By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Red Dead: Redemption SALES Predictions - How BIG can it be?!

What were the pre orders last week? I was kinda hoping the pre orders for Americas would be up for this week already.

Around the Network

This is a bit tricky,

I'm gonna say that the PS3 will end up with 2.4-2.5, while 360 with 3-3.2 million.

xbox 1.75mil
playstation 1.55mil

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

themanwithnoname said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ok I guess -

3.5 Million on Xbox 360

2.7 Million on PS3

so 6.2 Million. Lets see if it goes higher.

They NEED to market it well I dunno if they are going to, have they begun marketing it?

I've seen quite a few trailers for it during the NBA playoffs. Similar to the route Call of Duty was and is going.

Thats a good indication then.

Now as its got multiplayer hopefully it will lead to friend wanting to play what other friends are playing online.

Unfortunately I don't think GTA4 ever got "BIG" on the online front like COD got.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Severance said:
lets just say if this was fun i am going to tell everyone about it (that means my imaginary girlfriend and my dead kitten)

I told them last night. (Pillow talk, you know.)

Around the Network

I say. 3.2 million on xbox, 2.75 milloin on PS3.

Great game, and glad people feel that a great game deserves to get recognized both by the reviewers AND public who buys them

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
darthdevidem01 said:
themanwithnoname said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ok I guess -

3.5 Million on Xbox 360

2.7 Million on PS3

so 6.2 Million. Lets see if it goes higher.

They NEED to market it well I dunno if they are going to, have they begun marketing it?

I've seen quite a few trailers for it during the NBA playoffs. Similar to the route Call of Duty was and is going.

Thats a good indication then.

Now as its got multiplayer hopefully it will lead to friend wanting to play what other friends are playing online.

Unfortunately I don't think GTA4 ever got "BIG" on the online front like COD got.

I doubt RDR will be a huge online game either. It's all about the single player.

First week WW

X360: 350K

PS3: 300K

LTD WW

X360: 2.2 million

PS3: 1.7 million

SlumsofOhio said:
No need to compare, Revolver was made by Capcom, not Rockstar.

Are you talking about Red Dead Revolver?  If so it wasn't.  It was made by Rockstar San Diego which was Angel Studios.  I don't know where you got Capcom from, I'm assuming you looked at the VGC page and saw that Capcom was the publisher in Japan?

OT:  I know at least 2 people who are going to buy it.  So > 2 people are going to buy it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
SlumsofOhio said:
No need to compare, Revolver was made by Capcom, not Rockstar.

Are you talking about Red Dead Revolver?  If so it wasn't.  It was made by Rockstar San Diego which was Angel Studios.  I don't know where you got Capcom from, I'm assuming you looked at the VGC page and saw that Capcom was the publisher in Japan?

OT:  I know at least 2 people who are going to buy it.  So > 2 people are going to buy it.

Capcom made about 70% of the game. Rockstar bought it off them at that point and made little tweaks here and there, but it's not a true Rockstar game.