By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy 2 Ign Review

huaxiong90 said:
Metallicube said:
Mint said:
Oh wow... the comments on the review. XD
Oh man, I haven't laughed this much in weeks.

"I have been gaming for a long time since i was 5 years old and i have never and will never play a nintendo game. their games are so freakin unrealistic. 360 makes real games where if you shoot someone blood comes out just like real life. that's why games that don't have blood suck. nintendo makes me sick"

"A perfect 10!?! Are you kidding me? It's E rated!!! I am a REAL gamer and I KNOW from experience that there are no good E rated games. There isn't even any blood in it! This game SUCKS BALLS!!!"

"OMG, WTF IGN, MOAR THAN RED DEAD REDEMPTION ????? BETTER THAN UNCHARTED 2??????? NO THIS AINT POSSIBLE, IM GOING TO SELL MY WII ANYWAY"

"WOW fan boy much. I mean they barely push any polygon freaking BS I mean some of the asteroids are like less than 30 polygons. I could MAYBE stretch a 8.5 to a 9 but seriously a 10 for the same old graphics. I mean in all seriousness this game could have been done in 1999 right after Half-life 1 using the half-life 1 engine."

"This game looks bad, I also hate the Wii."

"lol I love how this game gets an easier grading curve because it's a Wii game. A 10 huh? How cute. Now have fun at the kid's table."

And thats just the last 5 pages. XD

Haha, Blows my mind how utterly stupid some people are on the internet..

Like, do these people actually walk among us in real life?

I think most of them are like 12 year olds trying to be cool. I refuse to believe any adult would be so childish and stupid. I have to retain some faith in humanity.

Yes, yes, they do.

Fortunately, they're no older than 12 years old, as you say, so perhaps there's still time for them to mature. From my personal experience, I can list the games they rant on about 24/7 as being teh hardcorez, but it could offend some people here, and it's not good to stereotype communities anyway.

Internet article comments generally reflect the lack of cognitive abilities of the great unwashed (but logged on) masses.

Sometimes, I think people write things just to write them. Trolling is such an easy task when there is no accountability.

As for the review and other SMG2 reviews, the only demerits that I have seen some places give the game have to do with the fact that it is not new like it was the first time.  Other than being a sequel, this game seems to be pretty near perfect.  I pick my copy up in less than 18 hours.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

lol, after this 10 ign community has exploded!!!

You know, I was going to post a few of the most retarded comments I've read from that comments section, but it's simply more than my mind can handle...

All I'm going to say is, look at the reader average...yeah...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

mike_intellivision said:
huaxiong90 said:
Metallicube said:
Mint said:

"I have been gaming for a long time since i was 5 years old and i have never and will never play a nintendo game. their games are so freakin unrealistic. 360 makes real games where if you shoot someone blood comes out just like real life. that's why games that don't have blood suck. nintendo makes me sick"

"A perfect 10!?! Are you kidding me? It's E rated!!! I am a REAL gamer and I KNOW from experience that there are no good E rated games. There isn't even any blood in it! This game SUCKS BALLS!!!"

"OMG, WTF IGN, MOAR THAN RED DEAD REDEMPTION ????? BETTER THAN UNCHARTED 2??????? NO THIS AINT POSSIBLE, IM GOING TO SELL MY WII ANYWAY"

"WOW fan boy much. I mean they barely push any polygon freaking BS I mean some of the asteroids are like less than 30 polygons. I could MAYBE stretch a 8.5 to a 9 but seriously a 10 for the same old graphics. I mean in all seriousness this game could have been done in 1999 right after Half-life 1 using the half-life 1 engine."

"lol I love how this game gets an easier grading curve because it's a Wii game. A 10 huh? How cute. Now have fun at the kid's table."

I think most of them are like 12 year olds trying to be cool. I refuse to believe any adult would be so childish and stupid. I have to retain some faith in humanity.

Yes, yes, they do.

Fortunately, they're no older than 12 years old, as you say, so perhaps there's still time for them to mature. From my personal experience, I can list the games they rant on about 24/7 as being teh hardcorez, but it could offend some people here, and it's not good to stereotype communities anyway.

Internet article comments generally reflect the lack of cognitive abilities of the great unwashed (but logged on) masses.

Sometimes, I think people write things just to write them. Trolling is such an easy task when there is no accountability.

As for the review and other SMG2 reviews, the only demerits that I have seen some places give the game have to do with the fact that it is not new like it was the first time.  Other than being a sequel, this game seems to be pretty near perfect.  I pick my copy up in less than 18 hours.

Mike from Morgantown

That's true.

It does leave poor impressions of the HD twin fanbases though. I guess that's the closest thing we'll get for a judgement of their character.

huaxiong90 said:
mike_intellivision said:
huaxiong90 said:
Metallicube said:
Mint said:

Yes, yes, they do.

Mike from Morgantown

That's true.

It does leave poor impressions of the HD twin fanbases though. I guess that's the closest thing we'll get for a judgement of their character.

That poor behavior is unfortunately nearly universal on the Internet. Look at any news or sports story where people can take sides and poke at their foes and it is done without mercy and usually without any thinking.

So while this instance appears to have been fueled by Wii-hatred or HD-twins-support, it is not unique.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

The scores not high enough.

Damned IGN and their anti-Nintendo bias.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
The scores not high enough.

Damned IGN and their anti-Nintendo bias.

I would love to see the meltdown if it did get a higher score than the limit.

I normally avoid meltdowns like the plague, but this is one I'd actually like to watch.

Those reader comments for IGN's review make me feel so thankful that we have such a wonderfully decent and well-behaved (for the most part) forum here... Thank god for VGC's strictness and mods.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Those reader comments for IGN's review make me feel so thankful that we have such a wonderfully decent and well-behaved (for the most part) forum here... Thank god for VGC's strictness and mods.

Amen

While this was a well written review and I'm pretty excited about the game, I'm certain this is a great game, but I must state how this just kinda proves the point about IGNs reviews.

Craig Harris also reviewed NSMB Wii, low balling the score of a game because it should have had online multiplayer cause "online is standard this day and age", frankly shoehorning in an excuse to rate it lower despite the game that was made was exceptionally solid and he had to put in online multiplayer as a standard to count off.

In turn if that is your standard then by all rights there is no way in hell SMG2 deserves a 10, Craig used to be the entirety of the handheld team, so he knows that SM64 on the DS had multiplayer, pretty fun multiplayer in fact, if you can shoehorn in online multiplayer as a reason to count off on NSMB Wii you should count off on SMG2 cause you can do fun multiplayer in 3D Mario as well.

Sorry for the bit of a rant I went on but the lack of standards is outright awful and a pain to see.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000