By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do any of the Halo titles deserve critical acclaim?

ironman said:
Bladeforce said:
look mate you posted minor changes nothing ground breaking. I for one wont be answering in 20 years the game that first used the butt of your gun to kill enemies LOL I will admit for a console the halo franchise has helped microsoft spin into the minds of adolescents easier than before for their money but as groundbreaking titles, please these things have been on PC for years nothing groundbreaking about Halo

Except that it was the first successful one on a console...

*cough*Golden*cough*Eye*cough*007*cough*

Sorry, there seems to be something in my throat...

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
selnor said:

But we are doing the same thing. Controller also offers faster reactions to strafing and moving foreward and back. Do you remeber when Bungie did that Halo PC vs 360 faceoff. The top 5 spots were 360 players.

I find that hard to believe and can't find anything on Google.

Link?

Cross-X said:
The Halo Trilogy all deserve the praise and especially Halo :CE.

Halo Wars doesn't because it's a crap RTS. Consoles will never get a critically acclaimed RTS like Warcraft or Starcraft.

shhhh... no one tell him about Warcraft 2 on PS1 or Starcraft 64

Cueil said:
Cross-X said:

Halo Wars doesn't because it's a crap RTS. Consoles will never get a critically acclaimed RTS like Warcraft or Starcraft.

So, do you believe the Halo franchise deserves it critical acclaim or not?

No.

Around the Network
rastari said:
No.

Care to explain why?

CollectiveCynic said:
Cueil said:
Cross-X said:

So, do you believe the Halo franchise deserves it critical acclaim or not?

of course...

The art of laughing at yourself seems something microsoft lovers cant understand but i'm not surprised one bit

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Absolutely. All of them deserve critical acclaim.

I love Halo. Not everyone deos. Hell I am still playing the game 3 years after releases online.