By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How The Pros Mock Nintendo

You people asking me questions do realize I didn't write this, correct?  I simply thought it was an amusing read.

Around the Network
patjuan32 said:
Torillian said:
Bamboleo said:
nice to see all those competitors eating their dust. As usual.

People just love to bash Nintendo for whatever reason.

Also, isn't that game Blur a mediocre title???? I wonder if they're making fun of the best selling racing franchise ever to snag some sales to the misinformed crowd.

it has an 83 on meta, which is pretty similar to the last Mario Kart game so I doubt there is a huge difference in quality between the two.

Sorry, but review scores do not equal quality. That's for the gamer to decide.

I prefer review scores from people who have actually played the game over forum posts that say "isn't that game Blue a mediocre title????" based on absolutely no first hand experience. 

haha i loled hard at that crash commercial... fanboys took these commercials seriously back then now where just laughing it off, just like what the commercials towards Nintendo today will become in the future lol

Torillian said:
Khuutra said:

This only follows if you take meta as an absolute indicator of quality.

I can't comment on it, of course; I haven't played Blur. I think it's silly to call Blur "mediocre" without playing it.

that's the point though, if Bamboleo is never going to play both and compare for himself (which he obviously hasn't done before making this statement) he'll just have to trust other indicators which seem to show the two being similar quality.

I suppose I have to agree:

mai said:
disolitude said:
mai said:

disolitude said:

Why don't you post the contraversial print ad nintendo had in 1994 mocking 3Do and Sega CD/32X?

Or the 1993 ad making fun of the Genesis for not being able to do Mode 7 and saying nintendo has Sports games superiority

Out of curiosity could you, please, provide links?

Im looking. Seems like history deleted those. I remember 2 distinctly...They were EGM ads. 1 was making fun of Genesis for not being able to do mode 7, hence sports games look better on Snes. And the other was for donkey Kong country...making fun of Jaguar, 3Do, 32x, sega cd...naming them individually...and saying that you don't need these systems when you have the power of Snes and Donkey Kong.

Well, I can't find either. Damn history and it's double standards =)

Got one, this is it?

Yes! Thats the video ad...there is a print version too.

And I got the other :)

http://66.186.34.59/specials/adspecial4/sports.jpg

And found the final one.

http://66.186.34.59/specials/adspecial4/dkc-hype.jpg

tsk tsk Nintendo.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
patjuan32 said:
Torillian said:
Bamboleo said:

Also, isn't that game Blur a mediocre title???? I wonder if they're making fun of the best selling racing franchise ever to snag some sales to the misinformed crowd.

it has an 83 on meta, which is pretty similar to the last Mario Kart game so I doubt there is a huge difference in quality between the two.

Sorry, but review scores do not equal quality. That's for the gamer to decide.

I prefer review scores from people who have actually played the game over forum posts that say "isn't that game Blue a mediocre title????" based on absolutely no first hand experience. 

That's your prerogative. However, as I stated before, a review score does not determine the quality of a game, Gamers do.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Torillian said:
Bamboleo said:

My bad, but I mean mediocre in the sense of "yay, yet another Burnout wannabe". This Blur game will fail commercially and Activision knows that, so nothing better than mocking  a famous racing game to gather some attention.

Imagine HVS eventually making fun of Halo... It's the very same scenario.

mike_intellivision said:
You notice that it was only the leader (or recently deposed leader) who gets mocked.

There was no need to mock most of the N64 or the GC life. There was a great reason to mock the Gameboy and SNES. And there is again with the Wii.

Mike from Morgantown

Who could ever be so insane to mock the N64?

disolitude said:
mai said:
disolitude said:
mai said:

disolitude said:

Why don't you post the contraversial print ad nintendo had in 1994 mocking 3Do and Sega CD/32X?

Or the 1993 ad making fun of the Genesis for not being able to do Mode 7 and saying nintendo has Sports games superiority

Out of curiosity could you, please, provide links?

Im looking. Seems like history deleted those. I remember 2 distinctly...They were EGM ads. 1 was making fun of Genesis for not being able to do mode 7, hence sports games look better on Snes. And the other was for donkey Kong country...making fun of Jaguar, 3Do, 32x, sega cd...naming them individually...and saying that you don't need these systems when you have the power of Snes and Donkey Kong.

Well, I can't find either. Damn history and it's double standards =)

Got one, this is it?

And found the final one.

tsk tsk Nintendo.

Wow, if you look at the "The Green Flag" excerpt from the first jpg. image, the same situation is occuring with Nintendo now! LOL I don't feel like typing it all manually, but that should go in my sig lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

disolitude said:

And found the final one.

tsk tsk Nintendo.

I liked "no gimmicks" remark in the second ad =)

Well, probably the reason for Nintendo downfall at the time, it began in SNES era. They backfire at the opponents with this stupidity competitors were throwing at them for quite a while, became too focused on teenagers audience and eventually loosing at this ad war. Maybe I'm wrong but do they were more diverse with their ads in late 80s? Like "You could get old if you stop playing" Game Boy ad?