By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone got examples of Nintendo talking trash this generation?

I can't remember either. Since Iwata became president, Nintendo adopted a "whatever, go nuts" attitude towards the competition. Fils-aime does says some witty remarks but pretty mild and, unlike Sony and MS, he is right 99.98% of the time.

Around the Network
andremop said:
Nintendo was very evil before... but now (last 15 years) they've been polite as hell.

don't let em fool u, while they employ one of the most creative minds in gaming historyPR speaking they "changed" or rather not letting business man talk, but rather someone their target market could relate to.

reggie though tries to deny need for HD, 3d (on consoles), Multimedia features, he say their comsumer dont want it.

I know some Nintendo of Europe guy said something dumb (the geeks and otakus thing but nothing else was memorable....except for the first 5 seconds, of this:

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Pyro as Bill said:
Reggie said Nintendo would be embarassed to have blatantly ripped off the Wiimote like Sony did with Move. That's about as harsh as Nintendo have got.

"I think a hallmark of Nintendo is that we are constantly trying to innovate," he said. "I think we would have been embarrassed to do what our competitors are currently doing.

Im even in two minds on this. I don't see it as being 'clearly' a stab at the competiton. To me it translates as "We (Nintendo) are innovators and we would be embarrassed to be followers". Thats at worst to me not even amongst the top 20 bad things said in this generation by *insert name here* PR person.

Tease.

Yeah I think Reggie's "we'd be embarassed" and PSP-Go comments are about as bad as I can recall. In the grand scheme of trash talking that's kindergarten stuff so doesn't really rise to the level of trash talk in the context of this generation's trash talk. Maybe in a more civilised time it would qualify as trash talk.

kinda like back in the day saying "damn" in a movie or TV show was greeted with sharp intakes of breath and pursed lips. But with Muthafukka, and c*nt making an appearance in pulp culture "damn" is verging on being polite conversation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Reggie is probably the worst Nintendo PR because he's the only person to say something of the competition in a not so good manner for only a few times.

Miyamoto on the other hand... He's such a respectable man honestly...

I remember when they has a week of poor sales Iwata said wii failed in japan

morenoingrato said:
I remember when they has a week of poor sales Iwata said wii failed in japan

Nintendo trash talking confirmed! To bad they trash talk themselves more than the competition.

"This grows boring!"
"Weaklings! Is there no one worth fighting?
"Perfection equals obliteration!"
"The unworthy must be removed from existence."
"To show mercy is to show proof of your imperfection!"
"Weakness is a disease... I am the cure!"
"............."
"Onushi ja yaku busokuja." ["you are not my opponent"]

"Has Microsoft taken up masonry? They've been making a lot of bricks lately!" - Miyamoto on RRoD

Actually that never happened.