By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official April 2010 NPD Thread (Data for 4 wks ending May 2 in 3 hours)

SaviorX said:
psrock said:
gaf is saying 126k for MH3

Do they acknowledge whether or not separate SKUs or whatever are listed?

I mean, is the CC Pro bundle separate from the standalone title, or is stuff all combined?

Very fuzzy numbers, we will know more tomorrow i guess.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
RolStoppable said:
Innervate said:
Demotruk said:
April 2009 was such an easy comparison for Wii.

Wii is in trouble, it's in the process of collapsing, I hope Nintendo can do enough to bring it back.

It's not in trouble of collapsing, there hasn't been anything worthwhile on the system since NSMB:Wii.

Which exactly is why the Wii is in trouble. It looks like the efforts of third parties to slow down and eventually stop Nintendo are finally starting to pay off. Mainly due to Nintendo's own mistakes though, by failing to have a good holiday lineup in 2008 which has been hurting the Wii a lot ever since.

The Wii momentum collapsed during 2009 and Wii Sports Resort, a price cut and NSMB Wii merely stopped the Wii from falling even further. The momentum had stabilized for a while, but now it looks like it's going down again in the near future.

Let me try to be serious for a second.

Nintendo does believe one or two games can support the Wii for months, it has worked for Maria Kart, WiiSports, NSMB Wii. The first 5 months of this year has been just terrible but somehow NSMB, Wiifit and Wii Sports Resort has kept the Wii going. This shows how powerful these games are, but how lackluster the third party support has been.

Nintendo is winning alone and besides a few games Casual games from third party, nobody wants to join the party.

One interesting number I saw in the NPD report was that casual games represented 24% of the games purchased this month down from 36% one year ago. That might explains the Wii decline.

Of course we would still have to know what they categorize as casual games to know that...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I wonder if some of the Wii sales losses are due to the proximity of the Wii Sports Resort bundle packin?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I wonder if some of the Wii sales losses are due to the proximity of the Wii Sports Resort bundle packin?

Did it even have a firm release date before the end of the month?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Squilliam said:

Did it even have a firm release date before the end of the month?

It was slated at May 9th. However it could be the case that retailers bled down their stock and then when people came looking for one they said that the next version with more stuff was only say 2 weeks away.

Tease.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
psrock said:
gaf is saying 126k for MH3

Do they acknowledge whether or not separate SKUs or whatever are listed?

I mean, is the CC Pro bundle separate from the standalone title, or is stuff all combined?

It's all SKUs combined. Guitar Hero and the like were also always listed combined by NPD, so there's no reason to assume otherwise for Monster Hunter Tri.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Just as I said Pokemon is even more undertracked now

Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"

Innervate said:
Demotruk said:
April 2009 was such an easy comparison for Wii.

Wii is in trouble, it's in the process of collapsing, I hope Nintendo can do enough to bring it back.

It's not in trouble of collapsing, there hasn't been anything worthwhile on the system since NSMB:Wii.

That may be the cause, but it's a matter of fact that the sales are collapsing. Keep in mind that it is sharply down compared to April 2009, which was following an even worse drought. The holiday titles of Animal Crossing and Wii Music had died off and in the following months there was what? Nothing.

It's also down sharply month to month, which along with other evidence implies that shortages were not a big issue.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk is the new trestres confirmed?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Demotruk is the new trestres confirmed?

Yes, imo he even outtrestreses trestres

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin