knuckles/Rouge levels, since it was always a challenge finding the three shards of the emerald fast enough to get an A rating.

The Tails/Dr. Eggman stages were pretty good as well, the use of their homing system weapons kinda reminded me of the homing laser in Panzer Dragoon.

Sonic/Shadow levels were awesome, pretty much the best 3D Sonic Levels I've played so far. It had a good sense of speed, especially the ARK levels.

And then, there was the Biolizard ultimate showdown.... Pretty much one of the most epic confrontations in any Sonic game.

So yeah...I don't agree with you at all

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

My brother and I got a stupid amount of playtime out of that game's multiplayer. Hell, we even went so far as to raise a couple of bad-ass Chao who blazed trough everything the game threw at them - the only thing that could challenge them was each other. I remember mine looked like a dragon and his was kind of an angel dealie.

I enjoyed the Tails/Eggman stages, the Sonic stages gave a good sense of speed, and the Knuckles/Rouge stages were where I collected all the animals for my Chao so I can't complain about that.

disolitude said:

I've noticed your posts here are very erratic. rarely do you have a point of a discussion and you just post stuff for the sake of creating arguments.

In any case, Sonic Adventure 2 is not the worst game ever made.

Tails and knuckles leves are somewhat dull but even they are a solid 7/10 game for when the game actually came out (2001)

The sonic levels and amazing and fun even to this day. To me, the Final Rush level alone was more exciting than any level in a any Mario game to that date...

Also metacritic seems to have been pretty kind to the game for when it came out:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/drm/sonicadventure2?q=sonic%20adventure%202

Wow. I want that in 3d. Dolphin plays GC games right?

I never finished SA2. I want to but will wait until I get a VGA adapter for my DC.

Lord Flashheart said:
disolitude said:

I've noticed your posts here are very erratic. rarely do you have a point of a discussion and you just post stuff for the sake of creating arguments.

In any case, Sonic Adventure 2 is not the worst game ever made.

Tails and knuckles leves are somewhat dull but even they are a solid 7/10 game for when the game actually came out (2001)

The sonic levels and amazing and fun even to this day. To me, the Final Rush level alone was more exciting than any level in a any Mario game to that date...

Also metacritic seems to have been pretty kind to the game for when it came out:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/drm/sonicadventure2?q=sonic%20adventure%202

Wow. I want that in 3d. Dolphin plays GC games right?

I never finished SA2. I want to but will wait until I get a VGA adapter for my DC.

Yers, Dolphin plays this game really well for me... however if you want to play it in 3D you can do it with a Dreamcast emulator too, called NullDC.

Version 1.6 supports 3D and 360 controller and it looks incredible(1080p) :)

I didn't get that far in SA2 using that emulator but so far the game runs flawlessly in 3D or 2D. And you don't need a monster CPU/video card to run it. the only catch is that you have to burn it in to a .cdi file format. You can run it off a disk too (assuming its a burned disk) but the sound stutters.