By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 is the greatest game ever made!!!

V-r0cK said:
darthdevidem01 said:
V-r0cK said:
To PS3 owners that do not have this game, you owe it to your PS3 to pick up this game as it was meant to be played in its PS3 glory.

As well PS3 owners, this game is currently and could be the last greatest 3rd party exclusive in history. (We'll have to wait and see about FF Versus XIII)

.....And dont be a cheap bastard its only $29.99 or less...commonnnnn =P

lmao even if Versus remained exclusive it would not be in MGS4's league, no game is in MGS4's league.

Are you saying FFXIII isnt even in MGS4's league?  Well I cant say anything about Versus XIII until I play it, but from the looks and hype around it you just know it'll be big. 

And if it stays exclusive, then it'll be in the same league as MGS4 only for being one of the biggest 3rd party exclusive this gen thats all.  But comparing the two head to head I cant say yet lol.

FFXIII isn't in MGS4's league V-r0ck....like I said in another thread FF6 is the closest I've seen a  game get to MGS4's league which = perfection. so a game not being in MGS4's league isn't really "insulting" the said game because I hold MGS4 so high!

But if Versus remains exclusive it will definetely get as much hype as MGS4 got, I know I'll end up being as hyped for it as I was for other games lol. Lets see but for Versus to be in MGS4's league it'll have to better than every FF I've played which just doesn't seem likely but anything is possible.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Mirson said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I was wtching the Raiden and Vamp fight and I was blown away by the fight and the beautiful graphics, Meryl is hot and I drool over Naomi Hunter. I haven't finished the game but I have made it to shadow moses (loved the classic mgs1 play), the story is awsome and I felt like I was watching a movie at times. If I had Snakes suit I would cause so much trouble lol, anyway the game is badass and I feel bad for taking so long to get it. IF you don't have this game GET IT NOW, you will not be let down.

I accept your opinion and agree that it was a great movie to watch. I hate to break up the happy party with my input, but in my in my opinion MGS4 was a graphical achievement for its time (before Uncharted 2) and had enthralling cinematics. This is where the praise ends. It's gameplay was stagnant and was a step back gameplay-wise from MGS3. You explained one of the most disheartening things to be one of the greatest positives, in which you saw Raiden fight against Vamp. The key word is saw...MGS4 should've let you play as Raiden vs Vamp, because Snake battle with vamp sucked. Seriously, (Spoiler: All I had to do is shoot Vamp in the head once and stab him with the syringe to beat him, while I watched a cinematic of Vamp and Raiden pull off one of the greatest videogame cinematic battles ever. ) all of the bosses in that game sucked. They were nice and shiny but had the saddest gameplay one should ever have to play for an MGS title. I cannot wait for Kojimas redeeming title in Peacer Walker, because that game had more cinematics than gameplay and had holes in the storyline. I am an MGS fan and yes I was let down. I guess dropping the graphics really helped Peace Walker, because I've heard stories of people playing it for seventeen hours (and still not finished) and to tell you the  truth I think Peace Walker just might be the greatest MGS ever made. Every boss from MGS 1 and 3 could destroy the bosses in MGS4.

I wholeheartedly agree. That Raiden v Vamp fight pissed me off because it was so awesome, so awesome that I wanted to play it. But like you said, we got a crappy boss battle instead.

OT: As many of you know already, I didn't like MGS4. IMO, it's the worst in the series.

Yes you loved it & praised it at first......I remember your post praising the game, then suddenly 2 months later it was the "worst MGS eva!"

How could you change your opinion about a game so fast? I'll never understand what happened in those 2 months!

perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I was wtching the Raiden and Vamp fight and I was blown away by the fight and the beautiful graphics, Meryl is hot and I drool over Naomi Hunter. I haven't finished the game but I have made it to shadow moses (loved the classic mgs1 play), the story is awsome and I felt like I was watching a movie at times. If I had Snakes suit I would cause so much trouble lol, anyway the game is badass and I feel bad for taking so long to get it. IF you don't have this game GET IT NOW, you will not be let down.

I accept your opinion and agree that it was a great movie to watch. I hate to break up the happy party with my input, but in my in my opinion MGS4 was a graphical achievement for its time (before Uncharted 2) and had enthralling cinematics. This is where the praise ends. It's gameplay was stagnant and was a step back gameplay-wise from MGS3. You explained one of the most disheartening things to be one of the greatest positives, in which you saw Raiden fight against Vamp. The key word is saw...MGS4 should've let you play as Raiden vs Vamp, because Snake battle with vamp sucked. Seriously, (Spoiler: All I had to do is shoot Vamp in the head once and stab him with the syringe to beat him, while I watched a cinematic of Vamp and Raiden pull off one of the greatest videogame cinematic battles ever. ) all of the bosses in that game sucked. They were nice and shiny but had the saddest gameplay one should ever have to play for an MGS title. I cannot wait for Kojimas redeeming title in Peacer Walker, because that game had more cinematics than gameplay and had holes in the storyline. I am an MGS fan and yes I was let down. I guess dropping the graphics really helped Peace Walker, because I've heard stories of people playing it for seventeen hours (and still not finished) and to tell you the  truth I think Peace Walker just might be the greatest MGS ever made. Every boss from MGS 1 and 3 could destroy the bosses in MGS4.

OK you're either blatantly lying in the blacked out part, or you're just joking around.

I'm not lying. Do what I did. It's an extremely quick battle.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

OK you're either blatantly lying in the blacked out part, or you're just joking around.

I refuse to believe you have played MGS4

darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I just explained a boss battle.....and you're refusing to believe I played it?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

That could have been observed from watching footage of the game. Most of your post is redundant, explaining how things just "sucked" and how much of a "movie" the game is. It rarely goes into sepcifics, which is why he questioned you.

Thats interesting. Basically if you feel this way then there is no way he'd ever believe me besides to be right next to me while I play it. I challenge him to ask me a gameplay question about the game. I doubt that would work seeing his mental barrier against me already. You seem to have one yourself just because I critique a game you like which is heavy in graphics and lacking in gameplay.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

That could have been observed from watching footage of the game. Most of your post is redundant, explaining how things just "sucked" and how much of a "movie" the game is. It rarely goes into sepcifics, which is why he questioned you.

Thats interesting. Basically if you feel this way then there is no way he'd ever believe me besides to be right next to me while I play it. I challenge him to ask me a gameplay question about the game. I doubt that would work seeing his mental barrier against me already. You seem to have one yourself just because I critique a game you like which is heavy in graphics and lacking in gameplay.

you sir have are terribly incorrect, tell me about the PMCs.

Xbbjf9s said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

you sir have are terribly incorrect, tell me about the PMCs.

PMC's are guards. Well....military guards that is.

Wait till you get to the end

The fight between vamp and raiden is the best cutszene in a gaming-historie.
MGS4 is a awesome game and my favourit in this gen.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero