By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why KillZone 3 Will Be Awesome

As you my know some new news has just come out about Killzone 3 which is obviously a sequel to Killzone 2, if your new to killzone or just love listening to why you should buy it then let me talk to you
before I start this I must remind you i'm not a fanboy, I only own a Nintendo Wii and its broken

1. 3D BABY!!!!

Yes yes the new information about Killzone promised 3D gameplay, as you may know we have been waiting for 3D games to kick off properly and killzone 3 could do this the right way, can you imaginee this?Just remember that you will obviously need a 3DTV and 3D glasses

2. Jet-Packs with machine guns

Killzone is really pulling out the guns, literally. "To control the jetpack, you "have to activate bursts of speed in mid-air, propelling yourself across further distances." Also The Jetpack resembles something you'd do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. Or Uncharted

3.Gameplay

Obviously the best part of any game is the story and the gameplay, Guerilla wants a deeper conflict within the game. Also the game will show that the Helghast have some humanity left in them and you should get the feeling that "of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you."Will show off the Helghast culture.
There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game. In one mission, you have to use the jetpack by "launching yourself from glacier to glacier"
More info on the story: When the Helghast lost the first Extrasolar War, they got banished from Vekta (they used to rule Vekta and Helghan) they were forced to live on the Helghan, which transformed them eventually into the Helghast. Did I mention that the Helghast are still P.I.S.S.E.D. about this?

4.Levels

#We do not know much about the levels however there will be a lot arctic levels and One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.

5. Combat

Combat is "unchanged from predecessor."
Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you "Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies."

Source

Around the Network

you better get it fixed then ;)

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

omg those screenshots, im really curious is those are actually direct feed though if they are killzone3 will take the crown once again, well realistically only pc games so far look better than killzone 2 , so i guess the crown never left on console anyway

Scale, colors, jetpacks, graphics and gameplay = HYPE THRU DA ROOF

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Killzone 2 had a fantastic atmosphere and probably one of the best atmosphere's of any game released, but the gameplay just wasn't fun.

What's interesting is in the opening post you have a section for gameplay yet it says nothing about the gameplay. I hope it changes because the gameplay was just uninteresting, uninspired, and plain frustrating most of the time.

I expect the game to still look fantastic lets just hope they put some effort into making it fun this time.

Around the Network
flowjo said:
omg those screenshots, im really curious is those are actually direct feed though if they are killzone3 will take the crown once again, well realistically only pc games so far look better than killzone 2 , so i guess the crown never left on console anyway

IGN confirmed it :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nice screens CGI.

I'm looking forward to the developer diaries for this game. I'd love to see exactly what they've done to their engine, what improvements they've made, have they got a more stable framerate? etc.

I love the look of the clothing in that first pic. The attention to detail with the creases and folds is very nice.

yea ill pass, killzone 2 was worthless in my eyes and now they are adding 3d+jetpacks+stupid melee combos+ helgast with feelings ?? Yea no thanks. All i wanted from killzone 2 was more killzone 1 which didn't happen and it looks like yet again sonys not going to provide something i want. Not hyped

phxprovost said:
yea ill pass, killzone 2 was worthless in my eyes and now they are adding 3d+jetpacks+stupid melee combos+ helgast with feelings ?? Yea no thanks. All i wanted from killzone 2 was more killzone 1 which didn't happen and it looks like yet again sonys not going to provide something i want. Not hyped

Yeah good to know

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

i'm liking what i'm seeing so far. this game has potential