By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How The Pros Mock Nintendo

Garnett said:
disolitude said:

Yes! Thats the video ad...there is a print version too.

And I got the other :)

http://66.186.34.59/specials/adspecial4/sports.jpg

And found the final one.

http://66.186.34.59/specials/adspecial4/dkc-hype.jpg

tsk tsk Nintendo.

"Many games from sports software leaders including EA Sports, Acclaim, Sony, Accolade, Tecmo"

Whoa!!! Sony made Games for Nintendo?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&keyword=&console=SNES&region=All&developer=&publisher=301&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

Around the Network

Sony and Nintendo were cool back then, they almost became business partners with Sony making the Nintendo CD ironically named PlayStation, except Nintendo lost faith in the idea of CD games while Sony had already made thousands of PlayStations. Sony ended up having to throw away all of them. And out of anger at Nintendo decided to create a console of their own, which as a slap in the face they kept the name PlayStation and were Nintendo's biggest rival in the Mid 90's and on. Sony gave birth to the rated T and M games that we see today. Without Sony's PlayStation, Nintendo would probably have conquered the world by now, not to say that they aren't close right now with the Wii.

I'm Bored.

TheNoobHolocaust said:

Sony and Nintendo were cool back then, they almost became business partners with Sony making the Nintendo CD ironically named PlayStation, except Nintendo lost faith in the idea of CD games while Sony had already made thousands of PlayStations. Sony ended up having to throw away all of them. And out of anger at Nintendo decided to create a console of their own, which as a slap in the face they kept the name PlayStation and were Nintendo's biggest rival in the Mid 90's and on. Sony gave birth to the rated T and M games that we see today. Without Sony's PlayStation, Nintendo would probably have conquered the world by now, not to say that they aren't close right now with the Wii.

I'm Bored.

Goodness man.  I really hope you don't believe the fellow that told you that mess of fallacies.

Nintendo tapped Sony to create the disc drive for their next console.  Things went well until the final contract was reviewed by Nintendo.  Sony had written the contract with the stipulations that they retain all branding and rights to the console basically relegating Nintendo to a 2nd party development studio.   Nintendo immediately pulled out attempted to strike a deal with Philips but that too fell through.  Because they couldn't get a disc drive manufacturer on board for their next console, they were forced to continue using catridges. 

Also, M and T rated games (and their pre-ESRB equivelants) were around prior to the release of the Playstation.  Sony had nothing to do with the origination of either that style of content or the rating board itself.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

noname2200 said:
twesterm said:
noname2200 said:

We already know you're Stephen Totilio.  I mean c'mon, what kind of alias is "Twesterm"?  It's so obviously fake!

Says the same person with the eerily similar avatar to Khuutra!

Get your facts straight Mister: I had this avatar long before Khuutra.  I'm not Khuutra; Khuutra is me!

Er..... oh s***

pizzahut451 said:

So everytime someone says sony are hypocrates, im just gonna show them the link

People accuse Sony of being a misspelled Classical Greek philosopher?

d

well, Sony worked on its montion controller all the way back in the beginning of PS2 gen, but that didnt stop people from calling Sony a misspelled Classical Greek philisopher.

And yes, Nintendo asked them to make a CD drive for SNES, but then they screwed them over and went to Philips, and for some reason they sticked to the cartidges. After they saw the success of PlayStation they made their systems disc based, even though they ripped on them in SNES era. Yup, a typicall Classical Greek philisophers

Sadly those stop being funny when you don't have superior product to back them up. And among all those cases only Sega did.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Xoj said:
Seven89 said:
pizzahut451 said:
disolitude said:
mai said:
disolitude said:
mai said:

disolitude said:

Why don't you post the contraversial print ad nintendo had in 1994 mocking 3Do and Sega CD/32X?

Or the 1993 ad making fun of the Genesis for not being able to do Mode 7 and saying nintendo has Sports games superiority

Out of curiosity could you, please, provide links?

Im looking. Seems like history deleted those. I remember 2 distinctly...They were EGM ads. 1 was making fun of Genesis for not being able to do mode 7, hence sports games look better on Snes. And the other was for donkey Kong country...making fun of Jaguar, 3Do, 32x, sega cd...naming them individually...and saying that you don't need these systems when you have the power of Snes and Donkey Kong.

Well, I can't find either. Damn history and it's double standards =)

Got one, this is it?

And found the final one.

tsk tsk Nintendo.

this is pure gold. it shows that nintendo was no diffrent than Sony back in 2006.

Nintendo before PS1 success: DISCS ARE CRAP!!!!

Nintendo after PlayStation success: making GameCube disc based system and Wii as well.

Same with motion controlls today!!!!

So everytime someone says sony are hypocrates, im just gonna show them the link

and theyll show you about a hundred sony ones. sony PR is the worst, period.

it time to read some nintendo 1992-1994 statements. they are smug too, they are companies after all.

play the games, nintendo right now just using a face to sell it's working for them.

though remenber nintendo/sony/microsoft its the idiot of top that do PR, but rather the work of thousands of workers/engineer that work for to make a successful product.

ill say it again. sony PR is worst period. i know the things all three companies have said.

pizzahut451 said:

And yes, Nintendo asked them to make a CD drive for SNES, but then they screwed them over and went to Philips, and for some reason they sticked to the cartidges. After they saw the success of PlayStation they made their systems disc based, even though they ripped on them in SNES era. Yup, a typicall Classical Greek philisophers

Wrong and I just explained all that in the post directly above yours.

TWRoO said:
Garnett said:
disolitude said:

And found the final one.

tsk tsk Nintendo.

"Many games from sports software leaders including EA Sports, Acclaim, Sony, Accolade, Tecmo"

Whoa!!! Sony made Games for Nintendo?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&keyword=&console=SNES&region=All&developer=&publisher=301&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

I knew that Sony and Nintendo were supposed to make a console but damn... I never would of expected Sony to make a game on a Nintendo Platform... Just shows how much times have changed.

Viper1 said:
TheNoobHolocaust said:

I'm Bored.

Goodness man.  I really hope you don't believe the fellow that told you that mess of fallacies.

Nintendo tapped Sony to create the disc drive for their next console.  Things went well until the final contract was reviewed by Nintendo.  Sony had written the contract with the stipulations that they retain all branding and rights to the console basically relegating Nintendo to a 2nd party development studio.   Nintendo immediately pulled out attempted to strike a deal with Philips but that too fell through.  Because they couldn't get a disc drive manufacturer on board for their next console, they were forced to continue using catridges. 

Also, M and T rated games (and their pre-ESRB equivelants) were around prior to the release of the Playstation.  Sony had nothing to do with the origination of either that style of content or the rating board itself.

So pretty much what I just said... Sony had already began production on them before the deal fell through costing Sony millions and pissing them off enough to make them join the videogame war.

I know M and T games and such were around before PlaySation but PlayStation ushered in the era of Mature games, there was an abundance of mature games on PlaySation, I'm not saying Nintendo wouldn't of eventually directed there attention to the mature audience, I'm just saying without Sony it wouldn't of happened so soon.

TheNoobHolocaust said:
Viper1 said:

So pretty much what I just said... Sony had already began production on them before the deal fell through costing Sony millions and pissing them off enough to make them join the videogame war.

I know M and T games and such were around before PlaySation but PlayStation ushered in the era of Mature games, there was an abundance of mature games on PlaySation, I'm not saying Nintendo wouldn't of eventually directed there attention to the mature audience, I'm just saying without Sony it wouldn't of happened so soon.

No, production never began.  A few prototypes were developed but that's it.  And it didn't cost Sony much of anything as Nintendo paid for it.  Sony wasn't making the disc drive as a favor.

And the push for "M" oriented games began with Sega and 3DO.  You're 15, man.  Stop reading revisionist history and listen to the people that actually lived through it.