By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How The Pros Mock Nintendo

TWRoO said:
pizzahut451 said:

but your 3rd paragraph is pure bullshit.How much money you think Sony lost on PS1 and PS2? And for how long??? You said ''for years'' thats pure bullshit. PS1 and PS2 were losing money on their launch year, but they earnd all the money back and earnd millions of more dollars in the matter of months.As for the link

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/nov/14/business/fi-nintendo14

And Sorry for 2 billion software part, i must have made spelling mistake or something when i typed 2 instead of 1.5 billion software. But still, PS2 alone sold more software than N64,GC and even wii did combined. And attach rate doesnt mean anything really.

Just please explain me how can CG be more profitable than PS2 when PS2 sold 7 times GC did????? And lets say first 10 million PS2s were unprofitable. Lets say first 30 million PS2s were unprofitable. I still cant see how GC be more profitable alone.

As far as I am concerned, you are correct that the PS1 business made more than N64, and that PS2 made more than GC.... it's the only things you are right on though, and it doesn't make a difference to the original argument: Nintendo as a company would not have made more money by signing over to Sony than they have without. Even if the Nony Sintendo PS1 sold what the combined PS1 and N64 sales were.

I dont think anyone is denying that. I already said i was wrong about that part