By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie>>>>>>>>>Infinity Ward

I know most of you don't need clarification why this is the case but let me put the final nail in the coffin why this is the case and why Bungie is one of the greatest studios ever.

I decided to play a little Reach and I get a little pop up screen and to my amazement it had some interesting tidbits about the Beta. Here is as follows what I read and I'm sure all of you read if you recently played the Beta.

A new Grab Bag gametype goes live alongside some sweet tweaks and fancy new upgrades.

-Grab Bag's "SvE Slayer" pits Spartans vs. Elites

-Spartan DMR Loadout removed from Invasion Phase 1 (stops the DMR camping when Elites are invading the base and many people complained about this)

-CTF Flag return proximity increased

-Headhunter skull pickup radius increased ( I know there were many times I thought I ran over a skull to notice I didn't have one, thanks Bungie for addressing this)

-Same team Stockpile flag removal and rescoring resolved (players that collected and dropped flags in their base had teamates who camped the base only to pick up the flag, drop it outside the collection point, and put it back in to have the point given to them instead of the original flag collector. Also many complaints about this problem)

So lets see...It took Bungie approximately a little over a week to address issues with a Beta...a freaking Beta....and implement the solutions back into the beta. They could have waited till the game came out for the fixes but they resolved them. Bungie listens to their fans.

Infinity Ward pretty much crapped on their fans with the Tac insert  boosting problem never being fixed, glitches galore taking many weeks to be patched, and just overall crap taking forever to be addressed.

Sony fans you are in for a treat when Bungie finally releases something for your console and you get to experience what Xbox owners have experienced with Halo. Granted you won't be playing Halo but at least you can count on a rock solid game.

Around the Network

any developer >>>>>>> infinity ward, right now

Yeah, i'll agree with you. It's is a bit of a tossup for me, but i feel confident saying bungie is the better developer. I didn't get to play the beta though, but it's comforting knowing they're going to fix the issues i heard about.

I'd have to agree with that statement, and I will add my own.

Valve >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bungie

-Newcloud- said:
any developer >>>>>>> infinity ward, right now

this

Around the Network

It would be another fine addition to PS3.

In terms of support and listening to their fans, Bungie are probably leagues ahead of IW. Plenty of people complain about a vast amount of problems in MW2 yet they go unfixed.

Still as far as the final shipped (unpatched) product though, I think MW2 is a superior FPS experience to Halo 3. MW has brought about some nice changes and innovation to the FPS genre. Games like MAG and Resistance 2 have both used a similiar experience counter to MW, and honestly, I can't picture myself playing a FPS down the line that doesn't have customizable killstreaks to reward the player.

It's a real pity IW fell apart, MW3 could have been even bigger and better.

mirgro said:
I'd have to agree with that statement, and I will add my own.

Valve >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bungie

I have to disagree at least from my personal experience. L4D was the single most overrated game I have ever played. Haven't played Half Life but the mechanics look about the same.

Dallinor said:
In terms of support and listening to their fans, Bungie are probably leagues ahead of IW. Plenty of people complain about a vast amount of problems in MW2 yet they go unfixed.

Still as far as the final shipped (unpatched) product though, I think MW2 is a superior FPS experience to Halo 3. MW has brought about some nice changes and innovation to the FPS genre. Games like MAG and Resistance 2 have both used a similiar experience counter to MW, and honestly, I can't picture myself playing a FPS down the line that doesn't have customizable killstreaks to reward the player.

It's a real pity IW fell apart, MW3 could have been even bigger and better.

Killstreaks promote camping which in turn promotes a rush to rack up killstreak rewards and sit back and rack up kills for not doing anything. I do enjoy my occassional COD and killstreaks but it doesn't necessarily make it a better game. I actually think it makes it a cheaper game and a game more suited for the casual crowd. If you're a casual FPS player then thats cool I understand why you like it better. I would say Bungie has introduced much more innovation then COD...at least to the console crowd. Forge, Theater mode and other nuances devs have taken from past halo games.

The simple fact that Bungie is still around and Infinity Ward now consists of a small team doing nothing but working on the next DLC pack for MW2 automatically makes Bungie > Infinity Ward.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.