By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS EYE can do what NATAL can:

Ps Eye fighting games were pathetic.

All the eye did was pick up movements and turn them into a collision box in game.

I remember cheating on a old kungfu game where you had to wack all the Ninja's jumping at you on screen by picking up the PS eye and just shaking it. It would register everything in the room as movement and fill the entire screen in game with collision boxes destroying any Ninja Npcs.

I scored a couple of million points and reached the lastboss within about 5 minutes without being hit.

Around the Network

@kiefer

There have been no PS EYE fighting games..

mM
leo-j said:
@kiefer

There have been no PS EYE fighting games..

He ment the Eyetoy, and the Kung Fu and Boxing games in EyeToy: Play. Techinically speaking Fight Night Round 4 used the PS Eye for some features, and it's a fighting game....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

@ slowmo (lol so sorry about that)

I understand there are people who hate on Natal just because it's MS.  And that is wrong.  Personally, I know there is a legitimate chance that MS can pull it off.  I'm glad you agree with me that one side shouldn't be praising like the second coming, while bashing the competition.  Just like the other side shouldn't be bashing Natal for no reason. 

@ keifer

What exactly do you think is going to happen if you pick up Natal and shake it around while playing a game?  Nothing good, I can tell you that.  All of these motion devices are made to play with their own set of rules if you are to get the full gaming experience.  How is it the device's fault if you break those rules?

thismeintiel said:

@ ironman

I understand there are people who hate on Natal just because it's MS.  And that is wrong.  Personally, I know there is a legitimate chance that MS can pull it off.  I'm glad you agree with me that one side shouldn't be praising like the second coming, while bashing the competition.  Just like the other side shouldn't be bashing Natal for no reason. 

@ keifer

What exactly do you think is going to happen if you pick up Natal and shake it around while playing a game?  Nothing good, I can tell you that.  All of these motion devices are made to play with their own set of rules if you are to get the full gaming experience.  How is it the device's fault if you break those rules?

This falls into the mode of thought where if a game has a cheat or an exploit, it must be used, instantly making the game invalid as a test of skill.

Like Skeeball. Why bother rolling the ball when you can just walk up the ramp and drop the balls in the 50/100 hole?

Or Bowling. Walk down the lane and kick all the pins over.

Or Golf. Just drop the ball in the hole. World's Easiest Game.

Or, you could just play the way the game was designed and follow the basic rules. But no. Seriously, cheating makes all those games flawed to the point of being broken.

Around the Network

i've been watching this debate for a while now, and the only question i have is can you show some footage showing eatch point represented?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i've been watching this debate for a while now, and the only question i have is can you show some footage showing eatch point represented?

Well that's just it, technically Natal is superior but microsoft has been pretty secretive about actual footage of real tech demos. Where's the ps move tech has some really good footage. My favorite is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7jbElxoWFc

Theo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Well that's just it, technically Natal is superior but microsoft has been pretty secretive about actual footage of real tech demos. Where's the ps move tech has some really good footage. My favorite is;

point proven. you win! PSeye can see in 3D.

Theo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Cool video. I noticed the man commented said it basicly a 3d mouse  ( or just a 2D mouse like TrackIR)which it something that could be used for the PC gaming as a couch mouse. a normal mouse is not confortable using on the couch so hopely they will eventually have a PC version of Move.

Smidlee said:
Theo said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Cool video. I noticed the man commented said it basicly a 3d mouse  ( or just a 2D mouse like TrackIR)which it something that could be used for the PC gaming as a couch mouse. a normal mouse is not confortable using on the couch so hopely they will eventually have a PC version of Move.

now that just might be cool?