By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you think Nomura feels about the recent news about FFV13?

this should suck for him.

Around the Network
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
Kennyheart said:
And am I the only one thinking that if it does go to 360 Nomura won't be working on it anymore.

yes.

he is 40... not 14.

/thread

AND Unless he wants to get his ass fired he'll work on the game.

Would he actually get fired?They still need him to make KH3.

I dunno, he probably won't but he may be "blamed" or something.

I mean 1 flop movie led to Sakaguchi being blamed for loads of things at Square, the man who MADE FF, the man who kept the company alive.

Tetsuya Nomura is nowhere near as important as Sakaguchi was, so I wouldn't put it past the company.

Was outcry over the movie that bad.You can't blame him unless he made the movie. Did  he?

No but the movie lost them LOTS LOTS LOTS of money, its seen as one of the biggest flops of all time.

They were lucky FFX launched 2 weeks after the movie, but they still ended the quarter & I think the year in a loss due to the movie. 

ANd yeah I think he made the movie.

Yeah he did make it.It's pretty sad if you think about it.

I know, 15 years of serving the company & hardwork all spoilt by that 1 movie!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Kennyheart said:

Well I think it's safe to say he's not at all happy.

When 13 was announed for the 360 He and Kitsake were againist it coming to the 360 saying it would effect the game quality.

And with this being his own game that he's benning working on for the past 5 or so years he can't be happy.I mean the man has said FFV13 is his baby before.

How do you people think he feels.

I think he feels pissed, i bet Nomura and Kitase feel a lot like Yatsumi Matsuno did when Matsuno was told he couldnt have Basch as the main character off FF12, and of course we got replacements in the form of Vaan and Penelo. Matsuno's vision for a darker, more realistic FF was butchered and i heard he had nervious break down (Ivalice was born from his imagination after all), which led to him leaving the project and Sqaure.

So i bet Kitase and Nomura are wishing they had backed Matsuno now, lol. Nomura is most likey very pissed if hes not calling the shots for his game anymore. then again my faith in Sqaure has declined rapidly recently, so i wasnt expecting a breakthrough game anyway.

@kowenicki, i agree that Normura wasnt as important as Sakaguchi, but he does carry a lot of weight with Sqaure, KH & FF7 especailly, but considering FF13 was met with lukewarm response, FFV13 makes him very important at the moment, it could be something that makes or breaks the future of the series. so it will be difficult for the series to continue with him.

darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
Kennyheart said:
And am I the only one thinking that if it does go to 360 Nomura won't be working on it anymore.

yes.

he is 40... not 14.

/thread

AND Unless he wants to get his ass fired he'll work on the game.

Would he actually get fired?They still need him to make KH3.

I dunno, he probably won't but he may be "blamed" or something.

I mean 1 flop movie led to Sakaguchi being blamed for loads of things at Square, the man who MADE FF, the man who kept the company alive.

Tetsuya Nomura is nowhere near as important as Sakaguchi was, so I wouldn't put it past the company.

Was outcry over the movie that bad.You can't blame him unless he made the movie. Did  he?

No but the movie lost them LOTS LOTS LOTS of money, its seen as one of the biggest flops of all time.

They were lucky FFX launched 2 weeks after the movie, but they still ended the quarter & I think the year in a loss due to the movie. 

ANd yeah I think he made the movie.

Yeah he did make it.It's pretty sad if you think about it.

I know, 15 years of serving the company & hardwork all spoilt by that 1 movie!!!!!

No wonder he made mistwalker.

What new news?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Like I said on the front page of this site. I will not buy another Final Fantasy game if this goes multiplatform.

I refuse. I'm looking forward to 14, but I won't buy it, if VSXIII goes to 360.

I've been wanting to see what Square could do with the PS3 hardware if they only focused on it. FFXIII was suppose to be that game, but it Square ****** that up.

Nomura won't agree to make Versus XIII multiplat. Do people realise how busy Nomura is?!! He's working on Versus XIII for PS3, working on The 3rd Birthday, working on two unannounced Kingdom Hearts Games plus working on the pre productions of Kingdom Hearts 3. And so on top of all that now he'd want to oversee a 360 version of Versus XIII? Don't think so...

Cross-X said:
Nomura won't agree to make Versus XIII multiplat. Do people realise how busy Nomura is?!! He's working on Versus XIII for PS3, working on The 3rd Birthday, working on two unannounced Kingdom Hearts Games plus working on the pre productions of Kingdom Hearts 3. And so on top of all that now he'd want to oversee a 360 version of Versus XIII? Don't think so...

A 360 version wouldn't add more to his to do list.

It would add more to his team's to do list.

On top of that. I seriously doubt his overseeing all those titles at the same time. I'm sure Square has more people handling that. He's not (or ever will be) Sakaguchi.

To me, Nomura is like Hideo Kojima. A perfectionist. He is the director and lead of FFv13. So, I think he'll be pissed off.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Tridrakious said:
Cross-X said:

A 360 version wouldn't add more to his to do list.

It would add more to his team's to do list.

On top of that. I seriously doubt his overseeing all those titles at the same time. I'm sure Square has more people handling that. He's not (or ever will be) Sakaguchi.

I'm pretty sure he's the Director of 4 of the things I mentioned. No he obviously won't be physically overseeing all the things I mentioned because I bet one fo the unannounced KH games is made by the Osaka Team and he's the creative desginer for The 3rd Birthday  but he definitely does have to oversee them all in some way or form because he's the director with the exception of THe 3rd Birthday.