By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm calling it now... Red Dead Redemption will be Game of the Year

It'll probably win such an award at a couple of sites, but so will other games.

Without having played RDR these are favorite games for the year so far:

Mass Effect 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock 2

Around the Network

I'm gonna half to say that my bet is on the new LOTZ that will be coming out this year.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Slimebeast said:
I believe too, RDR will get most or second most GOTY's.

I agree about the 10's. It should have gotten more 10's. Like Eurogamer, how can they give GTA4 a 10 and RDR only an 8? I am so upset.

This attitude of yours is something I will never understand !

Who the hell cares about Eurogamer's review ? Its a masterpiece....

Because the review destroyed RDR's metacritic score. It would have been 96% and not 95% if Eurogamer had given a 10.

Legend11 said:

The game is a masterpiece and I'm really surprised it hasn't gotten more 10s.  This isn't meant as a slight to other games, there have been some pretty amazing ones released so far this year, but this one really brings its genre to new heights and just offers so much that it's hard to imagine it being topped anytime soon.  I used to roll my eyes at people declaring a game as Game of the Year when the year wasn't even half over but I really think this game will garner many GotY awards.

Have you played it already? Fully?

RDR has a great chance of winning GOTY from many sites/publications due to the fact that it's something that's never really been done well. I'm not going to say it will win the most GOTY's, but at this point I'd say it has the upper hand over nearly any other game.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

Goty awards are going to be all over the place this year. RDR will get some that's for sure. On this site it just can't beat a PS3 exclusive imo. GoW3 or possibly SMG2 if it reviews AAA but even the Ninty diehards can't carry the balloting here anymore. That's assuming GT5 gets pushed to 2011. From someone with a PS3 tag I would suspect you were setting up RDR to beat ME2 in RPGs so it's easier to justify giving GOTY to your GOD. But I'm an unlicenced conspiracy theorititian.

I hope they offer the option longer and more prominently this year as I have never managed to vote on goty. For me ME2 has more polish and I prefer the setting, character models, voice acting etc. but RDR is going to be a blast. Give me a month and I might change my mind.

Hope the clothing upgrades include a paper bag with eye holes. Is Marston 'happily married' to a grizzly? Yikes!

mass effect 2!... and thats only if zelda doesnt come this year...if zelda wii comes this year it will get the most by a landslide i think followed by me2

I don't even know if RDR redemption will be Rockstar's best game of 2010. LA Noire, Mafia 2, and possibly Agent are coming out this year. I wouldn't be surprised if LA Noire scores similarly or better than RDR.

RDR seems like a great game, but it is similar in many ways to GTA4.

There are way too many good games coming out in the next half of this year for all of the different consoles.

We shall see what comes out on top.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

it certainly has a chance of 360 GOTY

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
it certainly has a chance of 360 GOTY