By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 is the greatest game ever made!!!

SmoothCriminal said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I was wtching the Raiden and Vamp fight and I was blown away by the fight and the beautiful graphics, Meryl is hot and I drool over Naomi Hunter. I haven't finished the game but I have made it to shadow moses (loved the classic mgs1 play), the story is awsome and I felt like I was watching a movie at times. If I had Snakes suit I would cause so much trouble lol, anyway the game is badass and I feel bad for taking so long to get it. IF you don't have this game GET IT NOW, you will not be let down.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING!!!!

If you want to watch a movie, watch a movie. The acting is bad, the script is bad, the story is bad, the gameplay is bad, and the graphics are bad.                                                                                                                                                                                      

In case you couldn't tell, I HATE MGS4. It took everything that was good about the original and threw it out the window. At least MGS2 was bearable. MGS3 was only slightly worse that MGS4.                            

Of course this is only my opinion, blah blah blah, not intending to be offensive, blah blah blah. 

Very much a good thing. When I'm watching the scenes it doesn't feel like a game, to many of these games have scenes where the is action only or very little talking. I like the fact that the game explains everything for you because it really does, I never played mgs3 but the game explained the past of Ocelot so someone like me can grasp it all that is going on. This game is a product of true hard work a dedication, I wish alot more games were made like this becuase this has been the only game this gen that has got my full attention. It's not realistic but not so off the wall where you can't see it as real.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I was wtching the Raiden and Vamp fight and I was blown away by the fight and the beautiful graphics, Meryl is hot and I drool over Naomi Hunter. I haven't finished the game but I have made it to shadow moses (loved the classic mgs1 play), the story is awsome and I felt like I was watching a movie at times. If I had Snakes suit I would cause so much trouble lol, anyway the game is badass and I feel bad for taking so long to get it. IF you don't have this game GET IT NOW, you will not be let down.

I accept your opinion and agree that it was a great movie to watch. I hate to break up the happy party with my input, but in my in my opinion MGS4 was a graphical achievement for its time (before Uncharted 2) and had enthralling cinematics. This is where the praise ends. It's gameplay was stagnant and was a step back gameplay-wise from MGS3. You explained one of the most disheartening things to be one of the greatest positives, in which you saw Raiden fight against Vamp. The key word is saw...MGS4 should've let you play as Raiden vs Vamp, because Snake battle with vamp sucked. Seriously, (Spoiler: All I had to do is shoot Vamp in the head once and stab him with the syringe to beat him, while I watched a cinematic of Vamp and Raiden pull off one of the greatest videogame cinematic battles ever. ) all of the bosses in that game sucked. They were nice and shiny but had the saddest gameplay one should ever have to play for an MGS title. I cannot wait for Kojimas redeeming title in Peacer Walker, because that game had more cinematics than gameplay and had holes in the storyline. I am an MGS fan and yes I was let down. I guess dropping the graphics really helped Peace Walker, because I've heard stories of people playing it for seventeen hours (and still not finished) and to tell you the  truth I think Peace Walker just might be the greatest MGS ever made. Every boss from MGS 1 and 3 could destroy the bosses in MGS4.

OK you're either blatantly lying in the blacked out part, or you're just joking around.

Just for the Metal Gear fans.

If you have never played a Metal Gear before it will look just like a "good game".

SmoothCriminal said:
Xbbjf9s said:

THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING!!!!

If you want to watch a movie, watch a movie. The acting is bad, the script is bad, the story is bad, the gameplay is bad, and the graphics are bad.                                                                                                                                                                                      

In case you couldn't tell, I HATE MGS4. It took everything that was good about the original and threw it out the window. At least MGS2 was bearable. MGS3 was only slightly worse that MGS4.                            

Of course this is only my opinion, blah blah blah, not intending to be offensive, blah blah blah. 

This. This. and a hundred times THIS!

I agree with everything in this post.... except for the graphics and MGS3 part.

perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I accept your opinion and agree that it was a great movie to watch. I hate to break up the happy party with my input, but in my in my opinion MGS4 was a graphical achievement for its time (before Uncharted 2) and had enthralling cinematics. This is where the praise ends. It's gameplay was stagnant and was a step back gameplay-wise from MGS3. You explained one of the most disheartening things to be one of the greatest positives, in which you saw Raiden fight against Vamp. The key word is saw...MGS4 should've let you play as Raiden vs Vamp, because Snake battle with vamp sucked. Seriously, (Spoiler: All I had to do is shoot Vamp in the head once and stab him with the syringe to beat him, while I watched a cinematic of Vamp and Raiden pull off one of the greatest videogame cinematic battles ever. ) all of the bosses in that game sucked. They were nice and shiny but had the saddest gameplay one should ever have to play for an MGS title. I cannot wait for Kojimas redeeming title in Peacer Walker, because that game had more cinematics than gameplay and had holes in the storyline. I am an MGS fan and yes I was let down. I guess dropping the graphics really helped Peace Walker, because I've heard stories of people playing it for seventeen hours (and still not finished) and to tell you the  truth I think Peace Walker just might be the greatest MGS ever made. Every boss from MGS 1 and 3 could destroy the bosses in MGS4.

OK you're either blatantly lying in the blacked out part, or you're just joking around.

I think he did that because I haven't finished the game

Around the Network

I disagree with the OP completely. I think it's one of the most overrated games ever and one for diehard fans only.

My thread about it- http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=97356 I wouldn't go that thread if your a diehard fan as it will either make your blood boil or reduce you to tears.

Definitely the best game on PS3 not sure about ever though. I really didn't like the ending. It's in my top 20 though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I wholeheartedly agree. That Raiden v Vamp fight pissed me off because it was so awesome, so awesome that I wanted to play it. But like you said, we got a crappy boss battle instead.

OT: As many of you know already, I didn't like MGS4. IMO, it's the worst in the series.

IMO, MGS 4 isn't the best game ever made, not even close. Not even the best MGS game; that is MGS3. Not even the best game on ps3, that is Uncharted 2.

As much as i love MGS series, MGS4 just disappointed the hell out of me; you can pause and buy more bullets, really?. It had great graphics though and a killer soundtrack (Father & Son, best MGS soundtrack of all time).

Definitely the best game ever made. It had everything I wanted and finished the story with a bang.