By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm calling it now... Red Dead Redemption will be Game of the Year

Cross-X said:

perpride said:
For me the GOTY will almost certainly be FFXIII.

But RDR is looking for a contender...but when you consider:

ME2
SMG2
Zelda
Alane Wake Halo Reach
God of War 3
Possibility of GT5
Possibility of LBP2

in that order....it looks pretty tough.

Fixed :D!!!

god I hope not.

Around the Network
perpride said:
Cross-X said:

perpride said:

ME2
SMG2
Zelda
Alane Wake Halo Reach
God of War 3
Possibility of GT5
Possibility of LBP2

god I hope not.

Why not Reach? It's the next big Halo after 3.

Alan Wake is no contender at all. If that's a contender, then games like Super Street Fighter IV, Heavy Rain, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Bioshock 2, etc should all be big contenders because they're all reviewed way higher than Alan Wake.

I'm just sayin.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if I could bestow the "Game of the Month" title on this game based on what I've seen and read about it... to me it looks like Grand Theft Horsey.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

CGI-Quality said:
Cross-X said:
perpride said:
Cross-X said:

perpride said:

ME2
SMG2
Zelda
Alane Wake Halo Reach
God of War 3
Possibility of GT5
Possibility of LBP2

god I hope not.

Why not Reach? It's the next big Halo after 3.

Alan Wake is no contender at all. If that's a contender, then games like Super Street Fighter IV, Heavy Rain, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Bioshock 2, etc should all be big contenders because they're all reviewed way higher than Alan Wake.

I'm just sayin.

HEAVY RAIN might actually win a few. No, it won't be of any significant number, mainly due to the competition, but it'll probably pull out a few as it's this year's Demon's Souls for the PS3 (exclusive sleeper hit).

Yeh you just never know! Gamespot last year gave Demon's Souls GOTY so anything could happen and I don't mean to say that Heavy Rain isn't a contender but just not as strong as the other titles and Alan Wake is certainly not one of them.

Certainly is a masterpiece, but Mass Effect 2 is also incredible. The one thing that is for sure is the game of the year awards won,t be so lopsided towards one game like last years ass wooping by Unchated 2.

Oh and this game is on PS3 as very well op dude.

Around the Network

what about mario galaxy 2, zelda wii , GT5 , LBP2 and god forbid halo reach?

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

its a fantastic game so far and yes definitely one of the best of the year so far, but we are not even 6 months into the new year so there is plenty more games to show their face.

there are a few design flaws and the animations still feel a bit stiff sometimes, im not to far into the game but so far the characters have been really top notch as well as the many side missions and main plot.

no game is perfect but so far red dead is very close to exactly what the game is supposed to be, an open world western game with an insane amount of life, the world is very realized the second you step in and it very easily grabs a hold of your attention for hours.

i rarely say it but this game is almost perfectly executed and masterfully crafted, small flaws take away the perfection but honestly everyone should totally give it a try, youll love the characters right away, especially from such a raw and pleasant era.

i cant say its GOTY i have no idea but so far its up there easily and imo its way better than gta 4, some of the best stuff in the game happens on your horse and thats just one piece of the pie

i reckon it will be an excellent game, im picking it up because i like western style stuff, (here comes the "But") but i don't see it game of the year

axumblade said:
weaponx3 said:
I'm calling it right now...people who say something will be the best thing of the year when the year isn't even half over are freaking stupid...

Then you should have been here in January when people were saying the same thing about Mass Effect 2. Or March when people were saying the same thing about God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII. At least the year is ALMOST halfway over. And the reviews on this one are higher then any of those 3 games. ;)

For what it's worth, Mass Effect 2 has higher reviews than Red Dead Redemption.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I think that for me it will be between Reach and LBP2