By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone got examples of Nintendo talking trash this generation?

Oh no not at all, they are angels of PR

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Phendrana said:
"Has Microsoft taken up masonry? They've been making a lot of bricks lately!" - Miyamoto on RRoD

Actually that never happened.

i lol'd

The unveiling of the new Apple iPad earlier this week has a lot of people excited. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata is not one of them.

“It was a bigger iPod Touch”, Iwata told Associated Press, adding that the new device offered “no surprises”.

The Nintendo president was equally down on the recent enthusiasm over 3D technology, saying “I have doubts whether people will be wearing glasses to play games at home. How is that going to look to other people?”

I don’t know. How does shouting/blowing into a handheld on the train make you look?

His buzz-killing didn’t stop there, either, responding to questions about motion-sensing handhelds and high definition Wiis with “I question whether those features would be enough to get people to buy new machines”.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/nintendo-president-pooh-poohs-apple-ipad-3d-technology/

I don't think his opinion on the matter is needed and his stab at Sony was obviously to self promote his own product. I'd also like to point out that I've heard Microsoft and Sony also say good stuff about the competition, I haven't heard the same from Nintendo.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Reggie has taken a few stabs at the competition, but he's tame compared to the likes of Greenberg and Butler.

I prefer the Miyamoto method; the guy even COMPLEMENTS Ninty's rivals! If only more of the bigwigs had this kind of class.

when they said apple was their new enemy and the sony-ninty battle was over, i think they are getting a bit big headed and need to be careful..

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

@DoobieWop,

Nintendo has said that they will not just make an HD upgrade. People will need more out of the next console than just a graphical upgrade. It will take more than just adding one or two existing features. They want the next console to offer something that isnt on the other consoles. Something that will set it apart from Sony and MS once again because they cannot compete with MS or Sony simply by giving their next console HD

Torillian said:
"I think we would have been embarrassed to do what our competitors are currently doing," Fils-Aime

Is what comes to mind.

I classify this as a bitch slap for the copycats the once trolled what they're doing now rather than being trash talk.

Trash Talk from Nintendo I only recall that they said once that the DSiWare store was superior to the appStore because the appStore is flooded with shitty games, apps and illegal stuff too.

While that may be true to an extent, DSiWare isn't obvisouly superior to appStore, so, that was trash talk from reggie to Apple.

Oh, and now I recall that they trash talked about the iPad too, if I am not mistaken.

Recently it's got worse, because of the threat of Move, where natal hasn't been shown they havn't said much about it. From June to December this year, I expect the most amount of mudslinging the industry has ever seen!

Red4ADevil said:
Nintendo is much more well mannered that the two combined.

Bear in mind Nintendo has a family image to uphold.

I look at Nintendo as I do Nick and Disney. They appeal the youngins and avoid controvery.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

jneul said:
when they said apple was their new enemy and the sony-ninty battle was over, i think they are getting a bit big headed and need to be careful..

From what I understand this comment was made in relation to handheld sales only and to be honest it's really not a parcticularly harsh comment when you look at PSP software and hardware sales in comparison to the DS's. 

If Nintendo were to keep focusing on the PSP they could easily miss Apple creeping in on their territory from the other side.

edit: also the fact that there's not even Iwata quote to support the claim, it's just rumoured that he said it.