By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm calling it now... Red Dead Redemption will be Game of the Year

We all know GOTY goes to Yakuza 3!!!! lol

Around the Network

GT5? GOW3? LBP 2? untill now gow 3 is my game of the year and i dont think red dead redemption will dominate this year because of too many amazing games :)

I am enjoying RDR so far, GOTY, we will have to see,

weaponx3 said:
I'm calling it right now...people who say something will be the best thing of the year when the year isn't even half over are freaking stupid...

On that note, can I post a thread asking why some people think Red Dead Redemption is a time machine, and see who is sick of the thought that some people would think of it as a time machine?  Hey, what is better than winning an oscar or being game of the year?  The answer: a time machine.

I believe too, RDR will get most or second most GOTY's.

I agree about the 10's. It should have gotten more 10's. Like Eurogamer, how can they give GTA4 a 10 and RDR only an 8? I am so upset.

Around the Network

I don't think any game will dominate this year's GOTY like Uncharted 2 did last year. This will certainly win some, ME2 will win some, GOW3 will win some, Black Ops will win some, GT5 will win some, LBP2 will win some, and probably some other games we don't know about yet.

So far we have 4 genuine GOTY contenders based on reviews and this is one of them, so yes...I agree.

ME2
GoW 3
RDR
SMG2

And there are 7 months left !

Despite its obvious qualities, I still don't think it is going to win GotY being released so early in the year

Mass Effect 2 I still think will take it. But I gotta wait and see the holiday lineup first.

It's just that simple.

Slimebeast said:
I believe too, RDR will get most or second most GOTY's.

I agree about the 10's. It should have gotten more 10's. Like Eurogamer, how can they give GTA4 a 10 and RDR only an 8? I am so upset.

This attitude of yours is something I will never understand !

Who the hell cares about Eurogamer's review ? Its a masterpiece....