By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

Grimes said:

Sony has to take some blame for trotting these games out at E3 and other shows pretending like they are exclusives when they have no contract.

Why would they need a contract to say a game is exclusive? If they have been promised that a game will be exclusive, why shouldn't they present it as such?

Around the Network
Masakari said:
Nomura IS a Sony fanboy, but he's a developer, an important one for sure, but "just" a developer / employee. Wada runs the entire company and has bigger things to think about than just japanese nationalistic views or legacy loyalties regarding Sony, this isn't the PS2 gen, the market has changed in a big way, and SE need to adapt to maintain profit levels and relevancy.

Regarding KH3, I guess the major delays and time it's taking SE to put out FF13 and Versus 13 mean that KH3 is starting to become doubtful for this gen - maybe the only hope for a "faster development process" is non-HD, aka the Wii. But obviously, I don't know the SE internal dev structure, KH3 might be in development for years even as we speak.

Excellent post man.

Now whats KH3?

So what would be the expected release date in North America for this game if it went to 360 as well? Any predictions? (since I assume they'll do the simultaneous release again)

I wanna say 2012, but with so little of the game being shown so far, I might go with 2013.

Or maybe they can make the game Timed Exclusive so I can play it faster...please?

Rainbird said:
Grimes said:

Sony has to take some blame for trotting these games out at E3 and other shows pretending like they are exclusives when they have no contract.

Why would they need a contract to say a game is exclusive? If they have been promised that a game will be exclusive, why shouldn't they present it as such?

Because it's not exclusive unless there is a contract. Promises mean squat in the business world. Sony knows this better than anyone.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Wyrdness said:

The are sentences/paragraphs in my post maybe you should brush up on your comprehension. I can tell by your reply that you're one of the members who has taken in more Sony propaganda from the back then the publisher's clearing house sweepstakes. Time to lube up again kid because Wada might be coming round again for another round of penetration for you and your brethren in the extremist camp, so we can once again laugh and watch you argue matters you know nothing about.

[edit] You made another 2 mistakes. And this is your first language? Back to school boy!

Around the Network
The Xbox Man said:
Masakari said:
Nomura IS a Sony fanboy, but he's a developer, an important one for sure, but "just" a developer / employee. Wada runs the entire company and has bigger things to think about than just japanese nationalistic views or legacy loyalties regarding Sony, this isn't the PS2 gen, the market has changed in a big way, and SE need to adapt to maintain profit levels and relevancy.

Regarding KH3, I guess the major delays and time it's taking SE to put out FF13 and Versus 13 mean that KH3 is starting to become doubtful for this gen - maybe the only hope for a "faster development process" is non-HD, aka the Wii. But obviously, I don't know the SE internal dev structure, KH3 might be in development for years even as we speak.

Excellent post man.

Now whats KH3?

Kingdom Hearts 3

Versus 13, I think will be released for X-mas 2011 / March 2012.

halil23 said:
Masakari said:
darthdevidem01 said:
halil23 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
halil23 said:
If this turned out true, expect to see:
-more delays
-downgraded graphics
-no Japanese audio
-and much less towns!!

Wada really f$%king up SquareEnix, I'm so shocked that he haven't been fired yet!!

Because the company knows how cryptic & polarizing FF fans are.

Every* FF after FF6 has been called the FF that "ruined the series" by a certain group of haters for those games.

On VGchartz itself I've seen every* FF after FF6 atleast being called the one that ruined the series.

Yet then every single one of them sell extremely well.

*Exception FF9 & well that sold the least out of the PS ones....yes there were other circumstances there but still thats the figure square see.

Now about Wada...the past year has been the best for them financially since the merger so you know no-one is gonna fire Wada.

Well IMO FF was ruined after 10.

FF9 was a great success as that was done in less time than 7 & 8, thus lower budget!

About Wada, I can hope can't I?

I can imagine without Wada, SE would get back it glory days like that in the PS1 era!!

IMO FF was never ruined. Its still the best RPG franchise like it was in the SNES days. But the peak that came with FF6 hasn't been surpassed, XIII got close for me though.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Most_expensive_games

FF9 cost $40 Million....I dunno if thats more than VIII it might be, either way its very high AND MORE than FFXII's budget....so yeah.

And no Wada isn't going anywhere & with him gone nothing will change with FF, he isn't a dark cloud that ruins everything no matter what anyone says here, thats ridiculous.

That list is highly innacurate - MS *reportedly* paid 80-100 million for the Too Human trilogy, not just 1 game. "Tom Clancy" isn't 1 game, it's the entire franchise, the CoD:MW2 budget there doesn't include marketing, even though other games do (like Lost Planet). Not questioning you, just commenting the list.

Agreed!

@darthdevidem01, 13 got close?!? What about 7 & 10?

About Wada, ok ok I get it! I should of said "I can dream can't I?"

X got close too, so did IV. And VII was my favorite until I played FFVI & after that I played X/IV/XIII all of which went ahead of VII. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
In other words, no surprises here.

I dunno, FF13 has done very well on xbox 360, but I still think the sales it has there could have been achieved on PS3 too. I think PS3 can sustain a FF game by itself. But if all S-E is seeing is sales on the paper then yeah they would want to do this move.

I think they should make Versus timed exclusive worldwide at the least as a litmus test. For example many people said MGS4 was going multiplat but when it sold that well on PS3 I don't think Konami felt there was any need to go multiplat.

I don't know where you got that one from but, I was rotflmao. First of all, mgs4 runs on a full blu-ray duel layer disc which is about 50gig.(even Otacon saids it) It is impossible to fit that in a hd-dvd. All of the codes for movements, AI, and CGI alone might be about 20gigs in total, the other 20gigs might be about actual game content, voices, sounds etc. For most games that is exclusive to PS3 is because it is only possible on PS3.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Masakari said:
The Xbox Man said:
Masakari said:

Excellent post man.

Now whats KH3?

Kingdom Hearts 3

Versus 13, I think will be released for X-mas 2011 / March 2012.

Thanks, FF13 was my first JRPG so I don't know much about KH3, I've been a big WRPG gamer since I started gaming, don't know why I never gave JRPG's a chance. 

It's seems like from this threads posts that Wada attacked PS3 only user's weak points for massive damage.
On a serious note, I think it's a good move. A lot more people can play it now. My friends a FF nut and the only console he doesn't own is a PS3, I bet he'll be happy if it is confirmed for the 360.