By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm calling it now... Red Dead Redemption will be Game of the Year

Critic GoTY will be between Mario and ME2. If so I hope ME2 wins.

My GoTY so far: Final Fantasy XIII

That could change easily if XIV comes!

Around the Network

Hmm...don't know if SMG2 will get as many GOTY awards as the first.
The first was innovative in how it successfully brought intelligent gravity manipulation to a 3D platformer.
On the other hand, the second seems like it's just as good-if not better-in regard the first, but besides the new suits, new stages, and new challenges it doesn't seem like it adds much to the original formula.

STEKSTAV said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Skeeuk said:
it certainly has a chance of 360 GOTY

You never disappoint me skeeuk.....just outstanding trolling there even though if we were to stop the year right now  ME2 would be the 360's GOTY and the PS3's would be RDR......the overall would be between ME2 and SMG2

Trolling. GOW3 would be PS3s GOTY!

RDR has a higher meta compared to GOW 3

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

FranTic91 said:
Hmm...don't know if SMG2 will get as many GOTY awards as the first.
The first was innovative in how it successfully brought intelligent gravity manipulation to a 3D platformer.
On the other hand, the second seems like it's just as good-if not better-in regard the first, but besides the new suits, new stages, and new challenges it doesn't seem like it adds much to the original formula.

Well SMG2 is sitting on a metascore of 98 at present (the original ended up with 97) so I think it'll get it's fair share of GOTY awards.

gt5 will win game of the year. it will come out around the end of the year when all people are thinking about who should win and it will be there still in there memory and they would still be playing it unlike the early games of this year.

Around the Network

2007 was Galaxy vs. Portal.
2010 is Galaxy 2 vs. Portal 2 vs. StarCraft 2.
This is progress.

I lol at people that say starcraft II.. seriously? itll have trouble being the most chosen GOTY in the RTS genre alone

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.