By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you think Nomura feels about the recent news about FFV13?

This morning I read the rumor was false. I read Wada said something like "Versus on xbox? No, Versus is PS3 exclusive. We are only considering the idea for the future"
Something LIKE this, but NOT EXACTLY this!!!

Around the Network
Deidara89 said:
This morning I read the rumor was false. I read Wada said something like "Versus on xbox? No, Versus is PS3 exclusive. We are only considering the idea for the future"
Something LIKE this, but NOT EXACTLY this!!!

I remember seeing this. Wada is saying weird (But I find hilarious things lately such as when asked about FFXIV release date "God Knows, I am not God".

he's playing riddles basically. I think we'll know at this E3 whether the rumour is true or not for sure. As if it's not confirmed at this years E3, it will atleast imo be for sure too late to start developing afterwards.

@thelifatree

Maybe Wada is drunk?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@thelifatree

Maybe Wada is drunk?

maybe, I'll check when I get to japan tomorow :P

OT

my dog named batou, I miss him I had to put him in a pet resort.

wait that wasn't on topic

I dunno I personally fine his recent escapades quite amusing. I hope he keeps doing this, while letting others develop games. Best of both worlds for me.

The Xbox Man said:
@Kennyheart

I don't think those guys knew for sure FFXIII was going to sell well. WRPG's have take critics & gamers by storm this gen, FFXIII got 83 on metacritic & there was so much negativity after the Japanese launch. If ever this was when a Final Fantasy was going to fail. But that didn't happen, somehow the game overcame all that and has sold excellently.

In regard to FFXIII I'll take a quote from the game itself "The whole world was against us"....the whole world was against FFXIII at one point but it overcame the world & succeeded. Especially on Xbox 360.

I will definitely see FFXIII as a game that overcame all odds & negativity & succeeded.

I dont think that quote can really apply to the game's 'success'. in my opinion FF13 sales have been lukewarm. the japanese sales account for 2mil and its the lowest selling FF in Japan since 6 i believe. if the worldwide sales didnt include the JP sales it would only stand at 3.5 mil multiplatform. and thats because it was riding the wave of a 20 year old franchise. if you take away the 1.3/4 mil sales from the Xbox version it means that FF13 would've only sold 2 mil out side japan.

so sales have been moderate and has evidently FF has lost gound since the FFX PS2 days. and those games were only released on one console. so i think theres a very fine line between success and... well FF13.

Around the Network

Why not just build the best game he can on PS3 and then do a quick port to 360 if it comes down to that. They can compress the audio and visuals to save space and 360 owners dont mind several discs.

thelifatree said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@thelifatree

Maybe Wada is drunk?

maybe, I'll check when I get to japan tomorow :P

OT

my dog named batou, I miss him I had to put him in a pet resort.

wait that wasn't on topic

I dunno I personally fine his recent escapades quite amusing. I hope he keeps doing this, while letting others develop games. Best of both worlds for me.

I miss my dog whenever I go on holiday too, but I have a dog keychain thats modelled after him, so I just look at it & get happy when I'm away from him!!

___

Wada is okay, he's a very good CEO clearly.

A203D said:
The Xbox Man said:
@Kennyheart

I don't think those guys knew for sure FFXIII was going to sell well. WRPG's have take critics & gamers by storm this gen, FFXIII got 83 on metacritic & there was so much negativity after the Japanese launch. If ever this was when a Final Fantasy was going to fail. But that didn't happen, somehow the game overcame all that and has sold excellently.

In regard to FFXIII I'll take a quote from the game itself "The whole world was against us"....the whole world was against FFXIII at one point but it overcame the world & succeeded. Especially on Xbox 360.

I will definitely see FFXIII as a game that overcame all odds & negativity & succeeded.

I dont think that quote applies to games 'success'. in my opinion FF13 sales have been lukewarm. the japanese sales account for 2mil and its the lowest selling FF in Japan since 6 i believe. if the worldwide sales didnt include the JP sales it would only stand at 3.5 mil multiplatform. and thats because it was riding the wave of a 20 year old franchise. if you take away the 1.3/4 mil sales from the Xbox version it means that FF13 would've only sold 2 mil out side japan.

so sales have been moderate and has evidently FF has lost gound since the FFX PS2 days. and those games were only released on one console. so i think theres a very fine line between success and... well FF13.

Wait WHAT:

1. If worldwide sales didn't include Japan & if we compare it to other FF's then its going to easily outdo FF8's 4.2 Million & quite possibly FFX....making it the 2nd or 3rd best selling FF outside of Japan.....how "lukewarm". So thats not helping your argument.

2. Because its riding the wave of a 20 year old franchise.......more like 13 year old...thats when FF got big here in the west. Many 13 year old franchises like xbox man said (crap I'm agreeing with that guy eww) have declined rapidly.

3. Why the hell would you "TAKE AWAY" xbox 360 versions sales? You know the PS3 & Xbox 360 combines still haven't done as much as PS2/PS1 have done...so how is that fair? Especially when many ex PS2 owners own a Xbox 360 now. 

4. Those FF's were released on 1 console.....yeah only on the most dominating consoles we have ever seen. (PS1/2)

5. Japan....let it get re-releases & we'll talk. FFX got from 2.3 to 3 Million with re-releases, FF13 can get a extra 300K easily. Possibly 400K. 

There is no doubt the game had more things going against than for it compared to past FF titles. FF8 had the post FF7 mania hype, FF10 had the stellar reviews from everywhere & the general consensus that it was the first major RPG on the PS2.

So what is the definition of success to you? Because FFX's aim was to sell "10 million" & outsell FF7 according to square-enix, so is FFX not a success too?

Nomura's probably like "WTF Wada!?!? you stay the hell outta VS XIII so stfu!!!"

The Xbox Man said:
@Kennyheart

1. Sales of FFXIII justify that the fan base is simply not on the 360. At least 75% of the sales were on PS3. It would not make sense to hold up production and risk game quality to port VS XIII.

2. Wada said that the deatils were not finalized. Whether that means there will be a port or not, I can only speculate, but still there has been no formal annoucement.

3. XIII did suffer in quality. FF is not known for mediocrity, which I'm sorry to say XIII was mediocre in comparison to previous entries. Anything that could hinder excellence in an FF series entry should be put to rest.

4. PS3 is outpacing Xbox now. Needless to say there are many owners that own both consoles and people new to HD gamming are invevitabily in those numbers. They should be putting all efforts into a PS3 launch. XIII sold well, but gauranteed they'll be alienation of the FF fanbase is another medicore to poor title gets released.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.