By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you think Nomura feels about the recent news about FFV13?

well, it was never 100% confirmed it would go to 360....

Around the Network
The Xbox Man said:
@Kennyheart

I don't think those guys knew for sure FFXIII was going to sell well. WRPG's have take critics & gamers by storm this gen, FFXIII got 83 on metacritic & there was so much negativity after the Japanese launch. If ever this was when a Final Fantasy was going to fail. But that didn't happen, somehow the game overcame all that and has sold excellently.

In regard to FFXIII I'll take a quote from the game itself "The whole world was against us"....the whole world was against FFXIII at one point but it overcame the world & succeeded. Especially on Xbox 360.

I will definitely see FFXIII as a game that overcame all odds & negativity & succeeded.

True but here's my arguement.FF has one of the biggest if not the biggest fanbase in all of gaming history.There wasen't much this game had to overcome other than the fact that it was on 2 systems.

FF 13 overcame all odds and succeeded. Especially on the 360.Yes because it out sold the......Oh wait.

Kennyheart said:
twesterm said:

It might help if you explain what recent news you're talking about...

If it's the bit about FFvXIII being considered for the 360, wouldn't it make sense to put this in the MS forums?

No because I not talking about it being FFV13 being considered for 360 I taling about how nomura feels about this because he was againist it going to 360.

Right, this is about the 360, not PS3.

Actually, that reminds me...

Lol let me traslate what the Japanese words mean for those those who cant read it.

The big japanese words go (Obviously what Nomura is saying) -> I will protect Versus.

And Wada at the top is saying -> All Final Fantasies are going to Microsoft.

Well I can feel how Nomura is feeling...definitely sad cuz he cant max out the PS3's potential and HIS potential. I was a former producer for in-flight radio and when I get content cut, or the clients (who know nuts about music) want me to do a specific program, say, a dance program and limits it to only trashy house music i'll be pissed too. It kinda stifles the creative process.

Nomura can't max the potential of the game, and he cant max his own potential.

darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
Kennyheart said:
And am I the only one thinking that if it does go to 360 Nomura won't be working on it anymore.

yes.

he is 40... not 14.

/thread

AND Unless he wants to get his ass fired he'll work on the game.

Would he actually get fired?They still need him to make KH3.

I dunno, he probably won't but he may be "blamed" or something.

I mean 1 flop movie led to Sakaguchi being blamed for loads of things at Square, the man who MADE FF, the man who kept the company alive.

Tetsuya Nomura is nowhere near as important as Sakaguchi was, so I wouldn't put it past the company.

Was outcry over the movie that bad.You can't blame him unless he made the movie. Did  he?

Around the Network
Kennyheart said:
The Xbox Man said:
@Kennyheart

I don't think those guys knew for sure FFXIII was going to sell well. WRPG's have take critics & gamers by storm this gen, FFXIII got 83 on metacritic & there was so much negativity after the Japanese launch. If ever this was when a Final Fantasy was going to fail. But that didn't happen, somehow the game overcame all that and has sold excellently.

In regard to FFXIII I'll take a quote from the game itself "The whole world was against us"....the whole world was against FFXIII at one point but it overcame the world & succeeded. Especially on Xbox 360.

I will definitely see FFXIII as a game that overcame all odds & negativity & succeeded.

True but here's my arguement.FF has one of the biggest if not the biggest fanbase in all of gaming history.There wasen't much this game had to overcome other than the fact that it was on 2 systems.

FF 13 overcame all odds and succeeded. Especially on the 360.Yes because it out sold the......Oh wait.

The odds that were its in a market that doesn't care for JRPG's. Franchises like Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Banjo Kazooie, Sonic had fanbases just as big, but they hit a point where the market didn't feel they were relevant & sales declined extremely rapidly. I thought this was going to happen to Final Fantasy XIII since it came to a market that hadn't cared about JRPG's.

twesterm said:
Kennyheart said:
twesterm said:

It might help if you explain what recent news you're talking about...

If it's the bit about FFvXIII being considered for the 360, wouldn't it make sense to put this in the MS forums?

No because I not talking about it being FFV13 being considered for 360 I taling about how nomura feels about this because he was againist it going to 360.

Right, this is about the 360, not PS3.

Yes but at the same time it's about the ps3.

Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
Kennyheart said:
And am I the only one thinking that if it does go to 360 Nomura won't be working on it anymore.

yes.

he is 40... not 14.

/thread

I mean 1 flop movie led to Sakaguchi being blamed for loads of things at Square, the man who MADE FF, the man who kept the company alive.

Tetsuya Nomura is nowhere near as important as Sakaguchi was, so I wouldn't put it past the company.

Was outcry over the movie that bad.You can't blame him unless he made the movie. Did  he?

No but the movie lost them LOTS LOTS LOTS of money, its seen as one of the biggest flops of all time.

They were lucky FFX launched 2 weeks after the movie, but they still ended the quarter & I think the year in a loss due to the movie. 

ANd yeah I think he made the movie.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The Xbox Man said:
Kennyheart said:
The Xbox Man said:
@Kennyheart

The odds that were its in a market that doesn't care for JRPG's. Franchises like Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Banjo Kazooie, Sonic had fanbases just as big, but they hit a point where the market didn't feel they were relevant & sales declined extremely rapidly. I thought this was going to happen to Final Fantasy XIII since it came to a market that hadn't cared about JRPG's.

Most of those games you metion are bad choices.Crash was made by naughty dog and by switching devolper it wasen't going to end well for him.As for Tonb raider and Banjo the orignal people who made those games left and suffered beacuse of it more than final fantasy has.Sonic has a bunch of crappy 3D games.People do care about JRpg's but only KH,Pokemon,FF, and dragon quest here in the west.

darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kennyheart said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
Kennyheart said:

yes.

he is 40... not 14.

/thread

No but the movie lost them LOTS LOTS LOTS of money, its seen as one of the biggest flops of all time.

They were lucky FFX launched 2 weeks after the movie, but they still ended the quarter & I think the year in a loss due to the movie. 

ANd yeah I think he made the movie.

Yeah he did make it.It's pretty sad if you think about it.