By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 is the greatest game ever made!!!

Muffin31190 said:

OMFG YESSSS !!!!!!!!! just look at my sig, MGS4 the Greatest Game of All Time and Yes Best Gameplay, Best Graphics, Best Charecters .... Love Drebin and Sunny LOLZ and whoever is says that MG4 has too long of cut scenes is just teasing themselves because they have never been told an experience such as this ...... <-------- Meaning that Most games do not have half of the Story that MGS tells you and its soo consistent and wraps up the Series with the best Ending of all Time.

This

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

S.T.A.G.E.

When you do this so constantly, bash the game/shit talk it/throw out insults like they're fact (no matter what the subject is regarding it), it becomes annoying.

It is your opinion that it's: "heavy in graphics and lacking in gameplay". Doesn't mean people have to like it. And you'd be the first one at the gates if anyone even thought to insult Mass Effect 2. If you didn't act so high and mighty all the time, people wouldn't question you so much.

I don't mind one questioning me. The problem is i've been judged without proper questioning. I can accept opinion, but as far as the quality of bosses are concerned and gameplay is concerned  would love for someone to show me an MGS more equipped for best titles as 1 and 3. You will witness an achievement that lacks the graphics in Peace Walker, but the gameplay will blow your mind. Yes....my friend....gameplay.

Xbbjf9s said:
Gilgamesh said:
Xbbjf9s said:
Gilgamesh said:

Wait till you get to the end

will i be pissed?

Nope, let's just say you'll shit bricks.

You'll cry, you'll get angry, excited, happy, sad, it's an emotional roller coaster ride. Best way the series could of ended.

I'm already upset that he has 3 months left, wouldn't he stop aging if they made him into a cyborg?

You'll see ;)

Xbbjf9s said:

I was wtching the Raiden and Vamp fight and I was blown away by the fight and the beautiful graphics, Meryl is hot and I drool over Naomi Hunter. I haven't finished the game but I have made it to shadow moses (loved the classic mgs1 play), the story is awsome and I felt like I was watching a movie at times. If I had Snakes suit I would cause so much trouble lol, anyway the game is badass and I feel bad for taking so long to get it. IF you don't have this game GET IT NOW, you will not be let down.

Sorry, you spelled Uncharted 2 wrong.  Uncharted 2 is not spelled "MGS4" it is spelled "Uncharted 2".  Anyhow, I am glad you are enjoying the GAME.  Anyhow, I very well see that Uncharted 2, as best game ever, is possibly going to get supplanted by LittleBigPlanet 2.

I'm not familiar with S.T.A.G.E.'s posting habit but he seems to be having the same concerns with the game that I had.

Is it so hard to believe that some people were let down by the game?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I was wtching the Raiden and Vamp fight and I was blown away by the fight and the beautiful graphics, Meryl is hot and I drool over Naomi Hunter. I haven't finished the game but I have made it to shadow moses (loved the classic mgs1 play), the story is awsome and I felt like I was watching a movie at times. If I had Snakes suit I would cause so much trouble lol, anyway the game is badass and I feel bad for taking so long to get it. IF you don't have this game GET IT NOW, you will not be let down.

Sorry, you spelled Uncharted 2 wrong.  Uncharted 2 is not spelled "MGS4" it is spelled "Uncharted 2".  Anyhow, I am glad you are enjoying the GAME.  Anyhow, I very well see that Uncharted 2, as best game ever, is possibly going to get supplanted by LittleBigPlanet 2.

I despise all things Nathan Drake after playing on crushing mode lol

darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:
darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:
To PS3 owners that do not have this game, you owe it to your PS3 to pick up this game as it was meant to be played in its PS3 glory.

As well PS3 owners, this game is currently and could be the last greatest 3rd party exclusive in history. (We'll have to wait and see about FF Versus XIII)

.....And dont be a cheap bastard its only $29.99 or less...commonnnnn =P

lmao even if Versus remained exclusive it would not be in MGS4's league, no game is in MGS4's league.

Are you saying FFXIII isnt even in MGS4's league?  Well I cant say anything about Versus XIII until I play it, but from the looks and hype around it you just know it'll be big. 

And if it stays exclusive, then it'll be in the same league as MGS4 only for being one of the biggest 3rd party exclusive this gen thats all.  But comparing the two head to head I cant say yet lol.

FFXIII isn't in MGS4's league V-r0ck....like I said in another thread FF6 is the closest I've seen a  game get to MGS4's league which = perfection. so a game not being in MGS4's league isn't really "insulting" the said game because I hold MGS4 so high!

But if Versus remains exclusive it will definetely get as much hype as MGS4 got, I know I'll end up being as hyped for it as I was for other games lol. Lets see but for Versus to be in MGS4's league it'll have to better than every FF I've played which just doesn't seem likely but anything is possible.

So if Vs XIII ends up not being exclusive, it ends up having NO chance of being in "MGS4's league"?  This is overkill in the fanboy talk.

Let me say one more thing.

Half-Life 2: Not a single cutscene in the entire game yet it tells a story twice as compelling with characters that are three times as compelling. The big difference is, the actual gameplay in Half-Life 2 is fun, while MGS4's is not.

Xbbjf9s said:
richardhutnik said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I despise all things Nathan Drake after playing on crushing mode lol

Well, eventhough I don't think MGS4 is all that (I can name multiple games on the PS3 I prefer over it, from both Uncharteds to inFAMOUS to LBP), I still like Drebin.  And this talk doesn't even get into what I like on the 360 either (like Bioshock 1).  Yes, I consider the game Miner: Dig Deep a more fun game than MGS4 was.  Again, that is my opinion, and based on my personal preferences.  And my preferences are such that sheer screaming hype about a game being all that raises the bar to such an extend it becomes impossible to meet the expectations.

Anyhow, a key here is to know that there is a wide range of game types.  I am not a fan of how MGS was set up at all, and its long cut scenes.  I personally feel it didn't do the Hollywood production feel as a game the way Uncharted did, which I find superior as a game.  This doesn't mean that there isn't a lot to like in MGS4, there is, but it isn't all that for me.  The controls on Snake felt stiff to me, for one thing, and I didn't find online play as gripping as I would of liked.  And the story seemed to be something that only worked with fans of the series.  However, it did have totally excellent cut scenes that are very enjoyable to watch.  Due to the nature of videogames though, I am hard pressed to say someone can say any game is "the bestest eva!", because people like different things.

richardhutnik said:
darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:
darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:
To PS3 owners that do not have this game, you owe it to your PS3 to pick up this game as it was meant to be played in its PS3 glory.

As well PS3 owners, this game is currently and could be the last greatest 3rd party exclusive in history. (We'll have to wait and see about FF Versus XIII)

.....And dont be a cheap bastard its only $29.99 or less...commonnnnn =P

lmao even if Versus remained exclusive it would not be in MGS4's league, no game is in MGS4's league.

Are you saying FFXIII isnt even in MGS4's league?  Well I cant say anything about Versus XIII until I play it, but from the looks and hype around it you just know it'll be big. 

And if it stays exclusive, then it'll be in the same league as MGS4 only for being one of the biggest 3rd party exclusive this gen thats all.  But comparing the two head to head I cant say yet lol.

FFXIII isn't in MGS4's league V-r0ck....like I said in another thread FF6 is the closest I've seen a  game get to MGS4's league which = perfection. so a game not being in MGS4's league isn't really "insulting" the said game because I hold MGS4 so high!

But if Versus remains exclusive it will definetely get as much hype as MGS4 got, I know I'll end up being as hyped for it as I was for other games lol. Lets see but for Versus to be in MGS4's league it'll have to better than every FF I've played which just doesn't seem likely but anything is possible.

So if Vs XIII ends up not being exclusive, it ends up having NO chance of being in "MGS4's league"?  This is overkill in the fanboy talk.

Not really because I never said that. Versus XIII can be exclusive or not but on the internet it being exclusive will help it be seen in the league of MGS4, because exclusive get more adoration & hype on the net, thats just how it is this gen. For me personally, the first multiplat FF is my 2nd favorite one so I don't have a problem if it goes multiplat, my only problem is that they lied for 4 years & we won't see what Square-Enix can do with PS3's hardware, but the gameplay & story (most important things) won't change thats why its no big deal.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey