By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why KillZone 3 Will Be Awesome

Why will it be awesome? If Rico doesn't get killed off very quickly then it will infact be very very sucky. It'll be like Vampire Rain but worser.

Tease.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Many people LOVED the game play. The weighted feel, cover system and all were good to me, just needed some fine tuning.

That said, have a read:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1092173p1.html

Let's not forget the extremely crazy and over the top online:

Invisible Snipers
Completely Changing your image to appear as enemy soldiers
Deployable land and air bots
ability to move 3x faster than every one else for like 10 seconds or so and regenerate health while doing so
Deployable spawn points
The straight up chaotic hell that game types like Search and Destroy, Assassination and Search and Retrieve can become
and depending on your configurations and how skilled the players are, a single game in Killzone2 could be 3.5 hours long. 

*sighs*.... If my copy wasn't destroyed [along with demon's souls] in my friend's house fire, I'd be playing that game right now... 

4 ≈ One

gamings_best said:
twesterm said:
Killzone 2 had a fantastic atmosphere and probably one of the best atmosphere's of any game released, but the gameplay just wasn't fun.

What's interesting is in the opening post you have a section for gameplay yet it says nothing about the gameplay. I hope it changes because the gameplay was just uninteresting, uninspired, and plain frustrating most of the time.

I expect the game to still look fantastic lets just hope they put some effort into making it fun this time.

That's not why you didn't like the gameplay.....

That's why you didn't like the gameplay

and boy do I hope they don't touch the gameplay.

No...I didn't like it because of all three of those things.  When it wasn't frustratingly bad it just wasn't interesting.

By Tretton is going to be like Last year. With 20 or 30 Killzone topics per day.....

Sounds awesome and I'm hyped for it. I hope we will see a trailer at E3.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
alfredofroylan said:
By Tretton is going to be like Last year. With 20 or 30 Killzone topics per day.....

You could avoid them altogether. Save all the complaints about them as well.

It wasn't a complain. But it'll be a good idea to make the official thread

KZ2 is one of those rare games with its own identity. You KNOW it is killzone the moment you fire your first round and i love it for what it is.

this will be goty

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
CGI-Quality said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-3-hands-on

Another preview (Eurogamer)

Some snips: "PS3D has been common knowledge for some time now, and it makes perfect sense that one of the platform's flagship series be earmarked for the technology's release. What is a surprise is how well it all actually works." "Straight away there's an immediate impact. The weighty, long-barrelled minigun has a real presence in-screen, highlighting the fact that the majority of Killzone's 3D trickery is done via the impression of depth rather than projection. Shuffling behind cover emphasises the effect superbly, each vanishing line and focal reference point making the illusion ever more real. The game's particle effects really come into their own under the influence of the active shutter glasses too. Snow seems to swirl very distinctly in front of the screen, its fluttering hypnotism starkly punctuated by the bullets which zip and zing towards you."

Eurogamer had some reservations and doubts with regard to stereoscopic 3D gaming on the PS3 (based on early quick & dirty examples of how easy this is to implement in some existing games), they are regularly quoted by naysayers for this. But not anymore it seems!

8-)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I hope it comes out after the rush of shooters that comes between september to january. I have only finite time to play after all!!!