By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Critically acclaimed current gen games you find boring.

The only one I can point is GTAIV. Took me a whole year to finally muster enough will to finish it. Which is a shame, as GTA:SA is one of my favourite GTA's of all time, but GTAIV took two step backs in every department (except the obvious ones, like graphics).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Arkham Asylum. Slow, dull, repetitive, overly gloomy, and just generally designed to be as boring as possible, the way I see it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MGS4 - only gud thing was akiba, thrwise stry went bck to silliness ov MGS2, gretness of MGS3 ws lost.

voty2000 said:
Little Big Planet. I tried to find the joy in it but it's the only game this gen I've got(came with a PS3 bundle) that I didn't finish. I even finished Too Human and the Burger King Xbox 360 games.

Ok...I can respect that you don't like LBP, but I question your reasoning. How do you "finish" LBP? It's like...infinite

Fallout 3. Wandering through dark subways was so exciting!

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

GTA4 is the worst in the series imo. The story is probably the best but I hate every aspect of the gameplay.

Bioshock. I really wanted to like because i had heard so many great things about the game but iy just didn't do it for me. SSBB was a disappointment for me. It's fun, but i just didn't have the special something that the first two had. I played for a month when it came out and haven't since. The Orange Box with the exception of Portal as well. Oh and Fallout 3 can be on here also.

- GTA 4
- LBP
- Resistance 2
- Bioshock

dsister44 said:
CommonMan said:
Specifcally boring, not that I just didn't like? Okay:

MGS4
Fable 2
Zelda:TP
Metroid Prime
GTA4

These are the only games this gen that are highly regarded that I've either started several times or just trudged my way through for the story's sake.

On the flip side, I really liked Star Wars:The Force Unleashed, which was pretty poorly reviewed and I found really quite fun.

No Killzone 2?

And I thought I knew you...

On Topic:

• MGS4
  • Killzone 2
  • Gears of War
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Oblivion

Killzone 2 wasn't "boring" per se. The controls are pointlessly frustrating, the characters are dull, the story is worthless and the graphics amount to shiny shiny grays and more grays, but all in all, the actual shooting part was. . .okay-ish. It has hints of goodness in the way the guns act (some variety would be neat though), to be honest if I had a friend who really like shooters and asked if they should play it, I would say yes, not to pay $60 or anything remotely close, but a GameFly wouldn't be out of the question.

Portal
Bioshock
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
F.E.A.R
F.E.A.R 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Prototype
Burnout Paradise
GRID
NFS: Shift
Far Cry 2
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
The "Wii" series (except Wii Sports)
Motorstorm 1 & 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Modern Warfare 2
CoD: World at War
Fallout 3

This gen has been by far the most boring for me and I've never waited so long before buying a console or several and I've never spent less cash on games than I do now despite actually being able to afford them now.