By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

Xephonai said:

Final Fantasy IX - $40 million

Final Fantasy XII - $35 million

and Final Fantasy XIII is not even on the list, so it's safe to say it was under $35 million? If that's the case and the game has already outsold XII and is not even priced at $20 bucks yet I think VS going multiplatform is a good thing.

You think FF13 cost less that 35 Million?

Buddy let me tell you, the amount of time they spent of graphics is astronomical which is undoubtedly the larger part of a game's budget.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
jneul said:
Grimes said:
Rainbird said:
Grimes said:

Sony has to take some blame for trotting these games out at E3 and other shows pretending like they are exclusives when they have no contract.

Why would they need a contract to say a game is exclusive? If they have been promised that a game will be exclusive, why shouldn't they present it as such?

Because it's not exclusive unless there is a contract. Promises mean squat in the business world. Sony knows this better than anyone.

oh please Ms does this more than Sony, come on get real and stop trolling, and on that note incoming bombshell i hear splinter cell may be even more likelty to come to the ps3, so 1 less x360 exclusive to count:):)

That's all you care about, eh?

Anyway, Splinter Cell isn't even an exclusive. It's available on PC.

Stop trolling and enjoy gaming.

jneul said:
Grimes said:
Rainbird said:
Grimes said:

Sony has to take some blame for trotting these games out at E3 and other shows pretending like they are exclusives when they have no contract.

Why would they need a contract to say a game is exclusive? If they have been promised that a game will be exclusive, why shouldn't they present it as such?

Because it's not exclusive unless there is a contract. Promises mean squat in the business world. Sony knows this better than anyone.

oh please Ms does this more than Sony, come on get real and stop trolling, and on that note incoming bombshell i hear splinter cell may be even more likelty to come to the ps3, so 1 less x360 exclusive to count:):)

Splinter Cell going multiplat would be more a whimper than a bang. It was a big disappointment IMO. It wasn't even that big of a franchise to begin with.

And quit calling wolf with the trolling accusations. Just because you disagree with somebody doesn't mean that the other person is trolling.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Xephonai said:

and Final Fantasy XIII is not even on the list, so it's safe to say it was under $35 million? If that's the case and the game has already outsold XII and is not even priced at $20 bucks yet I think VS going multiplatform is a good thing.

That list is based on a  article that is 2 years old, so FFXIII costs won't be there.

And they don't have costs for all games, because FFX is missing.

FFXIII should have cost a lot, but remember FFXII was in dev for LONGER than FF13, FF12 actually had a 2003 release date at one point believe it or not.

The first direct release date FF13 got was a 2008 one & it got delayed till 09. So FF13 will cost more than XII but not by that much more.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Xephonai said:

No, it's safe to say they don't know the game's budget.

Gran turismo 5 for example is not on the list... but I believe is one of the most expensive games ever. But it's just a believing.

Around the Network

I think it is a bad move to make it multi. lot of people bought a ps3 from hearing about these 2 games in 2006 alone. I think they might actually send death threats to Wada. Hey, they did it to Kojima. But, just like Tetsuya Nomura, Kojima is the lead and director of MGS4 as to Nomura the lead and director of Versus XIII and agito XIII.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
dtewi said:
TBH, that was a little expected.

Now who was it that yelled at me for hoping it'd be multiplat.

Looking at you DARTH.

When did  I say that? lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

After reading through the read I'd like to make a couple points clear:

-The 360 version in no way ruined the PS3 version, porting a game did not mean taking people out of the "Making Dungeons" section and force them to work on the "Porting" section. Porting is most likely done by a different group then those in charge of the core content. Also adding this, why would a company suddenly decide that if they're porting a game that dungeons should suddenly be cut or not made?

-Square Enix is a company and that means that they want to maximize profits while at the same time keeping fans happy. Of course they will port the game and not isolate almost one and a half million FF gamers on the 360.

-All that has been determined is the PS3 version is superior due to superficial reasons which in no way hinder or augment the enjoyment of the core game. I have yet to see a shred of proof which clearly states that porting the game rendered some gameplay elements impossible to create and had to be cut.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Grimes said:
Rainbird said:
Grimes said:

These games were announced long ago, when a promise of a game staying exclusive was much more likely to hold true. The word 'exclusive' is twisted a lot already though, Microsoft presented games for the 360 that were 'exclusive' despite being on the PC as well at last year's E3. So anything that looks like an exclusive will be used for PR.

Fab_GS said:
jneul said:
Grimes said:
Rainbird said:
Grimes said:

That's all you care about, eh?

Anyway, Splinter Cell isn't even an exclusive. It's available on PC.

Stop trolling and enjoy gaming.

sorry i was not having a jab at you personally i just hate it when people come into a thread and start throwing around things like this i had to give an example of how other companies do the same things:):)

how ya been??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1