By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Adventure 2 is the worst game ever created.

Lord Flashheart said:
dtewi said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Maybe others opinions have made him reassess his own?

Or maybe he was being a liar right from the start of the OP in an attempt to garner attention for himself, and then tried to hide the fact that the thread was actually a major failure since people actually like it, and then decided that he should stop lying and admit it wasn't bad by saying he'll replay in an attempt that he wouldn't be disliked on here?

But that's just me.

You're probably right. He is a self-confessed troll and maybe I had a rare moment of mis-placed faith in humanity and gave him benefit of doubt as to his intentions here.

Maybe hope that he had even just slightly reformed a little and didn't want to extinguish any chance that that was true

You know there's no hope for humanity!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

*sigh* So true

Vertigo-X said:
dobby985 said:

It's not the worst Sonic game but it's where things started to go wrong for Sonic.

Actually, the first one is where Sonic started to go wrong. It wasn't a horrible game, but they went down a bad path casting bad voice actors and overall making the story crazy.

Maybe I'm just way too "Classic Sonic" for my own good... o_0

I played Sonic Adventure and Sonic adventure 2 when they came out (1999 and 2001). Both gave me the exact same feeling of awe and adrenaline as the 4 genesis games. Sonic adventure 2 did it a bit less than SA1 but still, both were the Sonic I loved.

I remember playing Sonic Heroes on the xbox after it came out and saying WTF is this? Like it wasn't bad...it just wasn't memorable or exciting.

To me, that is the game where sonic became dispaosable...

I love me some Dreamcast, best console ever. But the Sonic Adventure games did suck pretty hard. SA1 was shockingly good looking on 9/9/99 but once you got over the shine it was all bad camera angles and sucky music. SA2 went more the wrong way.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

disolitude said:
Vertigo-X said:
dobby985 said:

It's not the worst Sonic game but it's where things started to go wrong for Sonic.

Actually, the first one is where Sonic started to go wrong. It wasn't a horrible game, but they went down a bad path casting bad voice actors and overall making the story crazy.

I played Sonic Adventure and Sonic adventure 2 when they came out (1999 and 2001). Both gave me the exact same feeling of awe and adrenaline as the 4 genesis games. Sonic adventure 2 did it a bit less than SA1 but still, both were the Sonic I loved.

I remember playing Sonic Heroes on the xbox after it came out and saying WTF is this? Like it wasn't bad...it just wasn't memorable or exciting.

To me, that is the game where sonic became dispaosable...

Ah, so you were only wowed by it. The thing is, though, that the Genesis games are still fun and aren't embarassing at times to  play.

Need I remind you of both the terrible voice acting and lines of dialogue in SA1?

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
Vertigo-X said:
dobby985 said:

I have the exact same opinon. SA1 was good, and so was SA2, but the games introduced many bad things into the Sonic franchise, and after those games, it reached a point where it became unforgivable.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Ok, so I just beat both Sonic Adventure games this weekend. Sonic levels on Sonic Adventure 1 and Good story on Sonic adventure 2.

I did this with the gamecube versions using Dolphin emulator since they are the latest versions of the game.

Sonic Adventure 2 >>> Sonic Adventure 1

Its not even close actually.

Sonic Adventure 2 is less buggy with better controls, better sound track, much much better camera angles, more toleant story and dialoge, and better visuals.

Overall I'd say Sonic adventure 2 is the best 3D sonic game ever made and is still quite playable and fun. SA1...not so much. If it wasn't for those Tails stages which are completely mindless and not fun, Sonic Adventure 2 would be a debatable AAA game even today.

disolitude said:
Ok, so I just beat both Sonic Adventure games this weekend. Sonic levels on Sonic Adventure 1 and Good story on Sonic adventure 2.

I did this with the gamecube versions using Dolphin emulator since they are the latest versions of the game.

Sonic Adventure 2 >>> Sonic Adventure 1

Its not even close actually.

Sonic Adventure 2 is less buggy with better controls, better sound track, much much better camera angles, more toleant story and dialoge, and better visuals.

Overall I'd say Sonic adventure 2 is the best 3D sonic game ever made and is still quite playable and fun. SA1...not so much. If it wasn't for those Tails stages which are completely mindless and not fun, Sonic Adventure 2 would be a debatable AAA game even today.

wow..how come nobody said we were having a SA runthrough? but yes SA2 is the best of the 3D. Im shocked you didnt like Hero's I loved it. Hell the only bad Sonic games was shadow ONLY because Sonic cusses in it. Rush series sucked too because it forgot Sonic was a platformer not a foot race.

Sadly I spent more time in the Chao Gardens in 1 and 2 and finding eggs then actually playing the levels.....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
Sadly I spent more time in the Chao Gardens in 1 and 2 and fidning eggs then actually playing the levels.....

no shame in that it was addicting!