By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To Wii owners: Why haven't you bought an HD console yet?

Well?

Around the Network

to be honest, the ps3 is too expensive for me right now, and I'm not interested on 360

I was going to buy it for ff13, but I felt like saving my money

if lb2 is good maybe I'll consider

Something that rhymes with, "Death to the snobcore."

Because the bunch of wii games I wanna buy = one ps3.

So then I gots no moneys. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I have all three but not even PS3 or 360 first,second or third company title comes even close to Nintendo's first.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I could only afford one console, so I had to go with the one that had the most games I liked. Now there are dozens of Wii and WiiWare games I don't have the time or money for, so I definitely don't have the time or money for a second console right now. With stuff like the XBox Live indie games and 3D Dot Game Heroes, both consoles finally have some stuff that can make me a little jealous, but not enough to make a 2nd console a tastier deal than 5-20 more games.

EDIT: I didn't even buy a console last generation, and I probably would've eventually purchased a used DreamCast or a PS2 if it wasn't for Wii Sports and the Wii remote.  That changed everything for me.

I got a Wii first as I usually get Nintendo systems first, I have a gaming PC, a full time job, a partner, other interests. As is, I barely have time to play everything that I want to play on the Wii.

If there is a game that I really have to play I have a good friend who will lend me his PS3 or 360 so I'm covered there. I haven't ruled out getting a PS3 at some time, for GT5 and the blu ray capabilities but I couldn't justify $500 at the moment for what is likely to be fairly limited play time.

XBox 360: Failure rate has been so high from the beginning that I simply refuse to support such shoddy hardware
PS3: E3 2006 pretty much sank it for me at launch (599 US Dollars!, shamelessly mimicking Nintendo with hacked-on motion control), but most recently, because Sony has shown a willingness to retroactively remove functionality at their discretion

This doesn't mean I don't have any beef with Nintendo, though, as their DRM policy preventing the transfer of DLC to other consoles (from, say, a white Wii to a black Wii) is hardly laudable.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Well I have both now (although i still regret getting a PS3 so "early" at least for $400), but reasoning for me was money and no loss of fun on the Wii. Obviously I wanted the 360 for other games but it really never felt like too much of a requirement until Burnout Paradise came out and my XBL buds stopped playing Halo 2 with me... curse you Halo 3 haha.

But I'd assume for a lot of people is money and necessity. Same reasoning I bet a lot of other "one system only" console owners use because there really isn't a need to own more than one. But I'm sure many of them, especially the gaming hobbyists wish they could have all of them.

Money and time issues. I can't even afford all the Wii games I want and I don't have time to play them either...I thought 2010 would be the year to get a second console but then I saw the Wii line-up. I also have DS so...

I still buy some games for my sister's PS3 though.