By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie>>>>>>>>>Infinity Ward

tuscaniman said:
mirgro said:
I'd have to agree with that statement, and I will add my own.

Valve >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bungie

I have to disagree at least from my personal experience. L4D was the single most overrated game I have ever played. Haven't played Half Life but the mechanics look about the same.

That's funny cause I feel Halo is one of the most overrated games that has ever cme out. Also it's hilarious that you think HL has the same mechanics as L4D when it's not even mildly the same. Also you seem to forget about TF2. Or CSS.

Around the Network
mirgro said:

This of course.

Half-Life 2, Portal, Counter-Strike, Team Forteress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 are all great games.

I have always liked bungie. Even when they were 1st (maybe 2nd, I don't really know the difference) party to microsoft, they weren't talking trash about the other consoles. They even tweeted about U2, congratulating naughty dog. Bring on reach baby!

Hmmm, not sure I like the DMR Loadout removed from Invasion Phase 1. You just had to work as a team when playing as the Elites. Phase 1 is f-ing easy actually (Assassin loadout, use stalker and camp if teammate dies, he respawns, gets back in territory, support the team, rinse & repeat)... It's Phase 3 that is a problem with the Elites having no good weapons and the Spartans with all the rockets, snipers and Spartan Lasers.

Anyways, never went to the forums to discuss about this so what can I say?

About the topic, I agree with pretty much everything you said OP.

*EDIT: CTF flag return proximity increase is OK... for people that never use Guard when they should while defending that is! Seriously not sure about this update as well. I need to get to the forums there! o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

mirgro said:
tuscaniman said:
mirgro said:

I have to disagree at least from my personal experience. L4D was the single most overrated game I have ever played. Haven't played Half Life but the mechanics look about the same.

That's funny cause I feel Halo is one of the most overrated games that has ever cme out. Also it's hilarious that you think HL has the same mechanics as L4D when it's not even mildly the same. Also you seem to forget about TF2. Or CSS.

Well I never played those games so I could give them a shot but they were always overshadowed by different FPS that had my attention at the time. In college I played Quake 3 Arena on PC religiously all the way up till 2003. After that I was on hiatus in gaming pretty much till I bought a 360 in 2006. From there it was strictly Gears, then Halo, COD, and now Reach. So I've always been occupied with something else. I recently picked up L4D2 and its has some fun factor to it, but its mechanics are just so simple its not what I expected. Its a spray and pray game and I like games that take skill. I sure Valves other games do but I'll just pass on the Valve experience.

Edit: I did some Halo 2 gaming in between Quake and 360 days. Halo 2, 4 player split screen, system linked, a room full of buddies playing for hours, nothing beats it. I doubt you experienced Halo like that or you wouldn't be calling it overrated.

Around the Network
tuscaniman said:
Dallinor said:
In terms of support and listening to their fans, Bungie are probably leagues ahead of IW. Plenty of people complain about a vast amount of problems in MW2 yet they go unfixed.

Still as far as the final shipped (unpatched) product though, I think MW2 is a superior FPS experience to Halo 3. MW has brought about some nice changes and innovation to the FPS genre. Games like MAG and Resistance 2 have both used a similiar experience counter to MW, and honestly, I can't picture myself playing a FPS down the line that doesn't have customizable killstreaks to reward the player.

It's a real pity IW fell apart, MW3 could have been even bigger and better.

Killstreaks promote camping which in turn promotes a rush to rack up killstreak rewards and sit back and rack up kills for not doing anything. I do enjoy my occassional COD and killstreaks but it doesn't necessarily make it a better game. I actually think it makes it a cheaper game and a game more suited for the casual crowd. If you're a casual FPS player then thats cool I understand why you like it better. I would say Bungie has introduced much more innovation then COD...at least to the console crowd. Forge, Theater mode and other nuances devs have taken from past halo games.

Killstreaks offer a new way to play the game. Your life becomes more valauble as you're rewarded for surviving. You can then adjust your killstreaks based on which level you're playing and gauging your own skill and class set up. It offers more choice, but most importantly a sense of reward. And that's something MW2 offers in spades. Unlocking new killstreaks, weapons, ranks, emblems and callsigns encourages the player to keep playing, as there is always another challenge waiting in line.

Casual? It's defintely suited to the casual crowd, but so is Halo. It doesn't really matter what type of player you are. If the game offers more variety and choice, people will find it more appealing.

Halo has brought innovation certainly, but MW2 is, in my book, the FPS to beat right now.

I'm pretty excited to be able to play Bungie games on my PS3 now. They are a great developer.

Infinity Ward isn't bad by any means, CoD4 was one of the best games ever, but they definitely need to work on fixing bugs/glitches way sooner. They basically give you a good game and then never think about it again.

Dallinor said:
tuscaniman said:
Dallinor said:
In terms of support and listening to their fans, Bungie are probably leagues ahead of IW. Plenty of people complain about a vast amount of problems in MW2 yet they go unfixed.

Still as far as the final shipped (unpatched) product though, I think MW2 is a superior FPS experience to Halo 3. MW has brought about some nice changes and innovation to the FPS genre. Games like MAG and Resistance 2 have both used a similiar experience counter to MW, and honestly, I can't picture myself playing a FPS down the line that doesn't have customizable killstreaks to reward the player.

It's a real pity IW fell apart, MW3 could have been even bigger and better.

Killstreaks promote camping which in turn promotes a rush to rack up killstreak rewards and sit back and rack up kills for not doing anything. I do enjoy my occassional COD and killstreaks but it doesn't necessarily make it a better game. I actually think it makes it a cheaper game and a game more suited for the casual crowd. If you're a casual FPS player then thats cool I understand why you like it better. I would say Bungie has introduced much more innovation then COD...at least to the console crowd. Forge, Theater mode and other nuances devs have taken from past halo games.

Killstreaks offer a new way to play the game. Your life becomes more valauble as you're rewarded for surviving. You can then adjust your killstreaks based on which level you're playing and gauging your own skill and class set up. It offers more choice, but most importantly a sense of reward. And that's something MW2 offers in spades. Unlocking new killstreaks, weapons, ranks, emblems and callsigns encourages the player to keep playing, as there is always another challenge waiting in line.

Casual? It's defintely suited to the casual crowd, but so is Halo. It doesn't really matter what type of player you are. If the game offers more variety and choice, people will find it more appealing.

Halo has brought innovation certainly, but MW2 is, in my book, the FPS to beat right now.

Camping provides killstreaks and everyone knows this. It rewards the camper who sits in a corner with claymores, scavenger pro and heartbeat sensor. Like I said its fun but its casual. Any noob can strap on the noob toob and let fire and rack up some killstreaks. Halo on the other hand if your a noob you're gonna get raped. Its not a casual friendly FPS by any means.

tuscaniman said:
mirgro said:

It's not even close to similar. Half-Life is a story-driven epic adventure, L4D is just a competent zombie shooter. Fun with friends, nothing special.

P.S. Half-Life 2: Episode 2 is the greatest game ever created.

Chairman-Mao said:
I'm pretty excited to be able to play Bungie games on my PS3 now. They are a great developer.

Infinity Ward isn't bad by any means, CoD4 was one of the best games ever, but they definitely need to work on fixing bugs/glitches way sooner. They basically give you a good game and then never think about it again.

Yeah I'm interested to see what they come up with next. I don't think it will be Halo killer that EA is going to try to hype up but I'm sure it will be a solid game. I suggest picking up a 360 arcade, or buying a used one and picking up Reach. It seriously is going to be a masterpiece that I don't think Bungie will be able to top. If there was ever a game to buy a 360 for I think this is going to be the one.