By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie>>>>>>>>>Infinity Ward

Tanstalas said:
tuscaniman said:
Dallinor said:
In terms of support and listening to their fans, Bungie are probably leagues ahead of IW. Plenty of people complain about a vast amount of problems in MW2 yet they go unfixed.

Still as far as the final shipped (unpatched) product though, I think MW2 is a superior FPS experience to Halo 3. MW has brought about some nice changes and innovation to the FPS genre. Games like MAG and Resistance 2 have both used a similiar experience counter to MW, and honestly, I can't picture myself playing a FPS down the line that doesn't have customizable killstreaks to reward the player.

It's a real pity IW fell apart, MW3 could have been even bigger and better.

Killstreaks promote camping which in turn promotes a rush to rack up killstreak rewards and sit back and rack up kills for not doing anything. I do enjoy my occassional COD and killstreaks but it doesn't necessarily make it a better game. I actually think it makes it a cheaper game and a game more suited for the casual crowd. If you're a casual FPS player then thats cool I understand why you like it better. I would say Bungie has introduced much more innovation then COD...at least to the console crowd. Forge, Theater mode and other nuances devs have taken from past halo games.

Next to impossible to camp in MW2 unless you are playing hardcore, or you don't watch the killcam to see where the person is camping from.
So if you don't want a camper, go play non-hardcore.

Also it is a lot harder to balance a game with as many weapons and different perks as MW2 has, plus you get to use 3 perks vs the 1 armor ability that Reach has.

I like both games, as far as Dev's go, yes I agree Bungie is the better group

Next to impossible to camp in MW2? Really? Have you ever actually played the game? That is all people do. You do know that camping doesn't mean sitting in the exact same corner the whole game right? You can actually move from corner to corner still saying in the same general area.

Around the Network
Tanstalas said:
tuscaniman said:
Dallinor said:
tuscaniman said:
Dallinor said:
In terms of support and listening to their fans, Bungie are probably leagues ahead of IW. Plenty of people complain about a vast amount of problems in MW2 yet they go unfixed.

Still as far as the final shipped (unpatched) product though, I think MW2 is a superior FPS experience to Halo 3. MW has brought about some nice changes and innovation to the FPS genre. Games like MAG and Resistance 2 have both used a similiar experience counter to MW, and honestly, I can't picture myself playing a FPS down the line that doesn't have customizable killstreaks to reward the player.

It's a real pity IW fell apart, MW3 could have been even bigger and better.

Killstreaks promote camping which in turn promotes a rush to rack up killstreak rewards and sit back and rack up kills for not doing anything. I do enjoy my occassional COD and killstreaks but it doesn't necessarily make it a better game. I actually think it makes it a cheaper game and a game more suited for the casual crowd. If you're a casual FPS player then thats cool I understand why you like it better. I would say Bungie has introduced much more innovation then COD...at least to the console crowd. Forge, Theater mode and other nuances devs have taken from past halo games.

Killstreaks offer a new way to play the game. Your life becomes more valauble as you're rewarded for surviving. You can then adjust your killstreaks based on which level you're playing and gauging your own skill and class set up. It offers more choice, but most importantly a sense of reward. And that's something MW2 offers in spades. Unlocking new killstreaks, weapons, ranks, emblems and callsigns encourages the player to keep playing, as there is always another challenge waiting in line.

Casual? It's defintely suited to the casual crowd, but so is Halo. It doesn't really matter what type of player you are. If the game offers more variety and choice, people will find it more appealing.

Halo has brought innovation certainly, but MW2 is, in my book, the FPS to beat right now.

Camping provides killstreaks and everyone knows this. It rewards the camper who sits in a corner with claymores, scavenger pro and heartbeat sensor. Like I said its fun but its casual. Any noob can strap on the noob toob and let fire and rack up some killstreaks. Halo on the other hand if your a noob you're gonna get raped. Its not a casual friendly FPS by any means.

There are perks to counter heartbeat sensors and claymores, maybe you need to play more?   

I have over 40,000 kills in MW2 I don't need to play more. Not to mention my K/D ratio was over 2 and my win streak was at 120. Yeah there are perks to counter heartbeat sensors, its called ninja which you don't unlock till level 29. The only perk to counter claymores is scrambler which in turn denies your perk to counter heartbeat sensors since they share the same slot. I'm guessing you play on a PS3? The differences between the two online communities are drastic. Maybe you should play on Live so you can experience playing against skilled FPS players.

Well since almost everyone left Infinity, this is probably true now. But 6 months ago, Infinity Ward >>> (times infinity) >>>>> Bungie

Bobo012893 said:
tuscaniman said:
Bobo012893 said:

Valve>>>>Zipper>>>>Bungie=Guerilla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Infinity Ward

Bungie = Guerilla? Really? Killzone 1 was a joke of a FPS and a disgrace to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Halo when it was announced to be a Halo killer. I actually believed the hype when I was a PS2 gamer and realized I was duped.  Killzone 2? I haven't played that game and I'm sure its great, I know graphically its great, but you can't take 1 game no matter how good it is and say its equal to a whole series of games (Halo series). Guerilla is not even close to Bungie.

Killzone 1 was a joke of an fps? I guess I'll take your word for it because you obviously know what you're talking about. I'll put aside my 100 hours of playing both franchises and accept the fanboy shit that is sputtering out of your mouth.

Yes. Guerilla. Really. Killzone 1, while not received well critically, was engaging and a solid first esstablishment from a newly formed studio. Killzone 2 meshed beautiful artistic and graphical qualities, a style of gameply that was both unique and realistic, and a compelling and provacative storyline (excluding Rico - I FUCKING hate him) thus establishing a new benchmark for modern First Person Shooters.

Halo 3 on the other hand, while certainly fun and engaging, was regurgitated and presented nearly nothing to advance the genre as a whole (Halo 2 was this way as well).

I will not deny that the Halo franchise is paramount to the establishment of the genre on consoles and that each installment is a great game (I love Halo), but to state that "Guerilla is not even close to Bungie" without ever playing either of their games is ignorant and completely FUCKING stupid.

I hold no personal grudge towards you and note that my harsh language is in no way an insult, this is just how I communicate with people. I would respect your views if you had any personal experience with the Killzone franchise. However, you do not so i think that it would be wise to while not necessarily agree with my views, respect them as I have more experience with Killzone and, in all probability, Halo than you do.

Well seeing as you are now banned you can't comment back which is fine because you don't know what you're talking about. If you had read my comment with the comprehensive level of more than a 1st grader you would have deducted from it that I actually owned Killzone 1 for my PS2. I played the game multiple times and it was not the Halo killer it was branded so you stand corrected. Secondly lets compare Killzone 1 to Halo:CE for comparisons sake since each is the first in the series. Conversation is over buddy since we know which one is the better game.

victor4o said:
So he has not played Half-Life but he thinks he can talk about first-person shooters and Valve?

pathetic...

Just a quick question how old are you? I'm actually old enough to play one of the first FPSs ever made at its release along with witnessing the playing through the evolution of the FPS genre. Don't question my FPS experience because of a game I haven't played. Half Life never looked interesting to me.

Around the Network

Valve >>>>> Bungie

Feylic said:
Well since almost everyone left Infinity, this is probably true now. But 6 months ago, Infinity Ward >>> (times infinity) >>>>> Bungie

Inconceivable!!!!

Absolutely right. Bungie is really the best dev out there.

Naughty Dog>All

I like bungie but they keep releasing pretty much the same product over and over again. All the maps feel the same now as they did years ago.

Infinity Ward made a great game with Cod4. I think it is still a standard bearer for what a FPS should be, they ruined MW2 with overpowered Killstreaks, overpowered guns (except the .50 CAL for some reason) The knife is the most powerful weapon in the game and has a Halo sword lunge that seems to work from 30 feet away....the game is just broken

I really don't understand why everyone thinks IW is some great developer. The first CoD and CoD4 were both pretty good but both were full of flaws, glitches etc... MW2 is total garbage. Its network configuration is one of the worst I've ever played, glitching and boosting that seems to never go away. Even before the mass exodus from IW, I wouldn't put them in my top ten devs.