By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone got examples of Nintendo talking trash this generation?

This generation has had some real bad PR from both Microsoft and Sony but when I think about Nintendo I don't get the feeling they have really participated in all the trash talk. However maybe im wrong, maybe they have talked trash and I've just filtered it out. Can anyone give some really good examples of Nintendo actually talking trash about their competition in general?

Im getting the impression from several people who are tarring Nintendo with the same brush as Microsoft and Sony that they are believed to have participated in all the dirty trash talking. However I want real examples and not hearsay or 'everyone talks smack'.

Tease.

Around the Network

"I think we would have been embarrassed to do what our competitors are currently doing," Fils-Aime

Is what comes to mind.

I can't recall anything, either. Only some very, very mild things. When it comes to smack talking, Nintendo just isn't in the same league as Sony and Microsoft are.

Seriously, can you imagine the shitstorm either of those two would unleash, if they were in in Nintendo's position? Having motion controls that got dismissed as a gimmicky fad, yet a few years on your competitors come out with their own versions, falling over themselves to get a piece of your pie?

Man, we'd never hear the end of it, ever. It'd be the worst case of PR-mudslinging in recorded history.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Reggie said Nintendo would be embarassed to have blatantly ripped off the Wiimote like Sony did with Move. That's about as harsh as Nintendo have got.

"I think a hallmark of Nintendo is that we are constantly trying to innovate," he said. "I think we would have been embarrassed to do what our competitors are currently doing.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Nintendo was very evil before... but now (last 15 years) they've been polite as hell.

Around the Network

Although it wasn't a direct slam of MS/Sony, Laurent Fischer saying that only geeks would want a storage solution was pretty fucking bad PR.

Nintendo is much more well mannered that the two combined.

axumblade said:

I think Reggie is the worst for Nintendo PR. But other then saying he didn't see any reason for the PSP-Go, I can't think of anything major he's said. I think he just strikes me as arrogant in comparison to anyone else I hear anything about from Nintendo.

Well, he was most definitely correct about the PSP GO.

You won't get many examples. They are near perfect for no bashing competition.

Really only Reggie has said a few things this gen and most are pretty tame.

Former something....